Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > September - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 271 (271 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments I started Lara Adrian's Shades of Midnight about an hour ago when walking the dog :) What's everyone else reading?

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) I'm reading Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory and I'm really enjoying it. I have to say I'm a little surprised how good it is.

Macwolf01 [Elise] (macwolf01) | 1012 comments I started Fish Out of Water (Fred the Mermaid, #3) by MaryJanice Davidson this morning but now its shower & off to work time :0(

message 4: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I started Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4) by Lisa Kleypas . It going great!

message 5: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments D.G. wrote: "I started Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4) by Lisa Kleypas. It going great!"

D.G., I ordered Married by Morning and Love in the Afternoon (+ a few others) from Book Depository a couple of weeks ago and am rather impatiently waiting for my order to arrive :) I enjoy Lisa Kleypas' books.

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri (brookfield) I started reading a few days ago once and always by judith Mcnaught i hope that is the right author It pretty goods but I have read better I order whitney my love I heard a lot about that.

message 7: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Mel W wrote: "D.G., I ordered Married by Morning and Love in the Afternoon (+ a few others) from Boo..."

MbM is a hoot. Leo is the wittiest hero I've ever seen.

message 8: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) Currently reading a non-fiction - Kitchen Confidential Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly (updated edition) by Anthony Bourdain . Love his tv show!

Next I think I will read Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) by Larissa Ione .

message 10: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments D.G. wrote: "MbM is a hoot. Leo is the wittiest hero I've ever seen."

I read an excerpt from MbM on LK's website and I loved it. I'm thinking I may have to re-read the first three books while I'm waiting :)

message 11: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) reading Lie Down In Roses Lie Down In Roses by Shannon Drake

message 12: by colleen (new)

colleen (colleenfl) | 458 comments I'm reading Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill . I'm enjoying it.

message 13: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I just finished that last weekend Colleen. I thought it was pretty good.

message 14: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I'm over halfway through Sins of the Heart by Eve Silver, a third of the way through The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley, nearly finished a reread of Dark Lover by JR Ward, and will start Midnight Crystal by Jayne Castle and Holiday Grind by Cleo Coyle this week.

message 15: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 822 comments Currently reading: Another One Bites the Dust (Jaz Parks, #2) by Jennifer Rardin When Blood Calls (The Shadow Keepers, #1) by J.K. Beck

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Just finished rereading Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3) by Loretta Chase for my SRC Comfort Read... I adore this book:-)

message 17: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 766 comments I'm in the middle of reading Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep . I'm not thrilled about it yet; it seems to be slow even though there's plenty of action.

Next up is Wanderlust (Sirantha Jax, #2) by Ann Aguirre , which I'm really looking forward to.

message 18: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments ahh, Melanie...why do I foresee you finishing the challenge...lol!!

i'm reading Cut & Run for the baseball one in the SRC challenge (might also use it as my reader's pick read)...then the next BDB, Lover Unbound and the next LOTU, The Darkest Pleasure and listening to The Dark Highlander on the Ipod (Sense and Sensibility will be up next for that)

Melanie wrote: "Just finished rereading Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3) by Loretta Chase for my SRC Comfort Read... I adore this book:-)"

message 19: by Melanie (last edited Sep 01, 2010 01:30PM) (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Delicious Dee the book slut wrote: "ahh, Melanie...why do I foresee you finishing the challenge...lol!!"

I didn't finish the Summer one, I was too disorganized... But I've gotten a pretty good list going for this one:-) I hope I'll manage to finish!

So KMM is good on audio?

message 20: by Diane T. (new)

Diane T. (tickledpink49) | 254 comments Anyone that knows me wouldn't even bother asking...lol. Christine Feehan just released a new one. In other words I'm reading Dark Peril by the stupendous awesome Christine Feehan. It came out 8/31 but I didn't get a chance to start it until today.

message 21: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Just finished Winter Roses (Long, Tall Texans) (Harlequin Romance #3985) by Diana Palmer , and was pretty disappointed (first time this happens with a DP)... 3-3.5*
I just thought the usual DP angst was missing:-(

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 367 comments I'm reading Mockingjay

message 23: by Melanie (last edited Sep 01, 2010 05:58PM) (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Read Fit For A King (Mira) by Diana Palmer , gave it 3.5-4* because I didn't appreciate King's attitude to Elissa when he was still mixed up with another woman... Now started Gotcha! by Christie Craig for the SRC challenge... looks like a fun read, I'm 30 pages in and the heroine has already kneed the hero in the family jewels:-)

message 24: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 1709 comments I started Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas this afternoon. I'm looking forward to getting further into it and seeing how LK redeems Sebastian.
Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

message 25: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "I started Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas this afternoon. I'm looking forward to getting further into it and seeing how LK redeems Sebastian.
Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas"

Oooh.. He's one of LK's best heroes, enjoy!!!!:-)

message 26: by Kate (new)

Kate (literarykate) | 109 comments Just finished One Dance with a Duke (which I loved!) and starting A Kiss at Midnight tonight.

One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1) by Tessa Dare A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James

message 27: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments uh-huh...phil gigante is a god! lol!! or to quote myself, phil gigante makes me go all squishy inside!

Melanie wrote: "Delicious Dee the book slut wrote: "ahh, Melanie...why do I foresee you finishing the challenge...lol!!"

I didn't finish the Summer one, I was too disorganized... But I've gotten a pretty good l..."

message 28: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments Finished Owls Well That Ends Well Owls Well That Ends Well (Meg Langslow, #6) by Donna Andrews . I'm not sure how a garage sale turned into a murder scene and developed into a weekend long carnival with funnel cakes and sno-cones, but Meg's family made it somehow believable.

