Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Buddy Reads) > Breeds by Lora Leigh

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Angelique (last edited Sep 02, 2010 04:44PM) (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments I started this series several months ago, and I'm already half finished. I'm really enjoying but I'd love to have others to disscuss it with. SO feel free to join in.

Series: Breeds
Author: Lora Leigh
Duration: 16 months (September 1, 2010 - December 31, 2011)
Books available (on-going): 23
Reading order:
Tempting the Beast
The Man Within
Elizabeth's Wolf
Kiss of Heat
Soul Deep
The Breed Next Door (Hot Spell)
Megan's Mark
Harmony's Way (Breeds, #8)
Tanner's Scheme
Wolfe's Hope (Primal Heat)
Jacob's Faith
Aiden's Charity
In a Wolf's Embrace (Beyond the Dark)
Dawn's Awakening
A Jaguar's Kiss (Shifter)
Mercury's War
Christmas Heat (The Magical Christmas Cat)
Coyote's Mate
Bengal's Heart
A Christmas Kiss (Hot for the Holidays)
Lion's Heat
Styx's Storm
Navarro's Promise

message 2: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Angelique, this sounds like fun! I would definitely love to join in the discussions! I've read them all except for Styx's Storm due out in October and Navarros Promise. I may be up for re-reads for a few of them.

message 3: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments Thanks Gigi! Wow buddy you're way ahead of me. I've only read twelve of them, but I just order half a dozen more and I plan to get to those some time this month.

So which has been your favorite so far? And which characters are you most looking forward to in the future?

message 4: by Gigi (last edited Sep 03, 2010 05:19PM) (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments My addiction to the breed series is pretty bad. My favorites are Elizabeth's Wolf, Tanner's Scheme, Mercury's War and Aiden's Charity. I'm dying to read Cassie's story, Dane's story and I'm also dying to see what will happen to Law and Rule. LOL And my curiosity about Law and Rule stems from the fact that they're dead set against becoming mating heat victims. LOL What about you so far?

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments This is cool Angelique. I've read most of them but there are a few that I haven't read. Maybe I'll jump back in again.

message 6: by Ro (new)

Ro (rooc) | 50 comments I loved Mercury's War, but will admit, my favorites are the ones in the anthologies - particularly the Breed Next Door and In a Wolfe's Embrace. Mercury and Matthias tie as the sexiest breeds ever, but Christmas Heat, with Noble? So wonderful.
At the risk of making waves, I have to say that I hated Coyote's Mate. Del-Ray, in my opinion, was such a jerk.

message 7: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Lucy, you're not making waves. Coyotes Mate wasn't a fav of mine either, neither was Bengals Heart. Cabal had such potential in Tanners Scheme....not sure what happened there.

message 8: by Ro (new)

Ro (rooc) | 50 comments I didn't even read Bengal's Heart, because I had heard it wasn't good. Tanner's Scheme wasn't a favorite of mine either, although I liked it. Jaguar's Kiss? Loved it. Must be the short versions for me, and usually I don't like anthologies.

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 324 comments This Awesome!!
I am about to start on these ones :)
I do really love Lora Leigh Books..
I have only read Dawn's Awakening And i loved this one :)

message 10: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments LOL! I'm the other way around. I thought most of the anthologies were ok and preferred the books. Was Jaguars kiss, the one with Mordecai? I don't remember most of them. Loved the breed next door though.

message 11: by Ro (new)

Ro (rooc) | 50 comments I know, it's odd, I'm usually not for the anthologies. These just got me! Jaguars Kiss is the one with Saban, with the cajun accent. Another oh so sexy Breed.

message 12: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Oh right! I remember that one now...its funny how you mention cajun accent and my memory improves. LOL

message 13: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments Welcome everyone! I'm glad to see so many interested in joining. I'm a fan of all things nora, but so far the Breeds series has been my favorite. I see that a lot of you have already read a good number of the books, and as far as I'm concerned you can check those off as completed.

