SciFi and Fantasy eBook Club discussion

September Book Discussions > The Atrocity Archives- Initial Impressions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What are your initial thoughts on the book as you start reading? Style? Characters? Premise? Tell me all ...

message 2: by Charles (new)

Charles (nogdog) I finished re-reading it already (my DTB version which I got before my Kindle), so it's a bit tough recalling my real first impressions; but I recall being immediately drawn in due to the style -- familiar and fast-flowing (ooh, alliteration!) -- and the main character and many of the supporting cast being interesting and not entirely predictable or stereotyped. The idea of the alternate reality -- or is it the *real* reality? -- where the power of math along with parallel universes can result in "magic" was both fun and even a little thought-provoking.

One interesting thing I found this time around when reading the paper version was the number of times I wanted to look up something on Wikipedia, but couldn't since it wasn't on my Kindle, and I was too lazy to get up and use the 'puter. :-)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to agree with your comments on the style. It's pacing is good and I also feel it had to be written by a Brit. An American would not have been so understated.

message 4: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (alexisfromoregon) Well where to begin... While I really like fantasty and some science fiction I may not really believe in everything... not say that I don't keep an open mind. However with this book, it did really make me think hmmm? And there were parts that might of made me a little sick ( there being close/actual truth). I did have a little trouble getting through the first part- but glad I stuck with it as it really got good after that.