YA Must-Reads discussion

Your Review > Movies

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (last edited Sep 01, 2010 12:40PM) (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 363 comments Mod
Tell your opinion about a movie that you saw, whether you liked or disliked it. Now, if someone brings up twilight we don't want a war going on, got it?

Transformers: revenge of the fallen was one of my favs

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

the movie i did for my movie review for theatre arts class, Stevie. it was ok. i thought it would be better. it was made in 2004, which is why i don't watch horror movies unless they were made within five years of the year we are currently in.

message 3: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

??? You lost me at the 2004 thing.

WILD HOGS!!!!! Anyone watch it? That or When in Rome?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

never seen when in rome, i didn't like wild hogs, and nevermind about the 2004 thing.

message 5: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

When in rome is pretty funny with all the guys in it, many actors people would recognize.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

interesting

message 7: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Leap Year ... just saying!

message 8: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Oooooooooh! Was it really good??

message 9: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments OMGoodness YES!!!! Gah! Go watch it!

message 10: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Haha, I will!

message 11: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
You've Got Mail (<3 Meg Ryan, but didn't like Sleepless in Seattle)

Harry Potter 5 or 6

message 12: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Camilla!!!! I just watched Leap year... and I loved it!!! The ending was soo funny!

message 13: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

SHERLOCK HOLMES! Great movie.

message 14: by Megamarie (new)

Megamarie i love sherlock holmes tori..i even read his written adventures...*LOL*
well...i like THE LEGION...and SPLICE...you better watch SPLICE it's really cool...and UNDERWORLD>>>>

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

i love like every movie that we've talked about

message 16: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments I want to see Beastly!

message 17: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) I loved Leap Year. Wild Hogs was ok. And Sherlock Holmes was just delightful for us RDJ fans.
I want-need-to see Black Swan, I've heard it's good.

message 18: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Same here Alice! I was told Black Swan was a MUST see!

message 19: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Is beastly out yet???? What's Black Swan about???? Bahhh! I've been reading so much that I've forgotten to catch up on my movies!!!!! >.<

message 20: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) Just saw voyage of the dawn treader... It was pretty good, I think I'm going to go back and reread the books now. I just wish they hadn't added those few extra things in.

message 21: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: I think I had too high expectations. It wasn't well put together.

Is Black Swan the one with Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis?

message 22: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) Patti wrote: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: I think I had too high expectations. It wasn't well put together.

Is Black Swan the one with Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis?"

It wasn't well put together but I wish I could own the malfoy's mannor. It is amazing.

message 23: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Yeah, but it's a bit dark and dreary. Plus, I wouldn't want that crazy lady running around everywhere. *shivers*

Patti wrote: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: I think I had too high expectations. It wasn't well put together.

That's cause it was only one part of the movie! Of course only half of a movie would be bad by itself.

message 24: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (last edited Dec 30, 2010 05:47PM) (new)

LITTLE FOCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3~

message 25: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments @Tori: Here is a link to the trailer on youtube. ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaI1X...

@Patti:Yes, Black Swan is the one with Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis.

message 26: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
It was more of a prelude, not a part 1.

message 27: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Oh, whatever! Same thing.

message 28: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (venio) | 6 comments Patti wrote: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: I think I had too high expectations. It wasn't well put together.

I agree about Harry Potter ... they just changed... everything, really. I just never really understand why they have to change all the small things. On the whole, the movie and book overlap... the huge picture, but .. as far as book and movie comparison.. the movie wasnt good, imo.

And Ive seen Black Swan, it's good.. very artsy feel. It's a psychological thriller. I just thought it was very predictable, but I still liked it.

message 29: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (venio) | 6 comments Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is my favorite movie .. the first time I saw it was after a break up, and I bawledddddd my eyes out. I just find that movie so depressing and I love it.

I thought Inception was amazing as well, Im surprised no one's mentioned it.

