Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

IV. Book Videos/Trailers > Piano Lessons: a memoir

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 3 comments If you visit the page for my book Piano Lessons Piano Lessons by Anna Goldsworthy you can see some videos of me performing Chopin's Nocturne Op 27 No 2

message 2: by John (new)

John | 5 comments Hello, Anna,

I spent a few years in Geelong as a kid, and am interested in any book that has classical music as a strong theme. I'm an amateur clavichordist as well as a novelist, and a couple of (very quiet) recordings of my clavichord are on my blog: http://www.jplathrop.net/music-spirit...

Seriously, I'd like to congratulate you on writing and finding major publishers for a book about the discovery and meaning of classical music.

message 3: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeanne_voelker) | 42 comments John wrote: Seriously, I'd like to congratulate you on writing and finding major publishers for a book about the discovery and meaning of classical music.

I agree. Music is a life-long pursuit for professional performers and a source of joy and solace for listeners and amateur players. There is far too little written and published about the paths to appreciation, much less the journeys taken in becoming a performing artist.