Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.T. (last edited Sep 01, 2010 12:58PM) (new)

A.T. (meandonlyme) | 21 comments I just finished reading this book [Stolen:] and I just have to say it was one of the most feeling provoking books I've read all summer.

So who has read it?

message 2: by Antonia (new)

Antonia | 8 comments I totally agree with you A.T. I finished the book today. I really liked it. I loved Ty even though he was at fault for kindnapping Gemma and drugging her. I felt sorry for Ty all he wanted was a friend.

message 3: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) I loved this book. Lucy Christopher makes you experience the torn emotions of Stockholm's Syndrome. It certainly gives you a lot to think about.

message 4: by Nese (new)

Nese im currently reading ,i just started it

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily  (toofondofbooks_) I liked that book but it wasn't really my favorite. I don't know why. I just felt like I could've added more to it, you know? but I did feel like I had a little bit of Stockholm Syndrome by the end of that book. <333 Ty!

message 6: by A.T. (last edited Sep 03, 2010 04:43AM) (new)

A.T. (meandonlyme) | 21 comments Yes, you really couldn't help but to fall and feel for Ty. I most definitely had Stockholm by the end of the book, probably worse than Gemma herself.

message 7: by Hweeps (new)

Hweeps Yeah, I agree with you, A.T.! It made me feel.. I don't know, all mixed-up.. It was a pretty wondrous book.. I liked it. :) And of course, I liked (loved?) Ty.. Sheesh. Which is why Lucy Christopher definitely deserved to win that award (can't rmb the exact name right away)! :)

message 8: by Janina (new)

Janina | 1 comments I read that book some time ago and I liked it. Ty was a really great character and I liked the way it was written. But I'm more into paranormal and science fiction so that it's not one of my absolutely favourites...

message 9: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloebooklover) I just finished it, and to be honest, I was disappointed. Maybe it was because I was expecting a lot, or because I am reading Flawless now and was just so excited to get started on it, that I couldn't focus. I found it to be a bit dry. I feel like I've read this story before. Over the summer I read a few very though provoking books, so this didn't really compare. Sorry! However, I did end up loving Ty! All he wanted was a friend.... Definitely some Stockholm Syndrome going on for me :)

message 10: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 8 comments I really want to read this book. I went into the bookstore and saw a lady carrying a copy out with her only to find that it was the last copy they had. Which really sucked because no where else had it.

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle I read it and loved it.
I`m really into books like that.
And I agree with Chloe. I LOVED TY!
At the beginning I never overly liked him, but he soon grew on my with all his kindness and love towards Gemma.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah West | 1 comments I loved this book. It was entirely thought provoking and the letter format throuought made the story so much more affective. I'm gona have to agree with you Chole I have difinitely got some Stockholm syndrome going on too, I loved Ty!

Caroline (Words & Whispers) (wordsandwhispers) | 5 comments This book has to be one of my favorites. The letter format really made the story so much more vivid, and Ty was just so sweet I was totally in love with him by the end. Geez, Stockholm Syndrome is infecting us all..

message 14: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) It's one of my favorites of the year. I listened to the audio version, which was pretty cool actually. I like how you are left wondering at the end if Ty really was manipulating her feelings about her parents or if what he said about them was true.

message 15: by Soraya (new)

Soraya (spoons) | 4 comments Ah!This book changed my perspective on life.
It was such a powerful story,and this power was only increased by Lucy Christopher's beautiful skill.
Such an emotionally charged journey,and something I've noticed is that everyone I know who has read it has become attached and cared for the characters.Amazing storytelling.
And I simply loved the fact it was set in outback Australia.There aren't many YA Australian novels of this quality out there,and it made me feel a bit patriotic ;P