On the more chick flick side... I really liked The Notebook, Atonement, A lot like Love, Everafter

Movies I disliked... The Departed, I thought the ending was stupid and a waste of time ... same thing about Tuck Everlasting. Whenever Tuck came out.. I was so passionate about my dislike for that movie, rofl... I just didnt agree with her choice

message 30: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

SHERLOCK HOLMES!!! I can never get enough of it!

message 31: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Haha! So, "I AM NUMBER FOUR" is coming out!!!! I have yet to read the books! I need to get one that!

message 32: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Just saw Easy A. Emma Stone is one of my favorite actresses and she was the main reasons I saw it. It didn't quite live up to expectations. I should just go back to watching Supernatural.

message 33: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Haha! LOVE Supernatural!

message 34: by Erin (new)

Erin Okay so I LOVE the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Anybody else seen it? My dad and I will go around all day quoting that movie. I <3 it!

message 35: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Oh! I saw Easy A too. It was funny. I want to watch is The Social Network.

message 36: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Camilla wrote: "Haha! LOVE Supernatural!"

Finally another fan! I've been watching all the seasons online. Season 3 was sooo funny.

I've heard great reviews for the social network!

message 37: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Erin wrote: "Okay so I LOVE the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Anybody else seen it? My dad and I will go around all day quoting that movie. I <3 it!"

I have seen MP and the HG! It's a little messed up!

@Alice: Easy A was so funny! Loved it. Emma Stone is one of my favorite actors!

@Patti: Haha! I love Dean's witty comebacks to Sam! They are hot and funny!

message 38: by Patti, The Reader (last edited Jan 22, 2011 08:54PM) (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Camilla- some of my fav episodes.
-Bad Day at Black Rock
-Mystery Spot
-Ghostfacers
-Yellow Fever
I wasn't a big fan of season 4 but season 5 looks a bit more entertaining.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail had really ridiculous and funny humor. It was just so strange and outrageous I almost peed my pants watching it.

message 39: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments @Patti: I loved the fact that Dean and Sam went to Fort Wayne, IN in season 1. :D It was the one about the Bloody Mary legend. And I love the Ghostfacers guys! Lol...they are funny!

And Monty Python and the Holy Grail... oh my. It's most def. a pick-me-up when I need a good laugh.

message 40: by Littlebearries (new)

Littlebearries | 4 comments Camilla wrote: "I love the Ghostfacers guys! Lol...they are funny!"

They did a whole series of shorts featuring the Ghostfacers on the CW site at the end of last season... you should see if you can hunt them down if you haven't seen them yet :)
There are 2 full Ghostfacer episodes, and I love them both!

message 41: by Littlebearries (new)

Littlebearries | 4 comments Ok, movies:

1. Inception: The movie was ok, but I LOVED the fight scene with the kid from 3rd Rock fighting in the hallway *swoon*

2. True Grit: LOVED it... and why the heck was the main girl nominated for best SUPPORTING actress. She was the MAIN actress... not to mention the main character.

3. Pillars of the Earth (ok, it's a mini-series, but still) AWESOME.

4. Tron: If you liked the first one... or if you're a fan of 'The Dude'... you'll probably like it.

message 42: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments @Littlebearries: I will have to look into the Ghostfacers things! Thanks!

message 43: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Alex Pettyfer.
I am so excited to know whether or not he'll take Jace's role.

message 44: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Oh yeah! Me too!! Yay!

message 45: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) I know! But have you heard he wants to take a role in 'The Last Aprentice'? So, if he does, he won't be able to do TMI, which is sad.

When does Breaking Dawn comes out?

message 46: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Aw! Well, just so long as I can see him in some way! Heehee! And Breaking Dawn come out on November 17th of this year. I do believe. :D Do you like the movies better than the books?

message 47: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

No. The books are definitely better!

OMG!!!!! I"M BOUNCING OG THE FREAKIN WALLS!!!!!! SHERLOCK HOLMES IS HAVING A SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 48: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Transformers 3! It's about landing on the moon and how it really was about looking at an alien space craft frozen there.

Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides- looking for the fountain of youth.

X-men: First Class

message 49: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Aha! I was right, there is a 3rd transformers! I was saying to people that there definitely would be a third cuz megatron doesn't just say "You'll pay for this" is his "scary" voice and not have a third movie! Take that Mr. Romano! I feel very triumphant now. ^-^

message 50: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Neal (kcneal) | 31 comments Sherlock Holmes sequel????? OMG Tori, you totally made my day - I can't WAIT to see that one!

« previous 1