Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
This topic is about Pretty Little Liars
Pretty Little Liars > Pretty Little Liars - The Show?

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dana (shortie1260) | 11 comments Has anyone seen the Pretty Little Liars show on ABC Family?

I was just wondering if it was any good because this book is amazing. :)

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments The show is really good(: yet it doesn't follow the plot of the series.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I have seen a couple episodes...:)

Tara I love the series. Of course, I love the teen shows. I have read a bit of the book and there are some similarities, but the show definitely is a bit different.

Antonia | 8 comments What day and what time does the show start?

Gloria (gloriastz) I love the show, because of it I started the books. Yes, the story is different, but the actresses are cool and the plot is interesting, although there are huge differences between books and TV show, but that's normal. What a pity that now they have a biiig holiday, new series will premiere in January 2011 :/

Dana (shortie1260) | 11 comments Is the season worth buying? I haven't seen it but I loved the book and it looks really interesting. I just dont know if I should fight for it on Netflix or just go out and buy it. I wish they had it On Demand.

Betsy (betsypie) For once I have to say I prefer the show to the books.

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments Dana wrote: "Is the season worth buying? I haven't seen it but I loved the book and it looks really interesting. I just dont know if I should fight for it on Netflix or just go out and buy it. I wish they ha..."

The first season is all online, like full episodes on abcfamily.com

message 10: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana (shortie1260) | 11 comments Megan wrote: "Dana wrote: "Is the season worth buying? I haven't seen it but I loved the book and it looks really interesting. I just dont know if I should fight for it on Netflix or just go out and buy it. I..."

I looked on their site and I couldn't find the full episodes... am I missing something? I see clips from like all the episodes but not the full thing.

Chantal (tangledbooks) | 8 comments i was watching it and it was pertty good but it hasn't been following the books per-say but its good,it like the vampire diaries it really doesnt follow the book much

Nikki (nikk329) | 32 comments I like how in the tv show Alison's murder was only a year ago instead of the novel's three years. Other than that I love both the show and the book series ( I'm on book 5)

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) I loved the TV show, but for some reason, I had the hardest time getting into the books. Maybe because I know what happens? I had the same problem with True Blood as well. Also, CRAZY cliffhanger they left us at after the tenth episode!

message 14: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
I went online and looked around... I think you can watch the series here and catch up some..

http://www.sidereel.com/Pretty_Little...

message 15: by Nina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nina (parisgirl13) | 3 comments Dana wrote: "Has anyone seen the Pretty Little Liars show on ABC Family?

I was just wondering if it was any good because this book is amazing. :)"

ITS AMAZING. I loved it, its how I got into the books.

message 16: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana (shortie1260) | 11 comments Nina wrote: "Dana wrote: "Has anyone seen the Pretty Little Liars show on ABC Family?

I was just wondering if it was any good because this book is amazing. :)"

ITS AMAZING. I loved it, its how I got into t..."

I just started watching it... only 3 or 4 episodes into it... Is it the first 2 books mixed together? I'm reading Flawless now and there seems to be some of this book in the show. Are the other books in this first season of the show?

message 17: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Good question! I would like to know that too before I start watching the show!

Jessica (bookwormlove666) | 9 comments The first season went to the end of book 4 I believe, there are very few similarities between the books and the show, I kind-of like that though because then I don't always know what's going to happen in the show. The only majorly confusing part for me originally was the characters, the descriptions in the books vs what they look like on the show are like no where near close, but it's not too bad after the first couple episodes. The show is coming back for season two on January 3 2011 (Probably @ 8PM EST based on Season 1, but they may change it since Season 1 was on Tuesdays but 1/3/11 is a Monday).

message 19: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (vickerenallen) Okay, I randomly started watching the show without even reading any of the books, and it is amazing! I'm completely hooked on it, and I can't help thinking about it all the time!

message 20: by Jen (new)

Jen  (jennifer_ashmy) | 10 comments I haven't read the books. But I do watch the show since it started and it is SO good.

message 21: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann (annabell123) | 45 comments Maybe I will watch it when it comes out on dvd, since I want to start from the beginning and don't want to watch it online. Maybe by then I will have read a couple of the books. I already have them all, just have had so many others to read first!

message 22: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Stumpf (astumpf) | 24 comments I started out watching the show and then read the books and the books were so amazing that the plot differences were too frustrating for me to continue to follow the show. So, I no longer watch the show.

Kayla (atekayla) Amy wrote: "I started out watching the show and then read the books and the books were so amazing that the plot differences were too frustrating for me to continue to follow the show. So, I no longer watch the..."

I started watching the show too and then read the books. I loved the books! I'm also frustrated that the show is deviating so far from the original plot, but I still watch the show simply out of interest of where the writers are going with it :)

message 24: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Is season 1 out on DVD yet?

message 25: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Stumpf (astumpf) | 24 comments Angie wrote: "Is season 1 out on DVD yet?"

Idk. I haven't heard anything about it so far. I'll let you know if I run across it:)

Ma. Lalaine (goodreadscomfirelightlalaine) | 1 comments The DVD was out and it is a good buy. I just read the book because I love the show. Maybe also bias because I'm a big fan of Lucy Hale. It is like Gossip Girl meets What you did last summer camp. It is a realistic portrayal of the YA generation. Who is A? In the book it is Mona but I think in the show s/he is completely different. They said the halloween special will give us a clue. I'm still thinking of Mona if Alison doesn't have an evil twin. Happy reading pretty liars!

message 27: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Field (jdfield) | 12 comments I love the TV series, haven't read the books.

message 28: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I can't believe this series is still going strong! Even on the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week!

message 29: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee I started watching the show first out of curiosity and then when I found out it was a series I read them. I don't think I actually finished the series, because she apparently ended the series, but then changed her mind and started writing more. I felt like it was starting to get too overplayed and drawn out and she should have just left it where it was. I really hate that the show does not follow the plot line of the book at all. That's probably why I quit watching it.

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Olsson | 9 comments The TV serie is refreshing and (from what I've heard) completley different from the books. Do watch the serie! :)

Laura aka Lolo Love the tv show. I have book one but haven't read it yet. The show is definitely a must watch.

message 32: by Makaila (new)

Makaila | 4 comments The show Is amazing. I can't wait until the new season.