Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > September 2010 Purchases

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Joseph (last edited Sep 01, 2010 07:10AM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1864 comments Mod
On to September we go, let's hear what you've bought.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I'm getting ready to buy some books

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I pre-ordered Zero History, which should be out on the 10th.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) So far I bought Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper A Quick Bite (Argeneau, #1) by Lynsay Sands The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros

message 5: by Michelle (last edited Sep 01, 2010 02:21PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I had an ebay purchase waiting for me when I got home today:
Legend of the Jade Dragon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #2) by Yasmine Galenorn Ghost of a Chance (Chintz 'n China, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn Witchling (Sisters of the Moon, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn Night Huntress (Sisters of the Moon, #5)  by Yasmine Galenorn

and an Amazon purchase:

Playing Easy to Get (Includes Immortals After Dark, #1; Vikings Underground, #3; B.A.D., #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dragon Song by Jordyn Tracey

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) So far with this pay check I bought nine books 6 last month and 3 this month

message 7: by Batsap (new)

Batsap | 117 comments Just ordered Heartstone by C.J. Sansom from Amazon. Can't wait for it to arrive! I went out this morning to buy it, but it was already sold out at my local bookstore.

message 8: by Pinky_rocks (new)

Pinky_rocks | 11 comments I got True Green Home 100 Inspirational Ideas for Creating a Green Environment at Home by Kim Mckay so far

and I'm waiting for Absalom, Absalom! by William Faulkner Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan and 200 Projects to Get You Into Art School by Valerie Colston

message 9: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) (last edited Sep 02, 2010 07:06AM) (new)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I bought some more
The Rest Falls Away (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Colleen Gleason Be Mine Tonight (Brotherhood of Blood, #1) by Kathryn Smith Witchling (Sisters of the Moon, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn

message 10: by LooLoo (new)

LooLoo I stopped at the ubs and found Blood from Stone (Retrievers, #6) by Laura Anne Gilman for $1. Couldn't pass that up. Then I found Jinx (Bigtime, #3) by Jennifer Estep for $1 at the Dollar Store. Not a bad way to start the month!

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments LooLoo wrote: "I stopped at the ubs and found Blood from Stone (Retrievers, #6) by Laura Anne Gilman for $1. Couldn't pass that up. Then I found Jinx (Bigtime, #3) by Jennifer Estep for $1 at the Dollar Store. Not a bad way to start the month!"

Great finds! I'm going to the Dollar Store right now!

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I don't know how I missed it on my way in from work, but my other ebay purchase was outside:

The Iron Hunt (Hunter Kiss Series #1) by Marjorie M. Liu Darkness Calls by Marjorie M. Liu A Wild Light (Hunter Kiss, #3) by Marjorie M. Liu

message 13: by LooLoo (new)

LooLoo Michelle - Dollar General had it for $1.25 too. They had quite a few books for $1.25 at the Dollar General Marketplace where my dad lives.

message 14: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments Okay, last month I was fairly good in only spending $3.00 at a book fair for 2 books. Today I went to Borders with a 40% coupon bought 1022 Evergreen Place by Debbie Macomber and from the clearance rack I got a signed copy hardback of The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb for $5.99.

message 15: by Valorie (new)

Valorie ☪☠Lizz☠☪ wrote: "I bought some more
The Rest Falls Away (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Colleen GleasonBe Mine Tonight (Brotherhood of Blood, #1) by Kathryn SmithWitchling (Sisters of the Moon, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn"

I really enjoyed Be Mine Tonight. Hope you like it as well!

message 16: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I went to the ubs and B&N yesterday and bought...
Real Vampires Live Large (Glory St. Clair, #2) by Gerry Bartlett Real Vampires Get Lucky (Glory St. Clair, #3) by Gerry Bartlett Time For Eternity (Da Vinci Time Travel, #1) by Susan Squires French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2) by Elise Hyatt Black Swan Rising by Lee Carroll

I received from half.com today...
Darker Angels (The Black Sun's Daughter, #2) by M.L.N. Hanover Fangs For The Memories (Young Brothers, #1) by Kathy Love The Accidental Sorcerer (Rogue Agent, #1) by K.E. Mills How to Host a Killer Party (Party Planning Mystery, #1) by Penny Warner

message 17: by Joseph (last edited Sep 04, 2010 07:21PM) (new)

