NaNoWriMo discussion

News > November is coming!!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Petunia (new)

Petunia | 20 comments Mod
November will be here soon, does anyone have any ideas?

message 2: by Risa (new)

Risa (risa-d) I have an idea of what I'm going to write this year, but I haven't really had any time/energy to flesh it out. I think that I'm probably going to end up just winging it.

message 3: by Ammye (new)

Ammye | 1 comments Risa wrote: "I have an idea of what I'm going to write this year, but I haven't really had any time/energy to flesh it out. I think that I'm probably going to end up just winging it."

I'm sure whatever you write will be fairly awesome, Bibi :3

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I'm going to write a sequel to the book I wrote for last years NaNo. I've got most of it outlined.

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethmorey) I am shocked that it's even fall. November? What's that...? ;)

message 6: by Vonze (new)

Vonze I plan to use November to work on a YA story I started last year. Not sure if I'll reach the finish line again this year (I'm getting married in Dec. and I've got a lot of wedding related events in Nov.) but any writing is better than no writing =)

message 7: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing Yup! I have school and all that... theater rehersals are going to take FOREVER!

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) | 30 comments I already have the name of the next book: Time Rushes By

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) | 30 comments Yeah.....I think I'm a little too into this for my own good. Has anyone else ever planned to write about the previous lives of their characters?

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) | 30 comments Just so they can.....exercise their writing ability?

message 13: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing It's called their history, and yes.

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) | 30 comments Go to www.wattpad.com and search for time and time again and find the one by Laura waters 41 and read my prologue and give me constructive criticism. Please.

message 16: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing Scott wrote: "I just signed up. I think I have a good general plot idea, but I plan on using the rest of October to flesh it out so I can hit the ground running November 1. Wish me luck!"

Luck! Or, as we say in theater, break a leg! Are you on the adult one or young writers?

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma Michaels (emmamichaels) I can hardly wait! This will be my first year!!!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com
The Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels

message 18: by Aββzβook (new)

Aββzβook  (life2therockers) There's an adult NaNoWriMo and then a young writers one.

message 19: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing I'm on the young writer's one under the username of Dovewing.

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) | 30 comments i'm on the regular version under the same username as goodreads: Avo_the_caster_girl.

message 21: by Petunia (new)

The good part about the adult one is that no matter who you are, you can see the posts. On the young writer one, you have to be signed in.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I have no clue what I'm going to do...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, actually, I kind of have an idea...

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

:)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, so I want to use a story that I had started, but stopped. So what I did was took all the stuff I had previously written, which was roughly four or five pages in a notebook, and threw them in the trash. On NaNoWriMo.com it says this: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/402737 and this: "Start from scratch. None of your own previously written prose can be included in your NaNoWriMo draft (though outlines, character sketches, and research are all fine, as are citations from other people's works)."

So if I chucked the tiny bit of writing I did do on this novel, do you think it'd be all right if I did this novel??

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I'll just send 'em a Q.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Whoooot whoot! So psyched for November!

message 28: by Emma (new)

Emma Michaels (emmamichaels) Kaylin ;) wrote: "Whoooot whoot! So psyched for November!"

Me too!!!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I like, failed epically last year :( but I'm headstrong this year and ready!

message 30: by Amaranta (new)

Amaranta (foreverreader) I'll probably fail this year...but I'm ready to do so! lol

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

You won't fail! Just try super duper hard! What are you setting your goal as? I'm trying for 50,000

message 32: by Amaranta (new)

Amaranta (foreverreader) I am too, I'm not doing the Young Writers one, I'm going straight for NaNo but either way, I'm excited.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm doing YWP, too. The site itself is soooooo much more fun. I've spent houuuuuuuuurs on end in the forums!

message 34: by Emma (new)

Emma Michaels (emmamichaels) Amaranta wrote: "I am too, I'm not doing the Young Writers one, I'm going straight for NaNo but either way, I'm excited."

I want to try for 50k but I am hoping to get more. I figure at least 2k words a day and I will be good. Here is to hoping!

message 35: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) I'm doing YWP. I have absolutely no idea what I'm gonna write about, though.

message 36: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing What's your username on there?

message 37: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) Elemmire.

message 38: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing Cool. My username is Dovewing on there.

message 39: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) :) Elemmire is Elvish for Eleanor.

message 40: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing That's interesting… LOTR elvish, Eragon elvish, or some other elvish?

message 41: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) Lord of the Rings. I took a camp a few years back.

message 42: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing Ah. I've not read LOTR.

message 43: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) I've read The Hobbit, The Fellowship of the Ring, and part of The Two Towers.

message 44: by Petunia (new)

I do not have a plan to write with either. I am so freaked out that I am going to sit down and try to write on November 1st and go totally blank. (Who out of you all are on YWP??)

message 45: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing I am on the YWP

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) | 30 comments Eleanor, la fille d'Hades wrote: "I've read The Hobbit, The Fellowship of the Ring, and part of The Two Towers."

READ THE REST!!!!! i attempted to read the silmarillion, but it was kind of boring. and the children of Hurin was okay.

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) | 30 comments everyone on the adult version, tell me your username so I can be your writing buddy!

message 48: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) Lena the caster girl wrote: "Eleanor, la fille d'Hades wrote: "I've read The Hobbit, The Fellowship of the Ring, and part of The Two Towers."

READ THE REST!!!!! i attempted to read the silmarillion, but it was kind of boring...."

I'm trying to. Currently I'm reading Little Women, Indeath, and The Name Of This Book Is Secret...

message 49: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing Eleanor, I requested you as a writing buddy.

message 50: by L (last edited Oct 26, 2010 01:42PM) (new)

L (audinosbiitch) OK! Hang on, do I get the request in email or on NaNoWriMo?

« previous 1