Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

J.A. Jance Author Profile

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liam (new)

Liam (dimestoreliam) | 13 comments I really screwed this one up, ladies and gentlemen; apparently I combined the profiles backwards. My apologies to whoever put so much work into this profile- I'm in the process of fixing it and will have it as good as new soon.

message 2: by Liam (new)

Liam (dimestoreliam) | 13 comments I have all the books properly combined now, and the author information & picture should be back up in a day or two.

message 3: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13259 comments And the policy is no space between initials - so you can close that up after you update his profile. (I've done that before too - and fixing it is a booger :-)

message 4: by Liam (new)

Liam (dimestoreliam) | 13 comments Melody wrote: "And the policy is no space between initials - so you can close that up after you update his profile. (I've done that before too - and fixing it is a booger :-)"

Melody wrote: "And the policy is no space between initials - so you can close that up after you update his profile. (I've done that before too - and fixing it is a booger :-)"

Noted. However, I have to say that it strikes me as odd; after all, when first and middle names are not abbreviated, they would obviously have spaces between them. According to the AP Stylebook, the format was used "[...]to assure that in typesetting the initials are set on the same line.", and I shouldn't think we would run into that sort of problem here. In any case, I will of course comply, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

message 5: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13259 comments Liam thought you might want to see our discussion of this. I was in your camp too. But .... http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 6: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (geniusscientist) | 72 comments Melody wrote: "Liam thought you might want to see our discussion of this. I was in your camp too. But .... http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1..."

Ha, the first message (from 2008) has Rivka talking about the "much-awaited AKA function."

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43517 comments Mod
It's like Godot. ;)