I couldn't resist, I just had to take advantage of Half Price's Labor Day Sale. I had a blast :-) The Knocker on Death's Door (Felse, #10) by Ellis Peters A Nice Derangement of Epitaphs (Felse, #4) by Ellis Peters You're So Vein (The Others, #7) by Christine Warren Die for Love by Elizabeth Peters The Jackal's Head by Elizabeth Peters Borrower of the Night (Vicky Bliss, #1) by Elizabeth Peters The Night of Four Hundred Rabbits by Elizabeth Peters Street of the Five Moons (Vicky Bliss, #2) by Elizabeth Peters Summer of the Dragon by Elizabeth Peters Birth of the Chess Queen A History by Marilyn Yalom I've been looking for this one for a while -> Dwarfs (The Enchanted World Series) by Time-Life Books

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I received another amazon order:

Come With Me by J.S. Hawley

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Valorie wrote: "☪☠Lizz☠☪ wrote: "I bought some more
The Rest Falls Away (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Colleen GleasonBe Mine Tonight (Brotherhood of Blood, #1) by Kathryn SmithWitchling (Sisters of the Moon, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn"

I really enjoyed Be Mine Tonight. Hope you ..."

I can't wait to start it

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Valorie wrote: "I went to the ubs and B&N yesterday and bought...
Real Vampires Live Large (Glory St. Clair, #2) by Gerry BartlettReal Vampires Get Lucky (Glory St. Clair, #3) by Gerry BartlettTime For Eternity (Da Vinci Time Travel, #1) by Susan Squires[bookcover:French Polish..."

I really like Glory st Claire series

message 21: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) (last edited Sep 05, 2010 10:18AM) (new)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I just bought from Borders
Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Blonde With a Wand (Babes-on-Brooms, #1) by Vicki Lewis Thompson Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1) by Christine Feehan

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

My partner encouraged me to pick up City of Ashes and City of Glass on sale so I can plow through the trilogy when I have a long airport layover later this fall.

message 23: by Joseph (last edited Sep 05, 2010 02:08PM) (new)

Received a delivery from Thriftsbooks.com: Cover-up Mystery at the Super Bowl by John Feinstein and ...Or Not? by Brian Mandabach which suprisingling arrived autographed by the author, Brian Mandabach

message 24: by Valorie (new)

Valorie ☪☠Lizz☠☪ wrote: "Valorie wrote: "I went to the ubs and B&N yesterday and bought...
Real Vampires Live Large (Glory St. Clair, #2) by Gerry BartlettReal Vampires Get Lucky (Glory St. Clair, #3) by Gerry BartlettTime For Eternity (Da Vinci Time Travel, #1) by Susan Squires[bookc..."

Oh good! I still need to pick up the 1st book in the series before I start it!

message 25: by Valorie (last edited Sep 05, 2010 08:15PM) (new)

Valorie FYI to everyone, I was a very bad girl and just spent $60 on books over at betterworldbooks.com - they are having a labor day sale, 4 used books for $10 and free shipping. I guess I got a little carried away!

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Valorie wrote: "☪☠Lizz☠☪ wrote: "Valorie wrote: "I went to the ubs and B&N yesterday and bought...
Real Vampires Live Large (Glory St. Clair, #2) by Gerry BartlettReal Vampires Get Lucky (Glory St. Clair, #3) by Gerry Bartlett[bookcover:Time For Eternit..."

I have all of them and they all are signed

message 27: by Rosalie (new)

Rosalie Sambuco I am planning to go to Half-Priced books today. They are having a 20% off sale. Of course I don't need another book....but why pass up a bargain?

message 28: by Joseph (last edited Sep 06, 2010 09:34AM) (new)

Rosalie wrote: "I am planning to go to Half-Priced books today. They are having a 20% off sale. Of course I don't need another book....but why pass up a bargain?"

Absolutely right. In fact, I just got back from there, again. I went on Saturday as well, but this time I brought in some old magazines and a couple of books to sell. I thought I'd only get a buck or two and was pleasantly surprised they gave me $10! So of course I had to go and spend some of it. :-) I picked up two more books,

One Bite With A Stranger (The Others, #6) by Christine Warren & Naked Once More by Elizabeth Peters , for four dollars. That brings me to a total of 15 new books so far this month.

message 29: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Sep 06, 2010 09:34AM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Bi-annual FOL Buck a Bag Sale Update

