series > are you excited for the movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
i

message 2: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
I really do not know. while i want to see it i do not like how books tha tturn into movies are changed.

message 3: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) same here. I didn't know they were making hunger games into a movie? But if they are then forget it, movies always spoil the original.

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 44 comments I don't mind at all if they change the feeling of the last book. I would love the first two to be just like the book, the stark reality of the people's lives in the future, the hunger games - action, suspense, romance and sacrifice.

message 5: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
yes they are making a movie. ithink it is supposed to come out in 2011. i hope that they do not chnage at least most of the first one. the only thing that i really would not mind is the time that the small characters die lke district 8 or teh person who dies at the fire at the first night. the second book tehy could cut a few parts out. i understand taht they hae to cut parts out but i hate it when they cut thigs out and tehn put in parets that d not go along eith the movie

message 6: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) yeh cutting is ok, but adding? i hate it

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 41 comments i hope they dont take out too much like in the first twilight or the last airbender it kills the movies and leaves you out of the loop

message 8: by Amina (last edited Sep 06, 2010 04:27AM) (new)

Amina  (journalistam) i probably won't evn watch it... i dn't wanna spoil the creative pics I have of the character/scenes

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 41 comments i think she should make a book about how panem came to be exactly like what exactly happened to the rest of the world

message 10: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) yeh. maybe if we ask her to...

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 44 comments Stephenie Meyer kind of did that with the Brief life of Bree Tanner. It explains how the vamire army was created.

message 12: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) yeh i read it. so wat's her fan email address?

message 13: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
i agree. we should ask her but maybe it would ruin the act that we can make up our own opionons. also that might then talk abotu the first hunger games

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I think the movie could be great, if they got the right cast and had a decent directer. I believe Suzanne Collins is producing, so she won't let anything go too terribly wrong. I'm excited for the movie!

message 15: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) she's producing? great, then we can expect sumthing decent, she won't spoil her own book :P

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 44 comments She is helping to wrtite the screen play vesion. Trnsforming the nove into a script type thing.

message 17: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) mm hmm. that's really good.

i hope they find a good Gale :/

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Yeah, authors should be involved in their books being turned into movies. Sometimes they really don't get that much of a say. It's sad, really.

message 19: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) i knww. if they got a part, the movies wldn't be so awful. lol

message 20: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
yeah. like in th aharty potter movies theyy basciscally ruined that 6th movie

message 21: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I've watched a few video for 'the perfect cast' on youtube, and some people have pretty decent ideas. I wonder if SC will have any infulence over the casting.

message 22: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) i really don't wanna watch MJ! I was already depressd like hell by the book. HG will b interesting tho

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 44 comments They can stray from the third book and I would be very happy. LOL It is the one time I would want them to not follow the book.

message 24: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) ikr! first and last time ever. I hope they end her up wiv gale :/

hmm, I'd like to see those mutations, gonna b pretty freaky. especially the ones in MJ

message 25: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
yueah i am going to be soo freaked out by thiose i was already freacked out by them in the book

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 41 comments i dnt get it im happy shes with peeta but i would want them to keep peeta his normal self

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 44 comments I don't like how she ended up with him. It's like she could take or leave him. He really cared about her. I hope the movie makes the last book/story a little happier with them healing together from all o fth trauma they have been through instead of them just kind of existing...And I think she and Gale should have had more intereactions int eh book. If he really loved her adn stuff why did he just walk away. He kind of just realizes she only shows she cares when someone she caes about is in danger. Gale is supposed to be really handsome and tall. All the other girls in her district like him. And Peeta I imagine as the strong silent type more her age and not as tall as Gale. Gale always has Katniss's back, but Peeta is quietly in the background always there to help her too.

message 28: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) maybe if suzanne figures we all hated the ending she'll change it in the movie. hopefully...

message 29: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
ha i dont think tah she will because even if we hate it its her book and many other pplk willo be mad if they change it. also we only know that there is going to be ahunger games movie if bot enough ppl go then there will not b three

