BFYA Salem discussion

Quotable quotes

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacer3000, Xepher Lord (new)

Jacer3000 | 124 comments Mod
This is the topic where you post all of your favorite quotes. Preferably quotable quotes.

I'll start off with one a college made up in my honor.

"I cut out my shapes too fast, so the doctors said I had ADHD."

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie | 41 comments "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to say you are, you aren't."

message 3: by Jacer3000, Xepher Lord (new)

AMEN.

message 4: by Jacer3000, Xepher Lord (new)

"Muhaha"

Agent Shaw, "Chuck".

message 5: by Poesy (new)

Poesy (poesymadigan) Because we've all read books to which this could apply:

"This wasn't just plain terrible, this was fancy terrible. This was terrible with raisins in it." - Dorothy Parker

It's not my favorite quote of all time, but it is my favorite quote for 10:09pm tonight.

message 6: by Jacer3000, Xepher Lord (new)

Haaaaaa... That's great.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"~Music is nothing yet unique in every possible way."
Lucy-chan

message 8: by Jacer3000, Xepher Lord (new)

Meh-cakes.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

what are meh-cakes? and if ur dissing my quotes :P you!!

message 10: by Jacer3000, Xepher Lord (new)

What is that? Tongue you? I'm really not sure if that one is gonna catch on.

Not like "Pwned!" I made that up.

message 11: by Stevie (new)

Stevie Oberg (sgtoctopus) For some reason, I find this quote hilarious especially the first time I read it.

"My own sex, I hope, will excuse me, if I treat them like rational creatures, instead of flattering their fascinating graces, and viewing them as if they were in a state of perpetual childhood, unable to stand alone."
— Mary Wollstonecraft

Then, of course, I have to quote John Green:

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."
— John Green

"Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back."
— John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

"Lucky Charms are like the vampires of breakfast cereal. They're magical, they're delicious, they're a little bit dangerous and bad for you. They initially make you feel great, but then over time you realize that maybe your relationship with Lucky Charms is just a little bit unhealthy and you start to think, 'Maybe I don't want to be in a long-term relationship with a breakfast cereal that tastes delicious but damages my health.' But then the Lucky Charms gets all stalker on you and for some reason you kind of like that. It makes you feel special. So yeah, you spend your life with Lucky Charms. That's awesome. That's a great way to... get diabetes."
— John Green

message 12: by Jacer3000, Xepher Lord (last edited Sep 17, 2010 07:17PM) (new)

Wow, I didn't know John Green rocked so hard. XD

message 13: by Katie (last edited Sep 21, 2010 02:27PM) (new)

Katie | 41 comments Jacer3000 wrote: "What is that? Tongue you? I'm really not sure if that one is gonna catch on.

Not like "Pwned!" I made that up."

Jacob. You DID NOT make up Pwned.

If you keep making such claims, I will be forced to pwn you in the name of nerds everywhere.

message 14: by Jacer3000, Xepher Lord (new)

Yeah, well how do you know? Does anyone really KNOW where it came from? There are so many claims that it would be extremely difficult to determine the truth of the statement.

message 15: by Jacer3000, Xepher Lord (new)

I also made up "Dude" and the entire Metric system.
And don't forget London! ;)

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie | 41 comments Because you, sir, did not create leetspeak.

message 17: by Jacer3000, Xepher Lord (new)

Says who? *Insert previous monologue here*

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie | 41 comments Says players of online games everywhere. Especially the Counter Strike people.

message 19: by Jacer3000, Xepher Lord (new)

I've seen people play Counter Strike, does that count?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

sigh no it's :P u, it's ewwwwwwww uuuu!!!!