Tania Zaverta Chance Q&A discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tania (new)

Tania (tantan) | 15 comments Mod
Welcome everyone to the discussion, please introduce yourself to the group.

Mindy/fangedmom | 3 comments Hi Tania. I am Mindy aka fangedmom. Thank you for inviting me.

message 3: by Tania (new)

Thanks for joining Mindy! You're the first, official member post- that (amongst many other things) makes you special, so happy to have you here...
~ Tania

message 4: by Christin (new)

Christin (Portrait of a Book) (eclipsedmoon22) | 1 comments Hi Tania! I'm Christin, aka EclipsedMoon. Thank you for the invite - I am looking forward to reading SHEgo!

message 5: by Tania (new)

Thanks for joining us Christin, I'm so happy to have you! Please enjoy SHEgo, I would love to hear your opinions about it. Be well & let's stay connected...

message 6: by Erica (new)

Erica (bookpsycho) My name is Erica, and I appreciate the invite!

message 7: by Kenn (new)

Kenn Bivins (kennbivins) Hi, Tania. I'm excited to read SHEgo (love the title) and learn more of you as WEgo :)

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela Woods (ang8etown) | 1 comments Hi,My name is Angela.

Mindy/fangedmom | 3 comments Tania wrote: "Thanks for joining Mindy! You're the first, official member post- that (amongst many other things) makes you special, so happy to have you here...
~ Tania"

OOOH I am special! First official memeber. That is just very cool. Thank Tania!

message 10: by Mindy/fangedmom (new)

Mindy/fangedmom | 3 comments So I spelled member wrong, hehe...

message 11: by Bert (new)

Bert Edens (bedens) Hello, Tania... Thanks for the invite! Looking forward to reading SHEgo...

And Kenn, great pun :)

message 12: by Sam (new)

Sam | 1 comments Hey there, I'm Samantha. I am a mom and a teacher, and I love to read (like the rest of you, lol)

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Willshire (lillyobrian) | 2 comments hey guys :) I'm Lauren and a workaholic. Also I read and I'm crazy about anything cats. ummm that is pretty much it lol I just didn't want it to sound like an AA meeting introduction :)

message 14: by Tania (last edited Sep 02, 2010 07:52PM) (new)

Seems that we're a great group already- a nice eclectic mix bound together by a love for reading...

message 15: by Dani (new)

Dani Moore | 4 comments Tania wrote: "Welcome everyone to the discussion, please introduce yourself to the group."

I'm Dani, I'm disabled and suport my DD who is 21yrs. with OCD and CAPD and my GD who is 22months. I also volunteer to co-manage 2 Official BookCrossing Zones in our town. I am making plans within the next year to start out on a journy to read (finish) one book a day for a year and blog my reviews of each one.

message 16: by D.E. (new)

D.E. Sievers | 9 comments Hi, I'm also looking forward to reading SHEgo. Published my own first novel in April, just finishing up its follow-up, a novella. Hope lots of people join this group so we can have lots of sharing of ideas and inspiration. Thanks for starting it, Tania. Ciao!

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (njberardi) | 2 comments Hi! Tania - THANKS for the invite. I heading off for a week of vacation - so I'll be MIA. But, I will be reading up a storm.

message 18: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Mells | 3 comments Hey Tania,
Thanks for inviting me to join your conversation. Have you read my book, My Liberty?

message 19: by Anjuelle (last edited Sep 09, 2010 12:36AM) (new)

Anjuelle (neptuneauteur) | 1 comments Tania:

Thanks so much for inviting me to your Q & A Group for Authors.

My name is Anjuelle Floyd.

I am a wife of 28 years, mother of 3, abstract painter, licensed psychotherapist, and author of two books, Keeper of Secrets...Translations of an Incident and a novel, The House that will debut October 15, 2010.

Anyone interested in learning more about my titles can click on the name to sample Keeper of Secrets...Translations of an Incident
The House
or visit: www.freado.com/users/4271/anjuelle-floyd

I also invite everyone to visit my blog/website:

www.anjuellefloyd.com

Thanks again, Tania, for the invite.

anjuelle
www.anjuellefloyd.com
Imagination is the key to freedom.
The author's job is to cultivate and nurture her or his imagination and that of others.
www.anjuellefloyd.com/books/keeper-of-secrets/
www.anjuellefloyd.com/books/the-house/

message 20: by Tania (new)

Welcome Anjuelle/fellow insomniac! :0)

~ Tania
www.taniazavertachance.com

message 21: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Campbell | 1 comments Hey, Tania, thanks for finding me (from SheWrites?) and inviting me into the fold. I am the author of 12 traditionally published books so obviously writing and reading occupy a lion's share of my time.