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 44 comments In the third they could downplay the dreariness anddepressive not wuite there feel toit and focus more on those action moments and dialogs. Like when she goes to visit that district's hospital and then decides to fight back when they want her to be safe.

message 31: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I'm sure hunger games will hit! I mean, EVERYONE loves it... whoevers read it, that is. so probably the other two gonna b movies too.

message 32: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca "I don't like how she ended up with him. It's like she could take or leave him. He really cared about her. I hope the movie makes the last book/story a little happier with them healing together from all o fth trauma they have been through instead of them just kind of existing...And I think she and Gale should have had more intereactions int eh book. If he really loved her adn stuff why did he just walk away. He kind of just realizes she only shows she cares when someone she caes about is in danger. Gale is supposed to be really handsome and tall. All the other girls in her district like him. And Peeta I imagine as the strong silent type more her age and not as tall as Gale. Gale always has Katniss's back, but Peeta is quietly in the background always there to help her too."

^^ I agree with Vicky. Katniss didn't choose Peeta - she was basically stuck with him. I don't think that their love is as strong as....well, Finnick's and Annie's, for example. I believe Gale just left because he knew Katniss couldn't love him that way, especially after what happened with Prim. It was a lost cause.

Getting back to the movie subject, I agree with Amina. I think this movie - if done right - could appeal to men, women and teens (small children, not so much). Action, romance (kind of, lol), and the storyline is so intruiging. The characters are well-developed and . . . this movie could be amazing.

message 33: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) yes, the hunger games has the kind of plot that isn't common. it's very unique and kind depicts wats happening today but as a bachtracking way. if done correctly, I think this movie cld be a serious hit... maybe even beat HP

message 34: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Mmm....I don't think anything will ever beat Harry Potter. Personally, I don't care for HP - but I recognize how huge it is. Twilight's probably the runner up, then things like Eragon. But the HG is gaining popularity, so...*shrug*

message 35: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) mm hmm... but mmaybe. i hvent evn seen.read HP, just the first two books.

message 36: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
even though i h8 how they ruin books with movoies i canot wait for the mivie

message 37: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) me neither... i think ruining it will b gud this tym :P

message 38: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
i guess. just the last one though

message 39: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) they'll prob change the first two too *shrug* let's wait n seee

message 40: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
yeah

message 41: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must see this movie.....Suzanne is directing it so it shall be great!
heres my dream cast
Katniss: Kaya Scodelario
Peeta: Hunter Parish or Alex Pettyfer
Gale: ummmm I CANT REMEMBER HIS NAME... oh yeah Gaspard Ulliel
Haymitch: Robert Downey JR. or House on the show House
Prim: Ellie Fanning or Abigal Breslin

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 44 comments directing it? Do you mean she is helping to write teh screen play version? Where'd you get your info??? Pass it on.

message 43: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
haha. i dont remember where but i found a movie poster. some english girl is playing katniss and she looks exactualy like wheat i pictured her

message 44: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) ohhh sorry I didnt mean to say directing I meant to say she was writing the screenplay. Hahaha well that was a fan poster cuz I saw it too I think because the actors aren't official yet

message 45: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Everyboby wants that Alex guy to play Peeta. At least he looks how I imagined. :)

message 46: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
yeah. i wish that we could liek make people up and have them look acatualy like aht we want

message 47: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Lol, that would be nice. I think Jack Nickelon should be Haymitch.

message 48: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
maybe

message 49: by Jerry (new)

Jerry for some reason i think a movie would just ruin the book. and it would probably be rated r because of all the death and blood and destruction.

True Love Forever (trueloveforever) | 44 comments they already said tey want to keep it at a pg-13 rating. i think the best part ofthe book is the suspense. They can achieve that in a movie. I was very excited to hear it might be made into a movie. but I don't know how I feel now that the third book is out...

« previous 1