Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
This topic is about Pretty Little Liars
Pretty Little Liars > Who's reading along?

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Who is joining us in reading Pretty Little Liars?

Lani (crahfty) I was able to get it on audiobook from my library last week, so I'm done!

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments Read the entire series(:

message 4: by Carri (new)

Carri (carrifedor) Are these books old enough that I can find it at the library? I don't like to buy them until i know that i love them.

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments Yeah they should be in libraries(: But I assure you, you'll love them

Dana (shortie1260) | 11 comments Carri wrote: "Are these books old enough that I can find it at the library? I don't like to buy them until i know that i love them."

Buy them! You WILL LOVE them! They are so addicting!

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 40 comments Dana wrote: "Carri wrote: "Are these books old enough that I can find it at the library? I don't like to buy them until i know that i love them."

Buy them! You WILL LOVE them! They are so addicting!"

a g r e e d ! !

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 01, 2010 12:22PM) (new)

I read the first and second one...haha, too inappropriate for me. Ironic that I'm the discussion leader though, eh? >.<

Amanda (writers_soul) I have read the first one and really want to read the second one, so I'll join in on discussions.

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 127 comments I have read Pretty Little Liars and just got flawless. I will take place in the discussion of the first book. :)

message 11: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I am still waiting for my copy! BOO! I am number 25...hoping to get it before the end of the month.

Gloria (gloriastz) Hey, me too, I'm currently reading "Wicked", but they're so interesting, I think I'll finish them soon :D

message 13: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana (shortie1260) | 11 comments LunaBeth wrote: "I read the first and second one...haha, too inappropriate for me. Ironic that I'm the discussion leader though, eh? >.<"

Why are they too inappropriate?

Betsy (betsypie) Just finished it! I can't wait to discuss!

alisonwonderland (Alison) | 30 comments The "hold" list at my library is very long, but as soon as the book becomes available, I'll be reading along.

Katia | 1 comments i am almost done!!

Martina (corrupted94) | 11 comments I love these books.I just finished the fourth book- Unbelievable and I totally loved it.

message 18: by Tara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara I am just about finished with it. I am enjoying the book, but I don't know. I do get a little annoyed with books that have too many brand names forced into them. I know it is for Teens, but really. Overlooking that I am enjoying the story... and will read more of the series.

message 19: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby i loved the book icant wait to read the 2nd one thanks sara for letting me borrow your book (finish the second one so can read it please)

message 20: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

What do you guys think of the covers?

message 21: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Honestly, this cover would have never compelled me to read this book. I just don't find an image of a Barbie doll that enticing.

message 22: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) Tatiana wrote: "Honestly, this cover would have never compelled me to read this book. I just don't find an image of a Barbie doll that enticing."

I agree, but maybe after I read the book, I'll think the image fits. I'm not sure it's a book I'll like. There's a hundred holds at my library, so I'm not holding out hope that I'll get it before the end of the month.

message 23: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Annalisa, I am still waiting for my copy too.

I have very low expectations of it though, based on the reviews I've read so far.

message 24: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) Yeah, me too. It's why it took me so long to put it on hold. If it doesn't come in in time, I won't be that broken hearted.

Aimee (abookdork) I honestly didn't think I would enjoy this book as much as I did, but it surprised me. I even read the second book.

Chloe (chloebooklover) I'm reading along! I'm on page 100 and hope to finish it soon :)

Grace (gdaminato) | 520 comments I just finished reading it...and have mixed feelings about it. For the most part I enjoyed it.

message 28: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Halligan (bookandlatte) | 13 comments I finished it in 2 days! I have mixed feelings about it as well. It was a fun, quick read and I do want to read the 2nd book... but like other reviews/discussions about this book, I think I'm going to be frustrated with having to read 8 books to know what the "Jenna Thing" is...

Deborah Mine just got transferred today to my library. I'll be reading it for October

message 30: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana (shortie1260) | 11 comments Jen wrote: "I finished it in 2 days! I have mixed feelings about it as well. It was a fun, quick read and I do want to read the 2nd book... but like other reviews/discussions about this book, I think I'm going..."

You find out in book 2... or at least most of it.

Courtney (cklueh) About a week left, and I'm still #11 on the holds list at the library. We only have one copy, now b/c one went "missing."

message 32: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Finally got my copy! Looks like the library must've ordered more copies!

Elisha Karr (elishakarr) I read it this weekend and loved it can't wait to read the rest of the series

message 34: by Dana (new)

Dana Wright | 16 comments Tried to listen to it last week, but didn't really get into it. I did love the October selection though. :)

message 35: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

So far I am enjoying this book. I am about to start chapter 11. I think it's kinda neat to read each girl's story!