Still in the middle of Unholy Ghosts Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane . Haven't done much reading today. Just finished making my Chocolate Chai cupcakes, so I'll probably get a little reading in before sleeping.

message 29: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments Chocolate Chai cupcakes - mmmm, sound delicious! Gonna share?

:)

message 30: by D.G. (last edited Sep 02, 2010 03:55AM) (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I finished Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4) by Lisa Kleypas last night. Great start to the month!

Next, I'll start: Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione . I'm soo looking forward to this!

message 31: by Terri (new)

Terri (brookfield) just finished once and always great ending I want to read a woman of substance read it once before great book has a sequel also. going to try it again.

message 32: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Haven't started a book yet for September. : (

Debating between Fire Study or Virgin River.

message 33: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Read Gotcha! (Love Spell) by Christie Craig last night, awesome and hilarious book (with a good dose of angst at the end), 5*.... and just finished Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James , another light and easy read: 4-4.5*

Now wondering what to read next...

message 34: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments Finished City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare , disturbing ending. I'm now reading Summer of the Dragon by Elizabeth Peters .

message 35: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments Mel W wrote: "Chocolate Chai cupcakes - mmmm, sound delicious! Gonna share?

:)"

Sure, Have a virtual cupcake, chai buttercream icing optional. Mmmmm! Smell that cardamom. Best. Spice. Ever. And just slightly less intense, the smell of dark chocolate mixed with cinnamon and cloves. And since it's virtual, you don't have to worry about all the calories and fat from 3 sticks of butter and 8 eggs that went into the batter alone. ;)

message 36: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Melanie wrote: "Read Gotcha! (Love Spell) by Christie Craig last night, awesome and hilarious book (with a good dose of angst at the end), 5*.... and just finished Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James, another light an..."

You know I can always decide for you Melanie! :p

Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James :) City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare are on my 'soon' list - meaning, that I'll order them soon!

message 37: by Dija (new)

Dija Currently reading Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2) by Jennifer Estep I loved the first book, so I'm pretty sure this one will be amazing as well.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 957 comments I finally started this Legacies (Shadow Grail, #1) by Mercedes Lackey last night. I have the arc to this even though it had already come out.

message 39: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Still working on the book that will not be named because I just can't seem to finish it... but when I am done I'm going to start The Highlander (Mira Historical Romance) by Elaine Coffman instead of How to Dazzle a Duke (The Courtesan Chronicles, #4) by Claudia Dain !! I'm so glad that the long weekend is coming up so I can get ahead in my challenges!!

message 40: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments D.G. wrote: " You know I can always decide for you Melanie! :p..."

Lol.. True:-) I ended up reading Changeless (The Parasol Protectorate, #2) by Gail Carriger for the SRC challenge, and I'm now starting Promise Me Tonight A Weston Novel by Sara Lindsey , which I can also put in the SRC challenge, yay:-) I hope it's good!:-)

message 41: by Gloria (new)

Gloria (gloriastz) | 25 comments I'm currently reading Lord of the Flies by William Golding and Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5) by Sara Shepard :)))

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 808 comments I put down Defending Angels (Beaufort & Company, #1) by Mary Stanton and started reading A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole

message 43: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Finished Promise Me Tonight A Weston Novel by Sara Lindsey , enjoyed it very much, 5*... Now I need to buy the 2nd book, lol..

Hesitating between Divorced, Desperate and Deceived by Christie Craig Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James and Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina, #1) by Lori Foster ... DG?:-p

message 44: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments LOL! I haven't read any of those, Melanie! I'd say go with Christie Craig because I think you've read the two other authors recently. :)

message 45: by D.G. (last edited Sep 03, 2010 09:59AM) (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I just finished Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione which was good but there were too many freaking people. I think everybody that even breathed in the other 3 books made an appearance (and had pages and pages devoted to them) and like 3 new guys showed up screaming, I'll have a book soon!

Sin also annoyed the heck out me. I was planning to start her book next but I think I need a break from her. Don't know what to pick up next.

message 46: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments D.G. wrote: "I just finished Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione which was good but there were too many freaking people. I think everybody that even breathed in the other 3 books made an appearance (and had pa..."

What about Loretta Chase's new book Last Night's Scandal (Carsington Brothers, #5) by Loretta Chase ? I read it 2 days ago and really enjoyed it:-) Otherwise, you always have Beatrix and Christopher.. Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5) by Lisa Kleypas is also great and funny:-)

message 47: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Thanks Melanie! I think I'll go with Beatrix and Christopher. I read Leo & Cat's story just before the Demonica book and I'm dying to get back to that series!

message 48: by Ronyell (last edited Sep 04, 2010 01:56AM) (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 499 comments I am currently reading Nobody's Darling Nobody's Darling by Teresa Medeiros and so far it is pretty good!

message 49: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments D.G. wrote: "Thanks Melanie! I think I'll go with Beatrix and Christopher. I read Leo & Cat's story just before the Demonica book and I'm dying to get back to that series!"

Hope you like them:-) I finished Divorced, Desperate and Deceived (Divorced, #3) by Christie Craig ... Not my favorite CC, but a light read... 4 stars:-) I'm going off grid till Monday, it's my bf's bday, and I don't think I should be sneaking off to read a couple chapters in my latest book, lol:-)

message 50: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments do you like the CC books? i'm using the first one in the SRC challenge (the spell your name in a book title)

Melanie wrote: "D.G. wrote: "Thanks Melanie! I think I'll go with Beatrix and Christopher. I read Leo & Cat's story just before the Demonica book and I'm dying to get back to that series!"

Hope you like them:-)..."

« previous 1 3 4 5 6