Christian Speculative Fiction discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Thomson (rachelstarrthomson) | 5 comments Welcome, fellow fans of one of the least appreciated genres on earth! There are some fantastic Christian writers in the field of speculative fiction today, and most of them are underappreciated. I'm starting this group to help them gain more exposure.

message 2: by Caity (new)

Caity (adivineeternity) Awesome idea for a group! There are some really great books in this genre out there. You should add the rest of Karen Hancock's books to the bookshelves (Arena and the books in her fantasy quartet I cannot currently remember the name of).

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Thomson (rachelstarrthomson) | 5 comments I was trying to only add books I've actually read, and I've not had a chance to read her others yet--but I'll go on your recommendation! Thanks for jumping in :).

message 4: by Caity (new)

Caity (adivineeternity) I've read Arena and I personally really enjoyed it. I've heard the qaurtet (it involves dragons) is even better.

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Thomson (rachelstarrthomson) | 5 comments I added them :). Thanks!

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason Tesar | 3 comments Hi all,

My name is Jason Tesar. Growing up, I read Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness and Piercing The Darkness, and Madeleine L'engle's A Wrinkle in Time. The only Christian fiction I've read recently--and this was a few years ago--is Peretti's Monster. What are your favorites?

I also just published a Christian fantasy/sci-fi novel at the end of last year.
The Awakened A Wandering Stars Novel by Jason Tesar
The Awakened: A Wandering Stars Novel
If you're interested in reading some sample chapters, I've been posting one-a-day on my blog and will continue for the next few days.

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Thomson (rachelstarrthomson) | 5 comments Welcome! Glad you're here :).

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

The genre of Christian speculative fiction is growing. Jeff Gerke went rouge at March Lord Press.

I threw my hat into the ring in 2010 being a YA allegorical fantasy series at my daughter's request. Book 3 & 4 are due out this year - April & August.

I also spend a good deal of time discussing writing on other forums on GoodReads and my blog.

http://allonbooks-thekingdomofallon.b...

Allon Book 1 by Shawn Lamb
Allon ~ Book 2 ~ Insurrection by Shawn Lamb

Stop by the family friendly website.

http://www.allonbooks.com

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Some Christian spec fic / sci fi writers I've enjoyed the past decade or so... Randall Ingermanson, John B olsen, Eric Wilson and Austin Boyd

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

This group is slow to move.

Allon Book 2 - Insurrection is now on Kindle

http://bit.ly/dRpXFJ

Allon Book 3 - Heir Apparent is now on GOODREADS giveawy.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 12 comments I just finished Kathy Tyers Shivering World. I really enjoyed her The Firebird Trilogy. I also enjoyed all of the Star Wars books she wrote, but they hardly qualify as Christian Speculative Fiction. ;)

message 12: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Todoroff Glad this group is here. Thanks.

message 13: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Todoroff And yes, I did write a book: Running Black

Fair warning: being an espionage thriller, it does have violence and profanity, as well as favorable mentions of Christians and Christianity.

message 14: by Kev (new)

Kev (sporadicreviews) | 14 comments I read Kathy Tyers' Firebird trilogy too. It was good.