Hehe. Ok so I have worked at the Friends BS a year and have avoided 3 major Buck a bag sales. I went to this one only b/c I had an order on hold waiting for me at the BS. I am in a reading challenge to read books to movies. I choose all S.King books b/c I:

a] never read his books
b] know about all his books are movies

Here is my take:
Night's Kiss (My Night, #1) by Amanda Ashley Mystic River by Dennis Lehane Gone South by Robert R. McCammon Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1) by Christine Feehan Black Blood (The Last Vampire, #2) by Christopher Pike Chain Letter 2 The Ancient Evil by Christopher Pike The Lost Mind by Christopher Pike Hanging Time (April Woo Suspense Novels) by Leslie Glass The Presence by Heather Graham The Immortal by Christopher Pike The Dead Room (Harrison Investigation series) by Heather Graham The Ruins by Scott B. Smith The Green Mile The Complete Serial Novel by Stephen King Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King The Dead Zone by Stephen King Salem's Lot by Stephen King Carrie by Stephen King The Stand by Stephen King Needful Things by Stephen King Dreamcatcher by Stephen King 1000 Dreams Interpreted by Michael Powell Naughty or Nice by Eric Jerome Dickey The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger American Gods by Neil Gaiman Cujo by Stephen King

All for $4.00

message 30: by Joseph (last edited Sep 06, 2010 09:51AM) (new)

Sizzlin Miss Kenjii wrote: "Bi-annual FOL Buck a Bag Sale Update

Hehe. Ok so I have worked at the Friends BS a year and have avoided 3 major Buck a bag sales. I went to this one only b/c I had an order on hold waiting for m...

All for $4.00 "

Well that certainly trumps the two I got for four dollars at Half Price. Nice haul! :-)

message 31: by Sue (last edited Sep 06, 2010 10:39AM) (new)

Sue (suetinge) My library has all the FOL sale books listed as half price right now. I'm quite sure I'll come home with some tomorrow. Who can pass up paperbacks, in good shape, for a quarter and hardbacks for either fifty cents or a dollar.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I just got back from Half Price and bought
The Vampire's Bride (Atlantis, #4) by Gena Showalter A Very Gothic Christmas (Includes Christmas, #1) by Christine Feehan Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Night Myst (Indigo Court, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Jazz Tremaine, #1) by Linda Wisdom The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld, #3) by Gena Showalter

message 33: by LooLoo (last edited Sep 06, 2010 12:18PM) (new)

LooLoo Valorie wrote: "FYI to everyone, I was a very bad girl and just spent $60 on books over at betterworldbooks.com - they are having a labor day sale, 4 used books for $10 and free shipping. I guess I got a little ca..."

Thanks Valorie, I just placed an order. Never ordered from them before.

message 34: by Valorie (new)

Valorie LooLoo wrote: "Valorie wrote: "FYI to everyone, I was a very bad girl and just spent $60 on books over at betterworldbooks.com - they are having a labor day sale, 4 used books for $10 and free shipping. I guess ..."

No problem! Glad someone else could get a good deal!

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) went to half price again and bought
Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

message 36: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments Sizzlin Miss Kenjii wrote: "Bi-annual FOL Buck a Bag Sale Update

Hehe. Ok so I have worked at the Friends BS a year and have avoided 3 major Buck a bag sales. I went to this one only b/c I had an order on hold waiting for m..."

All of those for just $4?! I was planning on skipping a monthly FOL sale, but now you've got me all pumped up. I probably won't even be able to sleep until after the booksale this Saturday, LOL!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic ☪☠Lizz☠☪ wrote: "I just got back from Half Price and bought
The Vampire's Bride (Atlantis, #4) by Gena ShowalterA Very Gothic Christmas (Includes Christmas, #1) by Christine FeehanPleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa IoneNight Myst (Indigo Court, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn[bookc..."

PNR is always a plus in my book ;)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Sue T wrote: "My library has all the FOL sale books listed as half price right now. I'm quite sure I'll come home with some tomorrow. Who can pass up paperbacks, in good shape, for a quarter and hardbacks for ei..."

Oh yes if it weren't for the Buck a bag sale we would be doing 50% off too,this first SAT.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I love PnR and what does FOL mean?

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Joseph wrote: "Sizzlin Miss Kenjii wrote: "Bi-annual FOL Buck a Bag Sale Update

Hehe. Ok so I have worked at the Friends BS a year and have avoided 3 major Buck a bag sales. I went to this one only b/c I had ..."