I look forward to learning more here, adding reader friends and exchanging viewpoints.

message 22: by Tessa Quin (new)

Tessa Quin | 1 comments Hi everyone, and thanks for inviting me, Tania.

I'm Tessa Quin, and I write YA/MG fantasy. I'm looking forwards to getting to know you all.

message 23: by Medleymisty (last edited Sep 09, 2010 06:54AM) (new)

Medleymisty | 3 comments Hi! :) I'm Stacy Barker. I am 29 years old, married for 8 years later this month, and have four cats. :) My day job is taking pictures and tours of rental properties for the company website.

My calling and the love of my life is writing. :) At the moment I am publishing my stuff for free online, but perhaps one day I will get control of my addiction to instant feedback and write an actual novel and try to get it traditionally published.

I started with Sims stories, but my last Sims story won the medium for me. I didn't have anywhere left to go, no challenges left to conquer. So now I'm writing full text. :) My current project is titled 10.

http://medleymisty.wordpress.com/10inde/ - 10 Story Index, if you're bored and have some time. I'm working on the seventh chapter - should have it out in a couple of days.

And yes, I take writing (and reading) very very seriously. I just don't take money seriously, is all. ;)

Thank you so much for the invite! This looks like a wonderful group and I hope I can make some friends and find some great new reading material.

message 24: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenmichellebrock) Hello. My name is Lauren. I'm 20 years old and a junior in college. I have a blog over at http://hersilentmusings.blogspot.com. I love to read and one of my biggest goals is to write a novel one day. Heck, I want to write a load of novels one day. It's just getting there first.

message 25: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Basile (lisamariebasile) | 1 comments Hi Everyone:

I'm Lisa Marie Basile - I'm a published writer and poet. I also edit Caper Literary Journal (www.caperjournal.com) and I have a website: www.lisamariebasile.com

message 26: by Laura (last edited Sep 09, 2010 08:45AM) (new)

Laura Molina (lauramolina) Thanks for inviting me! I am an artist (google me, I'm notorious!) who has recently become a writer. I would appreciate an opinion of the synopsis of my first novel, The Red Moon from anyone who has a few minutes to spare.

You can read it on my GR profile - http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/5...

Or my blog - http://theangriestwomanintheworld.blo...

message 27: by D.E. (new)

D.E. Sievers | 9 comments Hi Laura! Wow, you are interesting ... love your paintings. Best of luck with the novel. I read your synopsis. Sounds like the continuation of a theme, huh? After exploring your web presence a bit, I feel confident you will make this a compelling novel. Feel free to message me directly if you want to talk about the mechanics of writing fiction. I'd like nothing better.

message 28: by Thelma (new)

Thelma (thelmaz) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Thelma. I've written romance noovels and creative non-fiction. Currently working on a memoir. Blog at www.widowsphere.blogspot.com In my other life I'm a speech pathologist, voracious reader, cat lover.

message 29: by Judaye (new)

Judaye | 1 comments Hello there Everyone. I am Judaye and I love books and libraries and always have. Thank you for inviting me Tania.

message 30: by Roz (new)

Roz Morris (rozmorris) | 1 comments Hi - I'm Roz Morris. I've got nearly a dozen novels in print but you won't see my name on them because I ghosted them. However, I'm now coming out from under the sheet with novels under my own name.

I have a blog, http://www.NailYourNovel.com, a book Nail Your Novel - Why Writers Abandon Books And How You Can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence http://www.amazon.com/Nail-Your-Novel... Basically I love stories and storytelling - and above all, storytellers!

Thanks for inviting me here, Tania!

message 31: by Moonlight (new)

Moonlight (glittersgold) | 1 comments Hi Everyone,

I'm Marcel Marshall, the author of All That Glitters Is Not Gold [ISBN:978-0-8059-7357-0, Dorrance PuBlising, Co]

To learn more check out my goodreads page 'moonlight holiday' or www.facebook.com/glitters.gold;
www.dorrancebookstore.com/allthglisno...

Thanks, great group

message 32: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Thomas | 2 comments Hello everybody,
My first published novel is Cowgirl Dreams and the sequel, Follow the Dream, will be out Oct. 1. Both books are based on my grandmother who rode bucking stock in Montana rodeos during the 1920s.

message 33: by Medleymisty (new)

Medleymisty | 3 comments Laura wrote: "Thanks for inviting me! I am an artist (google me, I'm notorious!) who has recently become a writer. I would appreciate an opinion of the synopsis of my first novel, The Red Moon from anyone who ha..."

