YA Must-Reads discussion

Your Review > Horror Books

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 363 comments Mod
Post your view regarding this topic. =^) We'd love to here your opinion.

message 2: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
all of r.l. stines books were pretty good. i read them when i was like 10 so maybe thats why i was freaked out

message 3: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

pfft

message 4: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments hmm... horror is harder to come by, but there was this book I read once called like Illusima or something like that about a girl who's family was pretty mch slaughtered by illusimi... I dunno if it was online or not though, I just remember telling someone about it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

i love horror!! Gothic was rele gewd, but tat's likee 10 short stories in 1.

message 6: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
dont go pffting me tors! what horror books have you read?

forest of hands and teeth was a good horror book besides the annoying main character...

message 7: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) PET SEMATARY by stephen king. most horrific piece of writing i've read. christine by stephen king is really freaky too, but i stand by pet sematary is the scariest

message 8: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
yea ive heard a lot about stephen king. my neighbor has all his books so im thinking of borrowing some from her stash. i read one of his about the girl who was obsessed with tom gordan (i think.) that was a while ago though. do you enjoy his other books?

message 9: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) es definitely. misery was really good and so was the movie for that matter. carrie was interesting, and dolores claiborne was pretty suspenseful with some disturbing elements. but then again, pretty much all of the stephen king i've read has disturbing elements. i couldn't get through cujo for some reason tho..hmm

message 10: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
oh kujo the crazy dog! yeaa i heard about the movie for that one. my neighbor said after his car accident he kind of mellowed out and his newer ones arent as disturbing. do you agree?

message 11: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) honestly i don't know, i only really read 'classic' stephen king and that was when i was younger so since then my taste in books has changed, but i'll always respect his work. you know of any other good horror writers out there?

message 12: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
um it's definitely hard to find good horror books now because of all the vampire craze (cough cough twilight.) And technically vampires can be considered horror, but in my opinion they're are a whole different genre nowadays. I heard the hollow is pretty good though. I don't know the authors last name but I think her first name is Jessica?

message 13: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) ya jessica verday. perhaps i'll check that out. and speaking of vampires im definitely a fan. i've branched out from twilight now to other (some are better) novels..ahem..after reading the series like 10 times but now im back to normal =)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

pet sematary was a great movie. pet semarary two was a really bad movie though. that's usually what happens when they try to make sequals. i can never find good books that are horror related. orphan was ok. oh, does ghost busters count because it was supposed to be horrorish?!

message 15: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

I'm thinking of reading the Forest of hands and Teeth... I forget which books I read... I really wouldn't call Edgar Allen Poe's stories scary rather than disturbingly funny.

message 16: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
The Forest of Hands and Teeth was ok but the main character was horrible and whiny. I was praying that a zombie would eat her.

message 17: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Then by all means ill read it! I can't remember the last story where i wished death to the main character!

message 18: by Megamarie (new)

Megamarie haha..>! *LOL* tori...same here tori...

message 19: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Haha yes.

message 20: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Hmmm..... Let's see..... This may not be horror but Poe's Tell-tale heart scared me! Well, it was more of creeped out.

message 21: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Neal (kcneal) | 31 comments I've always loved Stephen King. 'Salem's Lot is one of the scariest books I've ever read!

message 22: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Would you call Nevermore a horror book??? It does have to do with Edgar Allen Poe (which I love immensely!! >v<) but I'm not sure it's that dark, like Stephen King's books...?

message 23: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Stephen King is in a league all his own. He's sort of mellowed out (think he had a car accident?) but he still is the King (pun Intended) of horror books.