Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > The Nightmare Before Christmas vs. Corpse Bride

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 76 comments Which one do you think was better: The Nightmare Before Christmas or Corpse Bride?

I enjoyed both movies, but I loved The Nightmare Before Christmas way better because I really loved Jack Skellington and the story was much more interesting and emotional than Corpse Bride.

message 2: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Corpse bride kind of annoyed me, so I'll say Nightmare.

message 3: by Kaila (new)

Kaila (kailak) hmm.. thats a toughy for me.. i love both movies.. but im a burton fan lol..umm.. probably nightmare because its been around longer but i do love both :)

message 4: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 76 comments Mairead wrote: "Corpse bride kind of annoyed me, so I'll say Nightmare."

I was just wondering what annoyed you the most in Corpse Bride? :)

message 5: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments I don't know, at times it seemed rushed, and other times I felt like my head was spinning as I watched it. It just wasn't what I was expecting I guess. After hearing how incredible it was I felt....underwhelmed.

message 6: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 76 comments Mairead wrote: "I don't know, at times it seemed rushed, and other times I felt like my head was spinning as I watched it. It just wasn't what I was expecting I guess. After hearing how incredible it was I felt......"

I felt the same way too about Corpse Bride. I thought that the story seemed a bit too rushed and I couldn't quite follow what was going on in the movie. At least, with The Nightmare Before Christmas, the story moved smoothly enough for me to follow.

message 7: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Yeah, I get you.

message 8: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 76 comments Mairead wrote: "Yeah, I get you."

:)

message 9: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Lyons (BrennaLyons) | 177 comments Nightmare before Christmas without a doubt.

B

message 10: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 219 comments TNBC, definitely. One of my favorite movies ever.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) The Nightmare Before Christmas is a fav of mine. I love it so much that I have the soundtrack on my iPod and I even have different versions of the main songs. (For example: This is Halloween by Marilyn Mason and Sally's Song by Amy Lee)

I love Jack!

message 12: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 76 comments Jessa ♥§♥metalgirl80♥§♥ wrote: "The Nightmare Before Christmas is a fav of mine. I love it so much that I have the soundtrack on my iPod and I even have different versions of the main songs. (For example: This is Halloween by M..."

I loved the Amy Lee version of Sally's Song! I actually heard of the remix cd of The Nightmare Before Christmas and I loved Sally's Song the best!!!

message 13: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Lyons (BrennaLyons) | 177 comments LOL! My older daughter's ringtone on my phone is a snip from Sally's song of woe.

Brenna

message 14: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 76 comments Brenna wrote: "LOL! My older daughter's ringtone on my phone is a snip from Sally's song of woe.

Brenna"

That's awesome Brenna!! I always wanted to have that song somewhere on my ringtone too!

message 15: by ~Vixhen~ (new)

~Vixhen~ (vixhen) | 24 comments I would have to say The Nightmare Before Christmas, but I love all of Tim's stuff. He's such an oddball, just like me :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

By a very thin margin, I prefer Corpse Bride, the songs, the story and Johnny Depp.

message 17: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 76 comments Chichimo aka ~ "Vixhen" ~ wrote: "I would have to say The Nightmare Before Christmas, but I love all of Tim's stuff. He's such an oddball, just like me :)"

Yeah! I loved the way that Tim Burton makes movies that no one else can make like Edward Scissorhands and Beetlejuice and I love the way that most of his movies are dark comedy rather than follow what the main movie marketers would do.

message 18: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments Nightmare Before Christmas scared me as a kid, seriously! (I was 6 when I first saw it) But I always liked it. I saw a little bit of Corpse Bride, and turned it off, I wasn't interested in finishing it. Don't know why.

message 19: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Lyons (BrennaLyons) | 177 comments Ouch... I know how old I was when Nightmare came out. Makes me feel old now.

message 20: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 76 comments Yvette wrote: "Nightmare Before Christmas scared me as a kid, seriously! (I was 6 when I first saw it) But I always liked it. I saw a little bit of Corpse Bride, and turned it off, I wasn't interested in finishin..."

Yeah!! I remembered I used to be scared of The Nightmare Before Christmas too!! I was 5 years old when it came out and I couldn't watch that movie because the characters looked so creepy!! I didn't watch this movie until I was in high school and I ended up loving it ever since!

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) "Nightmare Before Christmas" is great! I love Jack's voice. :)