7 Wild Ride Jennifer Crusie/Bob Mayer
6 Death on the D-List Nancy Grace
6 Shattered Joan Johnston
4 About That Man Sherryl Woods
6 Kiss of Death Rachel Caine
6 Crush on You Christie Ridgway
5 Morning Comes Softly Debbie Macomber

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Good month!! I do love the Morganville Vampires!

Donna in Southern Maryland (cedarville922) | 120 comments I noticed you've been reading Tess Gerritsen. Now that we've been watching Rizzoli & Isles, I'll have to start this series too. :o)

I decided to read Nancy Grace's The Eleventh Victim before I picked up her new one. The MC voice sounds just like Nancy's! LOL

Donna in SOuthern Maryland

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Donna said: I decided to read Nancy Grace's The Eleventh Victim before I picked up her new one. The MC voice sounds just like Nancy's!

Is that good or bad?

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Cheryl wrote: "Donna said: I decided to read Nancy Grace's The Eleventh Victim before I picked up her new one. The MC voice sounds just like Nancy's!

Is that good or bad?"

For me it would be bad! Her voice grates on me like fingernails on a chalkboard!

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Melodie said: For me it would be bad! Her voice grates on me like fingernails on a chalkboard!

Her entire personality grates on me, but I have to admit I picked up the PB of The Eleventh Victim. I haven't read it yet, but it is in the TBR pile.

message 7: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Cheryl wrote: "Melodie said: For me it would be bad! Her voice grates on me like fingernails on a chalkboard!

Her entire personality grates on me, but I have to admit I picked up the PB of The Eleventh Victim...."

Well, that, too!! She is quite off-putting!

message 8: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments I Am The Messenger sounds interesting.

Count me in as not liking Nancy Grace - voice or personality.

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14620 comments Merrilee:
Good month! Just curious since you didn't finish it, have you read the other two Tana French books? I have Faithful Place in my TBR pile and loved both In the Woods and The Likeness.

Merrilee in AZ wrote: "DNF Faithful Place Tana French."

message 10: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments Merrilee:
Good month! Just curious since you didn't finish it, have you read the other two Tana French books? I have Faithful Place in my TBR pile and loved both In the Woods and The Likeness

I haven't read the other two books. I've heard here that so many really enjoy her books, I'll try one of the others at some point

message 11: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments I enjoyed the Nancy Grace book. I thought the cop was a little to dumb to actually be a cop lol

Donna in Southern Maryland (cedarville922) | 120 comments RE: Nancy Grace; I have mixed feelings about her. I think she started out pretty well, especially on Court TV. But in her current show, she beats the proverbial dead horse until it is pulp. She can spend a full hour repeating the same 3 minute report. With the large number of missing women and children in this country, her producers could highlight at least 4 or 5 per night.

She will focus on the Caycee Anthony Case, or Haileigh Cummings over and over, when there are no new developments. So I can't watch a whole hour. I will check out the first five minutes of a program if I'm interested in a case, then move on.

Now, having said all that, you can't take away the fact that she is a tireless advocate for crime victims.

I do think she did a much better job with The Eleventh Victim than I thought she would. I'll order the next one, too.

Donna in Southern Maryland

message 13: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 180 comments Merrilee in AZ wrote: "DNF Faithful Place Tana French
..."

I really love all of her books!

message 14: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14620 comments Cathy:
Me too! I am contemplating Faithful Place for my next audio book. I am really looking forward to it!

Cathy (Catsluvbooks) wrote: "Faithful Place Tana French...I really love all of her books!"

message 15: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3593 comments I'm looking forward to eading IN the woods as my next book when I finish the Monroe book I'm reading. Figured I don't need two trade size books going at the same time. or even 2 books.
I'm thinking next week so I can take it to the shore with me to read. I'm in such withdrawal not going to the shore for 2 weeks. But when I finally got the first saturday will be a fall festival and a Italian festival (the second one is in a Irish town figure that but we went last year and it was still good. That was when there was a monkey and he was sitting sitting on people shoulders and I wished I had my camera which I didn't. Will remember this time just hope he's there again. I want a picture with him)The second saturday is Making Strides breast walk and I told my sister we don't have to do the whole thing if she's not up to it with her knee. But we need to do some of it. Hopefully nothing will come up that we can't do it.