Thanks I do hope I enjoy a couple. Esp the S.King books =D

message 41: by Joseph (new)

☪☠Lizz☠☪ wrote: "I love PnR and what does FOL mean?"

FOL = Friends of the Library :-)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Joseph wrote: "☪☠Lizz☠☪ wrote: "I love PnR and what does FOL mean?"

FOL = Friends of the Library :-)"

thank you

message 43: by Sue (new)

Sue (suetinge) I picked up I'Ll Be Seeing You by Mary Higgins Clark Mistletoe Man (China Bayles, #9) by Susan Wittig Albert and The Raven in the Foregate The Twelfth Chronicle of Brother Cadfael by Ellis Peters at the FOL sale for a quarter each.

message 45: by Joseph (new)

Picked up An Artificial Night (October Daye, #3) by Seanan McGuire at Borders with a 33% off coupon and a $5 gift card so it cost me all of 81 cents. :-)

message 46: by Sue (new)

Sue (suetinge) Great deal, Joseph.

message 47: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I received a half.com order....

Dark Water Dive (Underwater Investigation, #2) by Kathy Brandt Happy Hour at Casa Dracula (Casa Dracula, #1) by Marta Acosta To Tame a Highland Warrior (Highlander, #2) by Karen Marie Moning A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1) by Tracy Madison

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I just ordered from Amazon

The Kitchen Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #1)  by Annette Blair The Haunted (The Hollow, #2) by Jessica Verday Jennifer's Body by Audrey Nixon My Immortal (Seven Deadly Sins, #1) by Erin McCarthy Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent

message 49: by Kris (new)

Kris H. | 1 comments So far I've bought No Mercy (Dark-Hunter, #19) (Were-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) by Larissa Ione Chosen (Anna Strong Chronicles, #6) by Jeanne C. Stein Born to Bite by Lynsay Sands Renegade (Elite Ops, #5) by Lora Leigh Happily Even After by Lena Matthews The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson

message 50: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I went to a FOL sale in Sacramento and then to a ubs there and came back with....

Careful What You Wish For (Signet Eclipse) by Lucy Finn Bitten and Smitten (Immortality Bites, #1) by Michelle Rowen Kiss Me Forever / Love Me Forever (The Vampire Series, #1-2) by Rosemary Laurey Wilderness by Dennis Danvers Night Tides (Lady of the Lakes) by Alex Prentiss Carnal Sin (The Seven Deadly Sins, #2) by Allison Brennan Undone (Outcast Season, #1) by Rachel Caine Brimstone Kiss (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, Book 2) by Carole Nelson Douglas Beyond The Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #6) by Alexandra Ivy Running Scared (Sentinel Wars, #3) by Shannon K. Butcher Stealing Kathryn (Gatherers, #2) by Jacquelyn Frank Daemons Are Forever (Secret Histories, #2) by Simon R. Green A Kiss Before the Apocalypse (Remy Chandler, #1) by Thomas E. Sniegoski A Stroke of Magic (Magic, #2) by Tracy Madison A Breath of Magic (Magic, #3) by Tracy Madison Succubi Like It Hot (Succubus Diaries, #2) by Jill Myles Chain Reaction by Dee Davis No Chance by Christy Reece Dead Even (Dead series) by Mariah Stewart Whisper of Warning by Laura Griffin Played by Barbara Freethy Dead Air (A Talk Radio Mystery, #1) by Mary Kennedy No Rest for the Wiccan (A Bewitching Mystery, #4) by Madelyn Alt Three Dirty Women and the Bitter Brew (Three Dirty Women Mysteries) by Julie Wray Herman Death Gets a Time-Out (A Mommy-Track Mystery, #4) by Ayelet Waldman The Cradle Robbers (A Mommy-Track Mystery, #6) by Ayelet Waldman May the Best Man Die (Carnegie Kincaid, #3) by Deborah Donnelly You May Now Kill the Bride (Carnegie Kincaid, #5) by Deborah Donnelly Murder By Numbers (Sudoku Mystery, #2) by Kaye Morgan Frill Kill (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #5) by Laura Childs A Catered Valentine's Day (A Mystery with Recipes, #4) by Isis Crawford French Fried (A Culinary Mystery with Recipes, #10) by Nancy Fairbanks High Marks for Murder (A Bellehaven House Mystery, #1) by Rebecca Kent Buried Stuff (Jane Wheel, #4) by Sharon Fiffer Murder Unleashed (Dead-End Job Mystery, #5) by Elaine Viets

Yay!!

« previous 1