What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The House of the Spirits
This topic is about The House of the Spirits
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Latin American Magical Realism [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 2 comments It was about a family of I think three girls. One of them was very beautiful and everyone compared her to a mermaid. She died young and the coroners or people who served in that capacity for the book had a moment staring at her when she was dead, it was an odd moment. Another sister had pigtails and was psychic to the point that when she would drift off into her inner self she would cause the salt cellars to shake and they would have to rattle her out of the moment.

The cover indicated it was made in the 80's or earlier, it was oldish. Theres really little else I remember about it, but I've been searching for it for a while, I read it when I was in high school at the latest (I don't think it was YA though). Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

message 2: by Kaion (last edited Sep 02, 2010 12:42AM) (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) | 389 comments Haven't read it, but google of "novel magical realism three sisters psychic mermaid" would say The House of the Spirits?

message 3: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 2 comments Kaion wrote: "Haven't read it, but google of "novel magical realism three sisters psychic mermaid" would say The House of the Spirits?"

Thanks so much, I've actually done extensive googling, just not recently and perhaps not those words but never came up with anything. Again, thanks, you were right on the money!