Tess Gerritsen Fans discussion

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have had this book since March 2010 and reading it now. It is great. I am just on page 100 but it is keeping me on my toes.

message 2: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 568 comments Mod
I listened to it on audio in 2006 while working my data entry job at the post office but I don't remember much. My favorite stand-alone is The Bone Garden. Tess's earlier stand-alones seem very similar to Robin Cook.

message 3: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (last edited Apr 18, 2011 08:55PM) (new)

Life Support will be featured as a group read May 15th - June 15th! Join us & share your thoughts about the book if you're interested :-)
Life Support by Tess Gerritsen
Life Support by Tess Gerritsen

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina | 19 comments Started this book on Monday and finished it Wednesday night. I couldn't put it down! It was when Toby called home and left the message with Jane that I finally figured out how the three story lines were going to come together. I am a fan of Gerritsen's Rizzoli and Isles books, but I think I liked this stand alone even better than a couple in that series. I would highly recommend this book!!!

message 5: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Christina wrote: "I am a fan of Gerritsen's Rizzoli and Isles books, but I think I liked this stand alone even better than a couple in that series. I would highly recommend this book!!!"

High Praise! I'll have to check the book out :-)

message 6: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) I kept thinking Coma while I was reading this. Female Dr. suspects something is up and those higher up spend a lot of resources discrediting her. I liked it. I have now read ALL of Tess's books and am waiting for the new one to come out.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I am currently reading Now & Then by John Locke. When I finish this evening or tomorrow I will start Life Support on this group read. When I read this book last year I thought it was great.

message 8: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

I decided I'll just listen to the abridged audio book because I'll never make the time to read the book in the next couple of weeks. I would prefer unabridged but abridged is the only format available at the library.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I have started Life Support!

message 10: by Tracy (new)

Tracy I have finished the book and it was a good read. My favorite of Tess's is still Ice Cold and my favorite stand alone is Bone Garden but I really did like this as well. It didn't take long at all to finish it.

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 18 comments I never read that book

message 12: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Christine wrote: "I never read that book"

Maybe you'll consider reading it sometime.

You could always wait until it's chosen as a group read and have other people to discuss Life Support with who are reading at the same time.

Life Support reminds me of Robin Cook's writing. Both Cook and Gerritsen have professional medical experience and became authors of some great fiction and covering some controversial subject matter. I haven't read Robin Cook in quite a while.

message 13: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis (phyllisbrannin) I really liked this one. Was one of my favorites. If you like this one you will really like Harvest.

message 14: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Phyllis wrote: "I really liked this one. Was one of my favorites. If you like this one you will really like Harvest."

FYI Harvest is our May/June 2013 Group Read so, now
s a great time to give Harvest a try!