The Manga Zone discussion

Not manga related > Amigarumi!!

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments Hey Hey Hey!
Okay, if you didn't know already, amigarumi is Japanese for knitted or crochet toy. I hear they're pretty popular in Japan, and I myself am obsessed.
I was really just wondering whether or not anyone knits/crochets amigarumis too.

I will try to post some pictures on the "pictures" part of the page with patterns if anyone wants to know. Also, you can request for me to make something.

message 2: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments oh yeah, pentapus (an octopus with 5 tentacles) and knome should be posted sometime soon. I've been asked to make a Bun-Bun (like from Host Club) hat, so look out for that more towards the end of September t the earliest.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) OO I wanna see :D

message 4: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments Alright I'm officially one inch into the bun-bun hat. Sorry I haven't posted anything yet... I've been crazy busy. I will try to do a little tonight, or I might bring it to school tomarrow because I have tons of frees. :j

message 5: by Em (last edited Nov 27, 2010 09:54AM) (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments Hey! Sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet! Here's some. I hope you all like them.

description
Perry the Pentapus
description
My lion hat. I kinda want to make it look like Kon from BLEACH, but I'm not so sure. I look very attractive wearing it, I know.
description
This is a dinosaur hat that one of my friends asked me to make her for her birthday.

If you want patterns, let me know. ^.^

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments The pictures didn't work, but all of those sound adorable! That's such a fun craft, I wish I could crochet....

message 7: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments haha. i know, but thanks for saying something! i'll put them on 'my photos' of whatever, so you can check them out. yeah, i wish i could crochet too, i just knit.

message 8: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Okay cool! I shall check them out then~
I used to know how to crochet... then I forgot >_<

message 9: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments yeah, my mom keeps telling me she's gonna teach me, but she doesn't remember either...

message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Oh, that's too bad, maybe she'll learn again one of these days :D
I looked at the pictures you post; Those things are adorable! I wish I could do that x) I think the popsicle is my favorite...

message 11: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments Oh thanks! yeah, it was mine too :) i kinda wanna make a lot of them in rainbow colors. I think we both should learn to crochet and be awesome real amigarumi makers together because that might make my life better.

message 12: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Yes! you definitely should, rainbow popsicles need to be made.
I think that is an absolutely fantastic idea :D

message 13: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments :D yeah!

message 14: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments XD
*feels the need to be creative and make something now*

message 15: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments *concurs*
gonna go home and make something :)

message 16: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Oh good, what're you gonna make? :3

message 17: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments i made a little yellow owl hair clip (but i'm makiing it into a pin cause i can't find a good clip to put it on.) :3 its for the surprise i have to use for a scavenger hunt we're having for my german class.

message 18: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Oh! That sounds adorable! :3
Your taking German? How fun XD I've always wanted to learn that language...

message 19: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments yeah, it's a whole lot of fun! what language do you take?

message 20: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments None at the moment, I'll be taking latin this summer though.

message 21: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments that's fun! i think latin would be more useful to have, but whatever.

message 22: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments I don't know, maybe. I'm looking forward to it though ^^

message 23: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments yeah! the book that all the latin classes use is so funny :) it has the strangest vocabulary.

message 24: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Lol really? Sounds amusing XD

message 25: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments I'm feeling the urge to make something, but I don't have enough time! Ugh!

message 26: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Oh no! Maybe you can later? :3

message 27: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments Yeah....

message 28: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments I put a book about chocheting on hold at the library. I'm gonna learn, i promise!

message 29: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments hooray! I shall try to remember and do the same XD
Oh, how was your scavenger hunt thing for German? Or have you not had that yet... XP

message 30: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments It was fun! The person who had mine didn't get lost :)
How was your... spring holiday (is that a good term?), if you celebrate one?

message 31: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Thats awesome! XD
Mine was very good, I got a new guitar... How was your's?

message 32: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments That's awesome!! I'm jelous. It was good :) Went to my great aunt's, met some second cousins. I got a cute little teapot.

message 33: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments ^_^ thats good, glad you got to spend time with family! Awww that sounds adorable :3

message 34: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments Just wondering, do you know a certain Alex Weber?

message 35: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments An Alex Weber..? No I don't, I know Alex's, but not an Alex Weber. Why? :3

message 36: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments Aww poo... You sound just like her friend Andy.

message 37: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Ohh, I see ^_^
I'm afraid it isnt me ;( Darn it, that would have been cool... XD

message 38: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments It's funny though, cause he just has a secret twin. My friend met my secret twin over the weekend, but she's like ten.

message 39: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments You have a secret twin who's ten? Thats amazing @_@

message 40: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments Yeah, and I'm pretty much totally convinced you have a secret twin too. Like the manga Perfect Twin. Don't read it though, cause it pretty much scarred me forever.

message 41: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments I do? :0 Cool XD
Perfect Twin, sounds interesting. What is it about?

message 42: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments It's on Manga Fox if you really wanna check it out, the arts actually relly good. Its about this guy who has the vision thingys at random times, but he really doesn't know why. So one day he has one of a girl (she's in her birthday suit, though...) So right after he has this vision, he meets this girl who has a weird power thingy too, she gets like cuts and can feel someone else's pain. So this girl tells him about how she had a twin and she apparently died. so they get into this whole conspiracy about how a lot of people have a "perfect twin." It's actually really, really good, but the author handles it in a very disturbing way that involves some... you know... sorta stuff.

message 43: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Wow, that sounds really cool, I may just have to check it out. I can't use Manga Fox though, always crashes my laptop DX I'll look it up though, thanks for the info! :D

message 44: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments Yeah, you're welcome :) manga fox used to, but it doesn't anymore. It works really well if you have an ipad, though.

message 45: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments :D Really? That's cool... No iPad here though, I wish I had one! XD

message 46: by Em (new)

Em  (rache-rache-reichenbach) | 94 comments yeah, not too great, though. they're like giant itouches... I learned how to do a few chochet stitches yesterday! i almost cried cause i thought i was doing stuff wrong and that i'd forget how to knit, but i was watching hetalia, so it was okay. anyway, it looked like cro-shiz, so i'm starting to get bad vibes from the whole "i'm gonna chochet toys!" thing...