Like most of you I really didn't like Coyote's mate, and Bengal's Heart wasn't all that great either. But other than those i've really loved the others. My favorite so far was probabaly Lions heat. I've just always had a thing for Jonas.

As for the Breeds I'm looking forward to, I'm with you Gigi. I'm dying to hear about Dane and Cassie. I kinda think Dog and Cassie will end up mated.

message 14: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i read Harmony's Way (Breeds, #8) and then got distracted (soo many books, so little time) - so i might join in

message 15: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments Well we'll be happy to have you!

message 16: by Samantha (last edited Sep 04, 2010 11:26AM) (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I read most of the last few. I have to go read the 1st ones. I've read Tempting the Beast but I need to get back to the group. I agree Bengal's Heart was sooo disappointing. I didn't like it.

I loved Mercury's War, Tanner's Scheme, Dawn's Awakening and Lion's Heat. I forgot to say that my favorite was Elizabeth's Wolf

message 17: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments I loved Mercury's war as well. I was so gald not to be disappointed by that one. And I can't wait to read Elizabeth's Wolf now, everyone seems to have loved that one.

message 18: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments I loved Elizabeth's Wolf- definitely my favorite. I also really liked Mercury's War and Dawn's Awakening. Harmony's Way was just ok, as was Soul Deep. I have Tanner's Scheme on tap for this month. I usually read a series in order, but for some reason that didn't happen with this one!

message 19: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments I'm the same way. Normally I have to read a series in order, but I think this series was written to give a little freedom there. Not to mention the first couple stories are a little harder to come by, becasue most library systems don't carry them, and unless you enjoy ebooks, you'll be paying a heavy price for the printed copies.

message 20: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments I just finished up Megan's Mark, and I really enjoyed that one. I can't say there was anything really spectacular about it, but it was a good addition to the Breed series.

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 324 comments Holey dhit i have been distracted i havent got tho them yet!! i kinda started..

message 22: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Fran wrote: "I loved Elizabeth's Wolf- definitely my favorite. I also really liked Mercury's War and Dawn's Awakening. Harmony's Way was just ok, as was Soul Deep. I have Tanner's Scheme on tap for this month. ..."

Fran, I didn't read this one in order either. I have some of the earlier ones to read still. For some reason, it did not take away from the series.

message 23: by Karen ~ Divhine (new)

Karen ~ Divhine (karenjs) I am also a fan of the breed series. I have read them all. Some are favorites and some are so so, but I still read each one as they are released.

PS - loved Sabin too.

message 24: by Gigi (last edited Sep 13, 2010 10:01AM) (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments I actually started the series out of order and didn't like the book I read. Someone suggested I read them in order and I wound up enjoying that book a little more after rereading it in order. So, it varies for everyone.

Karen, me too. I liked some more than others, but read them all and look forward to reading future books. Angelique, I agree with you Megan's Mark was ok, I didn't hate it and I didn't love it.

message 25: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments Yeah, it was just too bland. I have high hopes for Elizabeth's Wolf, it's next on my list.

message 26: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I didn't like Megan's Mark.

message 27: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments any particular reason?

message 28: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments It didn't hold my interest.

message 29: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Angelique wrote: "Yeah, it was just too bland. I have high hopes for Elizabeth's Wolf, it's next on my list."

Oh my gosh!! I think that one is my fav or at least very high on my list of 3 or 4 favs. I can't wait to hear what you think.

Samantha, I agree it wasn't as exciting as the others. I think that was my problem with it as well.

message 30: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments Everything says that, so I'm really excited to start it! And I'm dying to learn more about Cassie.

message 31: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i started with Megan's Mark - not realizing that it wasn't the first and didn't enjoy it as much...but then went back and read all the one's from EC, and then re-read Megan's Mark and understood it a bit more and enjoyed it - but its still not my favorite

message 32: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Delicious Dee the book slut wrote: "i started with Megan's Mark - not realizing that it wasn't the first and didn't enjoy it as much...but then went back and read all the one's from EC, and then re-read Megan's Mark and understood it..."

