Ilona Andrews Fans discussion

Kate Daniels: Discussion > Favorite Scenes/Moments

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 169 comments Mod
wht r ur favorite scenes/moments in the kate daniels series??

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace (liliannemarie2012) | 3 comments A memorable scene for me was in Magic Strikes when Kate calls Curran. She tells him that she is changing the locks of her apartment. At the end when she makes the bet, curses him, and hangs up, I laughed so hard. It was so funny. Great scene.

message 3: by Mariya (new)

i love that scene. one of my favorite scenes in magic strikes.

message 4: by Ctanner (new)

Ctanner | 3 comments I love the scene in Magic Bleeds when Curran glued Kate's butt to her office chair. I was laughing so hard.

message 5: by Josie (new)

Josie | 23 comments It's so hard to choose, there are so many great moments!!
One of mine is in Magic Strikes *spoiler* when Curran turns up at the Midnight Games and chews everyone out (kind of except for Kate though) and Andrea tells Kate that Curran called her his mate. I'll go find the proper quote. Also they have the tub scene sround then as well!!!!

message 6: by Josie (last edited Oct 04, 2010 02:24AM) (new)

Josie | 23 comments Quote from Magic Strikes:

"Also, when he opened the door to leave, Curran told him very casually that if Jim wanted to pick fights with his future mate, he was welcome to do so, but he should keep in mind that Curran wouldn’t come and rescue him when you beat his ass. You should’ve seen Jim’s face.”
“His what?”
“His mate. M-A-T-E.”

message 7: by Josie (new)

Josie | 23 comments And I love this one:

“I said, I know why you’re afraid to fight with me.”
“And why is that?” If he flexed again, I’d have to implement emergency measures. Maybe I could kick some sand at him or something. Hard to look hot brushing sand out of your eyes.
“You want me.”
Oh boy.
“You can’t resist my subtle charm, so you’re afraid you’re going to make a spectacle out of yourself.”
“You know what? Don’t talk to me.”

message 8: by Josie (new)

Josie | 23 comments Hehe! I just keep finding really good moments. This is honestly one of my favourites. Poor Jim:

Jim waited for us at the Gold Gate. His teeth were bared. “What happened to barely winning?”
“You said sloppy! Look, I didn’t even use my sword; I hit him with my head, like a moron.”
“A man with a sword attacked you and you disarmed him and knocked him out cold in under two seconds.” He turned to Curran.
The Beast Lord shrugged. “It’s not my fault that he didn’t know how to fall.”
Jim’s gaze slid from Curran to Dali. “What the hell was that?”
“Crimson Jaws of Death.”
“And were you planning on letting me know that you can turn people’s elbows backward?”
“I told you I did curses.”
“You said they don’t work!”
“I said they don’t always work. This one worked apparently.” Dali wrinkled her forehead.
“It’s not like I ever get to use them against live opponents anyway. It was an accident.”
Jim looked at us. The clipboard snapped in his hands. He turned around and very deliberately walked away. “I think we hurt his feelings.” Dali looked at his retreating back, sighed, and went after him.
Curran looked at me. “What the hell was I supposed to do, catch the werebison as he was falling?”

message 9: by Mariya (new)

i have lots of favorites from magic stikes. and i loved that when andrea said curran called her his mate and also the "I know why you’re afraid to fight with me."..those r so funny, great kate and curran moments.

message 10: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments practically all of the kate/curran moments lol xD

message 11: by Mariya (new)

I knoe! me too. I have many many favorites! even in the magic slay snippets...

message 12: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments i especially love the "you came for me" moment, lol for once they weren't getting at each others throats (even though i LOVE their playful banter) and it was so sincere and genuine

message 13: by Karin Elisabeth (new)

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 49 comments I'm re-reading at the moment, but I never remember the titles of the books - I mix them up constantly.

Anyway there is a scene in the second book when Kate, Derek and Ghastek's vampire come back form the Witche's Oracle. All of a sudden the vampire freezes, Kate and Derek get ready to defend themselves and when asked Ghastek explains, "If you must know I got an espresso and burnt my tongue".
It's so ridiculuous, it has me laughing out loud.

message 14: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments LMAO yes i love that scene xDD

message 15: by AMythicalBeast (new)

AMythicalBeast | 26 comments Josie wrote: "Hehe! I just keep finding really good moments. This is honestly one of my favourites. Poor Jim:

Jim waited for us at the Gold Gate. His teeth were bared. “What happened to barely winning?”
“You..."

Yup, I loved, loved, loved this scene!

Samina The Story Devourer  | 87 comments Oh yeah I love most of Curran and Kate scenes. The phone call from MS, the Jima n Curran conversation in MS. Another one is when Andrea is telling Kate the reasons everyone was giving for fighting in the midnight games and Dali says She was fed up of being treated like she was made of glass and she wanted blood and to kick ass. I was laughing my head off...

message 17: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Kate is hilarious, ahhh I can't wait till Magic Slays comes out!!!!

message 18: by Anika (new)

Anika (teddybear1) | 17 comments I brought all books on itunes and listen so far over and over to the last one. I like the scene in the restaurant when Curran comes in and see Kate with Simon and the fight there after back at her apt were things get hot between them and everything in between until he left the next morning.

Next would be when he woke up from a coma. Where he's happy she stayed and she says always sort of like what he said to her when he rescue her from after the games that he'll always come for her. ahhhhh....

message 19: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments That was so sweet!

message 20: by valee (last edited Feb 18, 2011 10:42AM) (new)

valee I have a scene which was better than all the rest for me.

When Curran woke up and told her like 3 times 'you stayed with me' **sigh** I melt right there!!! Loved it.

Samina The Story Devourer  | 87 comments Lady Vale wrote: "I have a scene which was better than all the rest for me.

When Curran woke up and told her like 3 times 'you stayed with me' **sigh** I melt right there!!! Loved it."

I know... it was so sweet.Curran could not believe that Kate stayed. Curran was aware that given a chance Kate would scamper away as quickly as possible.

message 22: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments The two of them are just so sweet together!!

message 23: by Karin Elisabeth (new)

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 49 comments Samina wrote: "Lady Vale wrote: "I have a scene which was better than all the rest for me.

When Curran woke up and told her like 3 times 'you stayed with me' **sigh** I melt right there!!! Loved it."

I kno..."

I like this scene even better after reading Curran's POV.

message 24: by ൠSinful (new)

ൠSinful  (sinful) | 7 comments 1. "Here kitty, kitty, kitty" especially from Curran's POV

2. Nailed the slut hut shut

Endless giggles. Iliona and Gordon must crack each other up all day long.

message 25: by Mariya (new)

haha. and Curran's like Oh, no! She is retarded and I Am going to kill jim(don't be made if it's not teh exact line, but close enough)...haha. SO DAMN FUNNY!!! I seriously couldn't stop laughing. I love Curran!

message 26: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments LOLL omg yeah I loved that xD