Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Science Fiction > Peace Warrior - Steven L. Hawk

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steven (new)

Steven Hawk (stevehawk) | 4 comments Hi all,

I look forward to becoming involved here on Goodreads. I recently published my novel, Peace Warrior. It is currently available on Amazon in paperback and for the Kindle.

It is Military Sci Fi, with a time travel element.

It’s the mid-21st century when Sergeant First Class Grant Justice is killed during an ambush on an enemy tank column.

Six hundred years later, his body is retrieved from the frozen, arctic lake where he perished. Re-animated by a team of scientists, Grant awakens to a civilization that has abolished war. A civilization that has outlawed violence and cherishes Peace above all else. A civilization that has been enslaved by an alien race called the Minith.

Grant is humankind’s final hope against the alien menace. He must be… the Peace Warrior.

Goodreads Link: Peace Warrior

Thanks,
Steve

message 2: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Huang | 14 comments My name is Bethany Huang and my blog is located at http://www.bookablog-bethany.blogspot... would like to review your book,and sending me a copy would be helpful. Thank you!

message 3: by Steven (new)

Steven Hawk (stevehawk) | 4 comments Hi Bethany,

Thank you for the offer to review my book. Most writers (including me) will normally jump at the chance to have their book reviewed. In fact, we actively search out as many reviewers as we can find and are thrilled when we get an offer for a review. Why do we do this? Because reviews help get our names and our books in front of more people. And we want people to read our books!

Having said the above, it saddens me that I will have to decline your gracious offer. I have looked at your blog and your reviews are very good. The problem (and it's wholly my problem, not yours) is that you are 10 years old. Although you are very mature for someone of your age, I'm afraid my book has language in it that I do not want to put in front of you. Call me old fashioned or a fuddy duddy if you wish, but I hope you understand.

I wish you the best in your writing and reviewing endeavors. You have a great start, that's for sure. I wish I was half as industrious as you are when I was 10. You have a very bright future ahead. I can tell!

Take care and best regards,
Steve Hawk

message 4: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Huang | 14 comments :) Thank you for your consideration! I fully understand (I am becoming an author myself [[book:The Eiffel Tower's Daughter|8873463]) and wish you well!
Bethany