Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

SF/Futuristic Romance > Hunger games

Comments Showing 1-50 of 113 (113 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments Ok so most of us have read HUNGER GAMES. I am still readi g Mockingjay so no spoilers please. My 12 year old is now reading the first book and he loves it. We were discussing what we thought katniss, peeta and gale looked like.
Funny how differently we imagine the characters. I see them based on their personality. My son sees them how they are described in the book. I just can't do that. I see them form in my head based on their actions. Weird, huh?
Let's try and post pics of our favorite actors to play Katniss, Gale and Peeta. Have fun!!!

message 2: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments

Hannah Marks. I think she'd be amazing as Katniss, since I won't get to have Nina Dobrev! :(

Lucas Till: Peeta

Perfect!

Drew Roy: Gale

He'd be really good!

message 3: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Sep 03, 2010 02:13PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) How did I know that Mairead would be all over this within half a second?

We have our own casting guru in the house. :)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments I was thinking Ellen Page for Katniss, she just needs to change her eye colour to grey

http://famousmonstersoffilmland.com/w...

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments As for Peeta, the guy from Eragon (don't know his name)

http://suvudu.com/files/mt-files/erag...

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments Gale is a bit harder as I don't have such a vivid pic for him as I do Katniss and Peeta

message 7: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Stacia wrote: "How did I know that Mairead would be all over this within half a second?

We have our own casting guru in the house. :)"

HAHAHA, sorry. I probably annoy people, but I LOVE CASTING. It's so much fun...

message 8: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Suzanne wrote: "As for Peeta, the guy from Eragon (don't know his name)

http://suvudu.com/files/mt-files/erag..."

Ed Speleers

message 9: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Suzanne wrote: "I was thinking Ellen Page for Katniss, she just needs to change her eye colour to grey

http://famousmonstersoffilmland.com/w..."

She's 25 though?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I find it amusing, and usually like your picks.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments I know, she just needs to regress in age a bit then she would be perfect!

message 12: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Thanks. :D
I literally have no life, so I have a lot of time to think about thi stuf. But THG= <3 for me, so I take it pretty seriously.

message 13: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments Mairead!! I always love your posts!!! you guys are so good!! Ok so Peeta is a blonde?????? I picture him as an Indian guy!! hahahahahah it's because his name sounds Indian to me!!! LOLOLOLOL....but I like him like this...he is much better looking!! (India the country not american Indian!!)
So, why can you have Nina Dobrev?? She would make a good Katniss. Although i see her as a blonde!! LOL
I guess I need to start paying better attention to the author's decscriptions!!

message 14: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments I like Ellen Page for Katness...she is good too!!!

message 15: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Sep 03, 2010 02:43PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Both Katniss and Gale are olive skinned (which is usually light brown or white skin with yellow undertones) with dark hair and gray eyes. Basically, a pale skinned white girl would not fit the role.

Peeta is medium heighth and stocky with blonde hair, although in my head I always see him as tall and lanky, not sure why though...

message 16: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Danielle wrote: "Mairead!! I always love your posts!!! you guys are so good!! Ok so Peeta is a blonde?????? I picture him as an Indian guy!! hahahahahah it's because his name sounds Indian to me!!! LOLOLOLOL....but..."

Ah, Danielle, you make me smile. Love your posts too. they cheer me up. :D
Apparently everyone thinks she looks way too old *shrugs* not to me. I think she'd be great. But then again, so would Hannah. :D
Hehehe, I sometimes deviate from authos descriptions, or get peeved when they don't give one and I get it wrong. Like Carrie Ryan. Elias apparently had brown hair and Catcher had blonde, and I swapped it. Doesn't matter anyway, since the book was annoying, but hey! :P
I'm in a ranty mood! :D

message 17: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Stacia wrote: "Both Katniss and Gale are olive skinned (which is usually light brown or white skin with yellow undertones) with dark hair and gray eyes. Basically, a pale skinned white girl would not fit the role..."

I always see Peeta as tall, but with broad shoulders...and very very pretty. ;D

message 18: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Sep 03, 2010 02:51PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Since Pettyfer is not right for Peeta, and is getting almost too old to play Jace, he's heading into the right age for Finnick (mid 20's).

message 19: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments ah...look at those. Hello.

I still love him as Jace. I honestly can't see anyone else in the role. :P

Kinda like Colton Haynes as Finnick. He's got the pretty boy look.

message 20: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Sep 03, 2010 02:54PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I know...he's who I picture now as Jace (the Beastly role converted me to his side), but you know by the time they get around to making that movie, he'll be heading into his mid 20's and Jace is what? 17? If they make CoB within the next 6 months, it would work, but at some point, Pettyfer is gonna be too old.

message 21: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Yeah, but think of it this way...Ben Barnes played a 19 year old at 25. =P

message 22: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Sep 03, 2010 03:07PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Someone mentioned Garrett Hedlund in one of the groups for Finnick. I don't like him as much as Pettyfer, but he'd do.

message 23: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments yeah, i guess! I don't really mind about Finnick. i mean, if Chace Crawford could actually act, he'd be great,but hey! =P

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Take off her makeup (a.k.a. ugly her up a bit) and spray tan her and I can see it if I squint.

