Science Fiction Book Club discussion

Mortal Engines (The Hungry City Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Mortal Engines
Monthly Group Books > Mortal Engines

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tobias Taylor (tobstaylor) | 177 comments Mod
Review will be up soon but don't hesitate to put your own review up.

Laura (lorseng) | 17 comments I started this book but then had to put it aside because I found it too much of a kids book. Not a fault of the book just because I wasn't in the mood for it at the time.

I did come back to it though and thought it was a good story. I have to say that I was surprised by the number of people who died in it. I don't consider this a bad thing, just not what I was expecting.

The other books in the series are potential reads, but aren't on my must reads list.

I haven't finished the book yet but I must say I was surprised by the story. It being completely different to what I was expecting. Saying that though I'm not sure what I was expecting.

I felt this book got better the further it got on. Also, the author wasn't afraid of killing off people or letting them die. Which by the way I respect. It was a completely original story which I found refreshing. I found the book different from how I expected it. Overall I think the book is worth reading if not being a must-read classic.

Laura (lorseng) | 17 comments I agree.