Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Women of the West series

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica (new)

Monica | 18 comments I don't know if series should go in here or not yet but I'll put it in the request and someone wants to play that would be great. I am talked about Janette Oke's Women of the West series http://www.goodreads.com/series/40894... It has #1, #2 and #10 listed

Here is #3 Roses for Mama

#4A Woman Named Damaris

#5 They Called Her Mrs. Doc

#6 The Measure of a Heart

#7 A Bride for Donnigan

#8 Heart of the Wilderness

#9 Too Long a Stranger

#11 A Gown of Spanish Lace

There also may be some combine issues and some books that have 3 of the series in them but I don't know what to do with them, am not a librarian and will leave this mess in someone else's capable hands. Thank you in advance.

message 2: by willaful (last edited Sep 01, 2010 09:52AM) (new)

willaful I'll take it. Thanks for putting all the info out there so clearly.

message 3: by willaful (new)

willaful Okay, done. But working on it brought up another issue (what a surprise!)

Some of Oke's books were co-written by T. Davis Bunn, who at some point dropped the T. and is currently writing under the name Davis Bunn. Should I add the other name to all his books or is there a simpler way of dealing with it?

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42443 comments Mod
I'd go for merging the two versions, probably into the one he's currently using, sans T.

message 5: by willaful (new)

willaful My aching thumb thank you. :-)

message 6: by Monica (new)

Monica | 18 comments Thanks!

message 7: by Phil (new)

Phil (notacat) | 37 comments rivka wrote: "I'd go for merging the two versions, probably into the one he's currently using, sans T."

In light of previous discussion about J.D. Robb, might I suggest adjusting those books where that initial initial (yikes!) occurs to show the "full name, including initial" in the role, thus:
Davis Bunn (as T. Davis Bunn)

(…and yes, I know I'm being slow about adjusting all those J.D. Robb books, for which I apologise and plead huge quantities and insufficient spare time.)

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42443 comments Mod
That's a good idea, Phil.