Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive (BOTM) > October group reads ~ Bloodfever, Angels' Blood and Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Oct 01, 2010 10:58AM) (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Results of the poll for the October group read are in, you have all of September to get hold of your copy!

We have two first in a series group reads and the third book (actually the winner) is book #2 in the Fever series.

The top books then:-
Winner with 21 votes (15.9%) Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning
Second place with 17 votes (12.9%) Once Bitten, Twice Shy by Jennifer Rardin
Third with 15 votes (11.4%) Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh

If your choice has not won you can re nominate it for the following month. (Or post a thread in buddy reads folder see if anyone wants to read it with you)

message 2: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) yea, b/c the fever series AMAZING!!! haha. i wonder if the third book in the fever series will win for november now.

message 3: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

I've got a feeling it might just do that!!!

message 4: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i would laugh, really. but i hope that does happen b/c i need a reread for the whole series before the last book comes out in december..u knoe wht's funny?

september ~ darkfever
october ~ bloodfever
november ~ faefever(if wins)
december ~ dreamfever(if wins)
january (SHADOWFEVER COMES OUT JANUARY 18 2011)

i would have had my reread. but i cant wait to people read darkfever so we can all join in on the discussion!

message 5: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) oh, god. even though i dont like the U.S cover for angel's blood that much, UK's version is 10X worse.

U.S. cover: Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh

UK cover: Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh

message 6: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

Mariya wrote: "oh, god. even though i dont like the U.S cover for angel's blood that much, UK's version is 10X worse.

U.S. cover: Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh

UK cover: Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh"

I'm not keen either, I thought I'd got the US cover showing on the upcoming reads, but it seems not.... Off to try changing that again!

message 7: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) thanks. sometimes i like UK cover than U.S' and sometimes not. but the U.S. one looks much better up there now.

message 8: by Schelle (new)

Schelle | 46 comments Really excited about reading these books - but I'm not going to order them until the last week in sept - can't have a repeat of this month when I ordered the books and they arrived and like a pms'g chick craving chocolate, I couldn't help myself and read them straight away :(

message 9: by Chell (new)

Chell (shelliemac) I have already got Once Bitten, Twice Shy so i will def be reading that one will prob order Angels' Blood too and give that a go too not read the 1st in the series of Fever but hope to catch up soon x

message 10: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 276 comments Jennifer Rardin author of Once Bitten, Twice Shy unexpectedly passed away on 20th September. I'm so shocked. I've been following her blog and she seemed really happy and healthy.

Here is the source of this information:
http://www.orbitbooks.net/2010/09/22/...

message 11: by Shelia (new)

Shelia (sheliad841) | 186 comments Sad news. My condolences to her family and friends.

message 12: by Mariya (last edited Sep 22, 2010 08:09PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) WHAT?? seriously? RIP Jennifer Rardin

message 13: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 276 comments Yes, it's also been confirmed on her blog: http://www.jenniferrardin.net/?p=2084

message 14: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 236 comments Oh my gosh, I have a bunch of her books!

message 15: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

I had no idea. Very sad news. My thoughts are with her family and friends.

message 16: by Chell (new)

Chell (shelliemac) OMG that is so sad, my thoughts to her friends and family x

message 17: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 104 comments I just got the news on my Facebook feed. What a shocker. Has anyone heard what happened? She just got home from a trip.

I've already read the first two choices (just finished Bloodfever) so will be going for Angel's Blood. For some reason I thought it was the group read so picked it up on Tuesday....

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.