Goodreads Sci-Fi/Fantasy Authors discussion

Author Books > Peace Warrior - Steven L. Hawk

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steven (new)

Steven Hawk (stevehawk) | 5 comments Hi all,

I look forward to becoming involved here on Goodreads. I recently published my novel, Peace Warrior. It is currently available on Amazon in paperback and for the Kindle.

It is Military Sci Fi, with a time travel element.

It’s the mid-21st century when Sergeant First Class Grant Justice is killed during an ambush on an enemy tank column.

Six hundred years later, his body is retrieved from the frozen, arctic lake where he perished. Re-animated by a team of scientists, Grant awakens to a civilization that has abolished war. A civilization that has outlawed violence and cherishes Peace above all else. A civilization that has been enslaved by an alien race called the Minith.

Grant is humankind’s final hope against the alien menace. He must be… the Peace Warrior.

Goodreads Link: Peace Warrior

Thanks,
Steve

message 2: by Lida (new)

Lida Atkinson (lidaa) | 1 comments Hi Steven,

I just finished your book and I really enjoyed it. Even when I was in the military I never understood the bureaucracy's reluctance to do what needed to be done. I respected the military men and women that could accomplish their missions despite that resistance. Now after 20 years as a civilian I see sheep everywhere. I like to think that the "Hell Warriors" will come back to give us all a little more of the wolf.
Keep up the good work and keep reminding people that the heart of a warrior is in us all.

message 3: by Steven (new)

Steven Hawk (stevehawk) | 5 comments Hi Lida,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I'm working on a sequel now. I hope to have it out by the first of the year.

Feel free to post a review, either here or on Amazon (or both) to let other know the you enjoyed the book!
:)

Take care,
Steve

message 4: by Steven (last edited Mar 18, 2011 07:56AM) (new)

Steven Hawk (stevehawk) | 5 comments Peace Warrior is currently on sale for $0.99 at Amazon.com. It will remain at this price until April 30th when Peace Army , the second book in the Peace Warrior Trilogy, is released.

Thanks all,
Steve

Peace Warrior

message 5: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 1 comments Steve, I voraciously read book one and two on my Kindle, but couldn't find book 3. Is it completed yet? Thanks for your writing.
jerry hanson

message 6: by Steven (last edited May 26, 2011 08:28AM) (new)

Steven Hawk (stevehawk) | 5 comments Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the kind words, and I apologize for the delay in responding. Juanita were in Mexico for the past week celebrating our latest anniversary.

Book 3 is in the works. I'm about 15% into it and plan to add a few more percentage points after hitting the "post" button below! I'm targeting a late-summer, early-fall release.

Happy reading!

Steve

Peace Army (Peace Warrior Trilogy, Book 2) by Steven L. Hawk Peace Warrior by Steven L Hawk

message 7: by Steven (new)

Steven Hawk (stevehawk) | 5 comments Jerry wrote: "Steve, I voraciously read book one and two on my Kindle, but couldn't find book 3. Is it completed yet? Thanks for your writing.
jerry hanson"

Peace World, the third book of the Peace Warrior Trilogy is now complete and ready for purchase.

Steve