Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > What's in TC kitchen's refrigerator?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, assume like, at many offices, TC has a refrigerator in a nondescript lounge. We all put our lunches and whatever in there. What's in the refrigerator? What are the kitchen rules?

I've got diet cokes in the door. You touch them, you die.

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments I'd have a big tub of plain yogurt in there all the time, but I wouldn't always finish it before it would go bad. Most days I'd have either a salad or leftover soup/stew for lunch.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments hot sauce

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Ok, assume like, at many offices, TC has a refrigerator in a nondescript lounge. We all put our lunches and whatever in there. What's in the refrigerator? What are the kitchen rules?

I've got..."

I took one of your diet cokes... THAT's for many years of you touching my drink. :)

message 5: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7087 comments You can have the diet coke. Just don't bother my homemade iced tea with fresh mint.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (last edited Sep 03, 2010 06:08AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You are so dead, Charton. I'm going to fart on your chair.

(Your iced tea is safe with me, Cynthia...)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

A bottle of hot sauce, some yogurt and green tea.

It needs to be cleaned out/checked once a month.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments NO SALMON PATTIES!!

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Jim "In dreams we enter a world entirely our own" wrote: "A bottle of hot sauce, some yogurt and green tea.

It needs to be cleaned out/checked once a month."

I think Jim just volunteered to clean the fridge! Yay Jim!

message 10: by Heidi (last edited Sep 03, 2010 06:41AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "You are so dead, Charton. I'm going to fart on your chair.

(Your iced tea is safe with me, Cynthia...)"

Just for that, I might have to swipe another.

message 11: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i'll bring in a jar of peanut butter too, my beloved sprinkles and good ripe cheese.

message 12: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) fruit, grilled chicken, coke zero, and for my sweet tooth a box of "forget the peanuts Drumsticks"

message 13: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Why do people put peanut butter in the fridge?

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) But ....

message 15: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Barb wrote: "Also, I would imagine that it might keep it from separating and getting that oily muck in really warm weather. Maybe. I don't know, I keep mine in the pantry."

mine never has oily muck. mine is perfect.

i don't keep my peanut butter in the fridge, but i don't think there's a TC pantry, or a TC desk drawer.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I want banana's but they don't go in the fridge.

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Label your food, people. And preferably date it. With this many people using the fridge we're going to end up with some serious science experiments.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that is why I will be cleaning it monthly.

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) In my building they empty it every Friday. I think it's a good policy.

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I just threw out some whole wheat English muffins - they had to be 4 months old. Oddly enough, they didn't have anything growing on them. I'm curious to know how THAT happened.

message 21: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Barb wrote: "Oh there was probably mold there ... it was just snuggled into the little holes, ready to surprise anyone who dared to try to eat one."

They didn't smell bad, either.

message 22: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) That would serve as excellent duck/goose/swan food for when we walk in the park.

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm mad because my jam went moldy and I only bought it a couple of weeks ago. I bought it from the nice lady at the farmer's market who makes her own jam. I know fresh things go bad faster, but it wasn't a large jar and I can only eat so much. :(
Is it because I got the "just fruit" kind with no sugar added? Does the sugar help preserve it?

message 24: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i once had a lovely 7-up fern growing in my room when i was in high school

message 25: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Curry chicken salad, club crackers, green tea with mint and honey, Folders simply smooth coffee, and french vanilla coffee creamer.

Uh kevin...what's a 7 up fern?

message 26: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments a glass of 7-up you leave under your bed and it develops into a mold and then into a fern-like growth

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I think "what was the grossest mold you ever saw" might make a great thread.

message 28: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7087 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "I'm mad because my jam went moldy and I only bought it a couple of weeks ago. I bought it from the nice lady at the farmer's market who makes her own jam. I know fresh things go bad faster, but it ..."
Yes I do believe sugar's a preservative. and Pectin. And you know, preservatives. Which I'm pretty sure those farmer's market ladies avoid.

I was mad when I stood around the kitchen chopping stuff for salsa once, and 3 days later the jars in the fridge were moldy. Screw it, now I just buy it at the store.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments The yogurt I didn't get around to eating today with my lunch after all, and some of that boxed soup.

The butternut squash kind from Trader Joe's is pretty good, especially if you add some cinnamon and cloves, and a little of Barb's cream.

message 30: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I sure wish we had a Trader Joe's here.

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments In the fridge, or TC, or where you are?

message 32: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Uh ... where I am.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Oh, hey, look! Diet Coke! :)

message 34: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i'm putting a big bag of peanut M&M's in the freezer. feel free...

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments :::adds a six-pack of pear cider for sharing later in the evening, grabs a handful of peanut M&Ms from the freezer:::

Thanks, Kevin!

message 36: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments I wonder if fizzy skittles will activate after freezing? I'm going to try it! TC and RW

message 37: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11628 comments I put in a catfood sandwich, cleverly disguised as tuna.

::waits for someone to steal sandwich::

message 38: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) GAWK GAWK PtOOOOOOOeee.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

::Pats Larry on the back::

Are you okay there?

message 40: by Phil (last edited Sep 03, 2010 04:52PM) (new)

Phil | 11628 comments Hehehe. Got one!

Now to plant the brownies made with Ex-Lax......

::begins baking::

message 41: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) if you do that once, people seem to leave your food alone in the future. If you add other ingredients to the brownies, they will come back for more. :)

message 42: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24154 comments Mod
Nondairy creamer. I'll probably drink a couple of RA's diet cokes and blame it on the cleaning staff.

Although, don't do this in real life, at least if you work on Wall Street...a friend of mine was temping there many years ago and drank one of the executives' bottles of Evian. He asked her if she'd taken it and she said no but they had her on hidden camera...

message 43: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments writes "RA" all over his diet cokes with permanent marker

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmmm. Just had a quick look in the fridge. Darn, no diet coke left.

message 45: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i'll have some diet cokes by this fancy new 'RA' brand.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh really is that what they were? I didn't recognise them with the new label. I'll have one too.

message 47: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Gail "cyborg" wrote: "Hmmmm. Just had a quick look in the fridge. Darn, no diet coke left."

Hee hee!!!

La la la...

message 48: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24154 comments Mod
RandomAnthony wrote: "writes "RA" all over his diet cokes with permanent marker"

The cleaning staff has no idea what this means.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Diet drinks? Ewwww.

message 50: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sam Adams Octoberfest.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.