What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Group of kids share a birthday. When they get older, they develop powers.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian | 1 comments My 6th grade teacher used to read this book to us in class back in 1989. It is about a group of kids who all share a birthday. When they start getting older (I dfon't remember if it was puberty or turning into adults) they began to develop powers like see in colors and they slowly begin to morph into aliens/reptiles. A boy in the group eventually gains control of his powers and switches everyone back to regular human kids using his mind powers. Anyone know the name or author of this children's book? It isn't Stephen King lol

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides (upsight) | 289 comments This sounds an awful lot like A cage of butterflies. Sadly, the date is wrong, but you might want to look into it just in case.

Other possibilities, probably even less likely:

The Magic Meadow
Hidden Talents

You might also want to look at this thread for other possibilities.

Good luck!

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Ok Nikki--I know its not The Magic Meadow since nothing in it is even close.

But the books sounds interesting Brian.

Also--just a suggestion, but if you change your topic to something that describes what you are looking for you might get more people looking.

Also, could it possibly be a vaguely remembered The Midwich Cuckoos?

message 4: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 108 comments I thought of The Midwich Cuckoos too.

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 179 comments Reminds me of The Girl with the Silver Eyes but the kids aren't shape-shifters.

The Girl with the Silver Eyes by Willo Davis Roberts

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (cathiasplace) | 5 comments Deborah wrote: "Reminds me of The Girl with the Silver Eyes but the kids aren't shape-shifters.

The Girl with the Silver Eyes by Willo Davis Roberts"

Oooo, I've been thinking of this book lately, but couldn't remember what it was called. Thanks! :)

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma (mnium) | 27 comments I'm not familiar with Brian's book, but thanks for reminding me too of The girl with the silver eyes!

Remembering that book reminded me of another book where a man with a shop, some kind of magic shop, gives kids a hand stamp that drains the life out of them. I'll have to start a thread for that now. Will this never end?! :D

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma (mnium) | 27 comments Emma wrote: "I'm not familiar with Brian's book, but thanks for reminding me too of The girl with the silver eyes!

Remembering that book reminded me of another book where a man with a shop, some ..."

The book I was thinking of is The Changeover by Margaret Mahy. Carmody Braque stamps his own image onto Laura's little brother Jacko's hand and starts draining his life away.

message 9: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) The Giver!!!!!

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39882 comments Mod
Brian, does anything posted from message 2 on sound like your book?

message 11: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Looks like this was the OP's only activity in GR. I've sent him a PM. If he doesn't reply, the next Mod to read this can move it down to Abandoned I think.