Lucy Hale

message 25: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments I love Lucy hale, but i just think she's too happy looking or something. her eyes are HUGE! :D it's awesome

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Yeah, where are all the tough looking girls?

message 27: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments anyone's better than Viley Virus though

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Can we somehow all band together and make Miley go away? Her acting is terrible. She can take Vanessa Hudgens and all the Disney kids with her too. I can't believe they cast Vanessa to star alongside Alex in Beastly.

message 29: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Stacia wrote: "Can we somehow all band together and make Miley go away? Her acting is terrible. She can take Vanessa Hudgens and all the Disney kids with her too. I can't believe they cast Vanessa to star alon..."
God, it's like your in my head. THANK YOU! Although Hudgens may have redeeming qualities *doubtful*, There is no excuse for the direness of Cyrus' "acting". You need to use air quotes when you say it!
I don't mind Selena Gomez though, but I don't want any of them in this!

message 30: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Apparently Pettyfer's dating Diana Agron...Lucky girl!

message 31: by Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (last edited Sep 04, 2010 09:46AM) (new)

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I also can't believe they cast Vanessa Hudgens beside Alex in Beastly. Disgusting and so far off the book. And Alex is not too old to play Jace because he IS Jace! If Rob can play Edward then Alex can play Jace! And do it a whole lot more realistically!

Alex is just 20!

message 32: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Here Here! *applauds very very loudly*

She doesn't seem like Lindy, at all, but maybe she'll be okay.....:S

message 33: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments Stacia wrote: "Someone mentioned Garrett Hedlund in one of the groups for Finnick. I don't like him as much as Pettyfer, but he'd do.

"

This guy is perfect for finnick!!!

message 34: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Ok, I'm going to throw all you guys off by saying--these kids all look WAY too young. Sorry, but while I know that Peeta, Gale and Katniss are all around 16 to 18 or so, you have to remember where they live--and HOW they live. Visit some of the small towns in coal mining country. The people there all LOOK about 10 to 15 years older than they really are--except for the well to do ones. So maybe you could get away with Peeta actually looking his age, but not Kat or Gale. Plus, only Peeta has been fed regularly, which means that Gale and Kat are both, well, scrawny is the only word that comes to mind. Sorry, but you'd really have to find someone is a near terminal stage of anorexia to get them thin enough to match the descriptions (or get someone from one of the African nations that is going through a famine.)

I drive through that region fairly regularly going to visit my Mum, so I know what the people look like, and that's in THIS day and age, where they are still able to get decent(ish) food and don't have to work themselves quite to death.

I'm thinking that in looks Gale and Kat are probably Welsh or maybe Cornish looking. (Think Katherine Zeta Jones for the colouration.) And I see Peeta as probably Germanic or maybe Nordic.

Um, ok, its getting late and I'm getting punchy, guess its time to end this kind of rant on what I think they should look like.

message 35: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (imahoodieninja) | 170 comments LOLOL oh Ann that shouldn't be a problem in Hollywood nowadays, everyone already looks like they don't eat!

message 36: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie  G (paranormalhaven) | 81 comments I haven't read this series but is it true that there is talks of a movie being made?

message 37: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Yeah, Gary Ross is rumoured to be directing, although it's pretty much a lock. The script is finished, and they'll start casting soon. Excitement! :D

message 38: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2 comments Katniss- Willa Holland
Peeta- Alex Pettyfer
Gale- Avan Jogia
Haymitch- Hugh Laurie/Sean Bean/Robert Downey Jr.
Cinna- Hugh Dancy

message 39: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2 comments Finnick- Freddie Stroma

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments I imagine Haymitch more like Bill Bailey!

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 42: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. | 252 comments Suzanne wrote: "I imagine Haymitch more like Bill Bailey!

"

Does Bill Bailey play a good drunk? I've only ever seen him on the episodes of QI that I can find on youtube.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments Yep he would do a great drunk I reckon. You should watch Black Books, he is in that, although he isn't very Haymitchey in that, but you should still watch it as it is funny! (love QI!)

But I think he could be a brilliant Haymitch, and when they first describe him Bill Bailey was the first person who popped up in my mind who could play him.

message 44: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments I'm going with Fani on this one. Please no for Haymitch. Oh wow (tears of laughter). Just please no. The receding hair-line is killing me.

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) Oh, you are ruining a perfectly good character with this casting! I agree with Samantha who suggested Hugh Laurie or Robert Downey Jr for Haymitch. They're much better suited for this role IMO. And I have no problem imagining either one of them as drunk:)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

sorry i'm just changing the topic right now but, do you guys wanna vote for your favourite fictional guy in the Book-crush-a-thon?? Here's the link:
http://community.livejournal.com/book...
But you have to be a member of livejournal.com

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments See I think Robery Downey Jr is too young and too good looking to be Haymitch, and when I think of Hugh Laurie I think of Prince of Wales character in Blackadder, which would ruin Haymitch's effect, I couldn't even watch him in House!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

prince of wales??? i didn't watch - actually, i've never heard of - black adder. lol. but i love robert downey jr!! it would be great for him to play haymitch but i just can't see it happening. hugh laurie is actually better for abernathy than robert downey jr.

message 49: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophie714) | 126 comments Suzanne wrote: "I imagine Haymitch more like Bill Bailey!

"

hahaha!! Totally agree!! Love Bill Bailey and he's wacky enough to pull it off! hehe

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

who's bill bailey??

« previous 1 3