OMG! Thats too funny because it was either Megans Mark or Harmonys way for me. I'm thinking it was Harmony's way, but don't quote me. And I did the exact same thing.

Angelique wrote: "Everything says that, so I'm really excited to start it! And I'm dying to learn more about Cassie."

Cassie is a really cool character! I really like her. And I love Dash! He's one of my favorite breeds. I may need to do an Elizabeths Wolf reread.

message 33: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments Sounds like a plan to me. You'll think I'm werid, but I think books are better the second time you read them anyway.

message 34: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments on the bright side, I realized that I can use the next books in the series I haven't read for a challenge in another group (read books 9, 10, 11 in a series)...

message 35: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments That's great news! I'm always glad when challenges work that way.

message 36: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments yeppers!! according to my Kindle i've read Tanner's Scheme...but I don't remember...i'm wondering if my mom downloaded them and read them on her's...but I have that ones, wolf's hope and Jacob's Faith next in line

message 37: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I haven't read Wolf's Hope or Jacob's Faith yet.

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 324 comments i am up to Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3) by Lora Leigh

message 39: by Angelique (last edited Sep 16, 2010 01:00PM) (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments I haven't read those yet either, Samantha, but I've purchased them and plan to get to them soon. As far as my list goes...

Tempting the Beast
The Man Within

Elizabeth's Wolf
Kiss of Heat
Soul Deep
The Breed Next Door
Megan's Mark
Harmony's Way (Breeds, #8)
Tanner's Scheme

Wolfe's Hope
Jacob's Faith
Aiden's Charity
In a Wolf's Embrace
Dawn's Awakening
A Jaguar's Kiss
Mercury's War

Christmas Heat
Coyote's Mate
Bengal's Heart

A Christmas Kiss
Lion's Heat
Styx's Storm
Navarro's Promise

I completed A Jaguar's Kiss today, and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't one of my favorites. However, I did really love how Saban took to the mating. He never once doubted it, and that was completely sexy.

message 40: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments I just finished Elizabeth's Wolf and it was amazing! I think it was my absolute favorite so far.

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 324 comments Angelique wrote: "I just finished Elizabeth's Wolf and it was amazing! I think it was my absolute favorite so far."

Really omg i am going to start this one this week, i have been puting it off, cos i thought i might not like it but so many ppl have said they love it!!

message 42: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Angelique wrote: "I just finished Elizabeth's Wolf and it was amazing! I think it was my absolute favorite so far."

I'm so glad that you liked it. It was my favorite :)

message 43: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Delicious Dee the book slut wrote: "yeppers!! according to my Kindle i've read Tanner's Scheme...but I don't remember...i'm wondering if my mom downloaded them and read them on her's...but I have that ones, wolf's hope and Jacob's Fa..."

Did you read Tanners Scheme, was your Kindle correct? It was a pretty good one as well.

Angelique wrote: "I just finished Elizabeth's Wolf and it was amazing! I think it was my absolute favorite so far."

OH GOOD! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It is definitely number 1 for me on my list of breed favs. I love Dash!

message 44: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments nope, but i'm reading it now...i think my mom might have read it...since her kindle is on my account

message 45: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 182 comments Don't worry Ang, you'll love it. I'm reading soul Deep now, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Amanda sorta pisses me off.

message 46: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Delicious Dee the book slut wrote: "nope, but i'm reading it now...i think my mom might have read it...since her kindle is on my account"

Ok good. I think, for me, Tanners Scheme may come in seoond as a fav of mine. Although, there are mixed reviews about it--some like it some dont.

message 47: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I haven't read that one,Angelique. Ang, I am sure you will like it once you have read it. Tanner's Scheme was good in my opinion.

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 324 comments I am reading Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3) by Lora Leigh I am LOVING IT!! i am about 69% it is getting so so good!!

message 49: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Glad you're loving it!!!!

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 324 comments Done i finished it wow!! I caouldnt belive the end!!
Cassi knows what she is!! god i love her!!

« previous 1 3