Oh hi! I recognize you from SheWrites! :) Reading the synopsis now....

message 34: by Kimlepiane (new)

Kimlepiane | 1 comments Hello All,

Thank you Tania for the invite!

I am a wife of 22 years, a mother of two young adults, one in college and one a high school senior.

I am a spiritual path facilitator, and artist as well as a prolific reader and writer. I am working with co-author on a non-fiction book and I write a blog. My blog is reflectionsfromaspiritualpath.blogspot.com. I invite you to come visit me there.

I am looking forward to reading SheGo and getting the opportunity to get to learn more about all of you!

Thank you again for including me Tania! I am happy to be here.

message 35: by Deanna (new)

Deanna | 4 comments Hi All-

I'm Dea and I'm a booknerd. I read any and everything.

message 36: by Deanna (new)

Deanna | 4 comments Dani wrote:
I'm Dani, I'm disabled and suport my DD who is 21yrs. with OCD and CAPD and my GD who is 22months. I al..."

You have CAPD or your DD has it? I have CAPD and most people don't have a clue what that is! They think you are weird because you lipread or completely 'ignore' everyone in crowds. BUT- it gets you out of jury duty :)

message 37: by Dani (new)

Dani Moore | 4 comments My Dd has it. We didn't even know it had a name until she was in college! she was incredably lucky that I was sewing costumes for a Deaf theatre group so she picked up sign Language and more importantly, fingerspelling before she started reading. She has always said she will never remember how a word sounds, but she will remember how it feels. I wish there was a way to test my GD before age seven...I know my late hubby (he died when she was 2) had it as well, even though he was never diagnosed. when my GD was born, I had to stay by her bed in the hospital the whole time they were there because the nurses and doctors were completely ignorant!

message 38: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Hillhouse (jhohadli) Hi
Just joined. Thanks for the invite. My name is Joanne Hillhouse. I am an Antiguan writer (of two books, so far; The Boy from Willow Bend and Dancing Nude in the Moonlight). I look forward to participating in things here, time allowing. I hope you'll also check out my Caribbean Lit group here http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/3...

message 39: by Tania (new)

Veronica Arreola is our official 100th group member! Let's all extend a arm welcome to Veronica... :0)
~ Tania
www.taniazavertachance.com

message 40: by Diana (new)

Diana Guerrero (arklady) | 1 comments Tania and members--hello!

I came over from SheWrites and am an author and freelance writer. What Animals Can Teach Us About Spirituality Inspiring Lessons from Wild and Tame Creatures by Diana L. Guerrero and Blessing of the Animals A Guide to Prayers & Ceremonies Celebrating Pets & Other Creatures by Diana L. Guerrero .

Glad to see you all here and hope to keep in touch. I tend to be sporadic at times...

message 41: by Marja (new)

Marja McGraw (marja1) | 3 comments It's been one of those days. I really thought I'd already introduced myself, but I don't see me on here.

Hi, I'm Marja and I write lighter mysteries with a little humor. I have a website at www.marjamcgraw.com, and I also have a blog there. I have two series, the Sandi Webster mysteries and the Bogey Mysteries. Although, the first book in the Bogey series isn't out yet. Before the end of this year, I think.

Hi everyone!

message 42: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Strack (peggymorehouse) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Peggy and I write upmarket commercial fiction that's a bit Jodi Piccult and a bit Alice Hoffman. I host a bolg, Kickback Moments, at pstrack.blogspot.com. I am an avid reader and asked to join this group because I've enjoyed many of the titles being discussed. Nice to be here.

message 43: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Thomas | 2 comments Hi Peggy,
Welcome to the group. Your books sounds good--I like Jodi Piccoult!

message 44: by Carol (new)

Carol Perry (caroljperry) | 1 comments Hello everyone
What an interesting group Tania has assembled here! I'm a mystery writer, currently working on the third book in my Witch City Mystery series for Kensington. (The first one, Caught Dead Handed, is available now. The next one, Tails, You Lose, will be out in March.
Carol Perry

message 45: by Chicki (new)

Chicki Brown (chicki663) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Chicki Brown (my real nickname and maiden name). Thank you for the invitation.

I am the author of fourteen romance, women's fiction and inspirational fiction novels. Currently I am starting a new series - https://www.facebook.com/The-Lake-Series

So happy to be part of this group.