Ilona Andrews Fans discussion

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 169 comments Mod
Andrea is beastkin. Her father was a hyenawere. Andrea is Raphael's love interest and Kate's best friend.

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 49 comments I thoroughly enjoyed the short story in "Must Love Hellhounds". I'm anxiously awaiting the next book - I've read that Ilona Andrews are going to kill one of their favourite characters and I do hope it's neither Andrea nor Raphael nor Derek nor Jim .....

message 3: by Mariya (new)

seriously gonna kill off a character!? i love almost every single character on KD.

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 49 comments That's what I read - I think it was on Goodreads somewhere. They were discussing if one of the writers' favourite characters would mean one of the readers' favourite characters as well - but as far as I am concered they are pretty all my favourite characters!

message 5: by Mariya (new)

i knoe. i love a lot of the characters and i cannot even imagine one of them dying. i wonder who it will be.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 35 comments I have to say I like Andrea but I thought her reaction a the end of Magic Bleeds was weird. I know her and Raphael are fighting and she feels uncomfortable or maybe conflicted between her place in the pack and her place in the Order. I just do not see why she took it out on Kate. I mean Curran was in a coma for 11 days really no phone call? Then according to the snippet Kate does not see her for two months.I thought that was just odd.

message 7: by Mariya (new)

i also thought it was kinda stupid. i mean they r suppose to be best friends and all and kate was their for andrea in magic burns when finding out she is beastkin. the whole thing wit the order is driving them apart but i think kate wouldve quit anyway even without that SOS call. i mean i hate tim, he seriously pissed me off in magic bleeds.

message 8: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Andrea's reaction did come off as out of the blue and confusing. I wonder if Ilona Andrews meant it to be so.

Killing a character?! WHAT?! No! All of the secondary characters are amazing! Maybe it's one of the Pack Alpha's, or at least I hope it is if they have to kill someone.

message 9: by Shannon (last edited Sep 22, 2011 11:26AM) (new)

Shannon C. | 10 comments Hi, there's an amazing new snippet from Andrea's POV just posted:

http://www.ilona-andrews.com/2011/09/...

FYI for anyone that hasn't seen it yet.

message 10: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 26 comments Warning: It's from Andrea's upcoming stand-alone book, so if you're not caught up with the series you may want to steer clear!

message 11: by Anika (new)

Anika (teddybear1) | 17 comments I just read the snippet and the comments afterward. I can't wait for the book to come out. I wonder how its going to play out. Will Andrea and Raphael get back to together or who will be interested in her and would Raphael be jealous enough to come back???? I want to know that was a tease.

message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. | 10 comments Me too! Can't wait to read it. Does anyone know the expected release date and/or the book title?

I'm also very interested to see how things play out between Andrea and Raphael. I hope they work things out but both sides need to do some groveling.

message 13: by Ila (new)

Ila | 5 comments Just read the snippet and may I say ouch ! I really hope Andrea gets back at Raphael for that !! Can't wait for the book to come out.

message 14: by Anika (new)

Anika (teddybear1) | 17 comments Shannon wrote: "Me too! Can't wait to read it. Does anyone know the expected release date and/or the book title?

I'm also very interested to see how things play out between Andrea and Raphael. I hope they work t..."

I believe/think the book will be out in 2012. I thought Gunmetal Magic of the Kate Daniels series 5.5 was Andrea's book but now that I look at profile and website I do not think so. I guess she has not yet came up with a title yet and mabye it would not be under the Kate Daniels series since this book is from Andreas point of view. We'll have to wait and see and keep checking her various site.

message 15: by Mariya (new)

Shannon wrote: "Me too! Can't wait to read it. Does anyone know the expected release date and/or the book title?

I'm also very interested to see how things play out between Andrea and Raphael. I hope they work t..."

It's in place of the Kate 6 book, so a year from Magic Slays, May 2012!

message 16: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. | 10 comments Thanks! Just wish it was coming sooner....

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Andrea's not my fave character but I really like her. It's great when she works together with Kate and I love the friendship they have.

Not sure if I need a whole book about her and her getting together with Raphael would be so predictable. Hope we get a surprise.

message 18: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Ossipov (hellbound) | 31 comments Mod
Hi Sarah and Shannon and everyone,

Sarah ... It's great when she works together with Kate and I love the friendship they have.

I agree, I think Andrea's friendship allows Kate to believe in a normal life. Kate wants to part of society, instead of merely existing on it's fringes. Up until Kate meets Andrea her whole life has been.. "hide, get strong, kill my father before he kills me and everyone I have met."

Then in walks Andrea and she is not only strong and fast but she is faster and more knowledgeable with firearms than Kate herself is.

Allowing this friendship is the first step Kate takes towards hope in her own future. I believe this friendship sets a stage for that future and the possibility of 'more'.

While Andrea plays a vital role in Kate's life her character develops more deeply. As I read, I find myself missing her interactions being more detailed. And that was it. Now I am hooked on Andrea too. Now I want Andrea's story and I want her point of view on Kate's life. I'm not sure exactly when this happens during the story line and would I want a spoil one detail of the fascinating and absolutely addictive stories to come.

I can say, I believe you will be very surprised.

Predictability is not always predictable.

(is predictability a word?)

~enjoy!!!

message 19: by Arushi (new)

Arushi | 124 comments Elaine wrote: I can say, I believe you will be very surprised.

Predictability is not always predictable.

Quite possible. I believe her story will take the whole KD plot forward, and probably give a lot of information on the Pack that we have been craving.

Plus there will be Roman in Gunmental Magic, and he's very interested in Andrea, and he won't back off just because of Raphael.

btw, you're right, Andrea made Kate actually open up for the first time, because she decided she was friends with Kate, and that was that, Kate had to deal with it.

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) How did you like Andrea in her own book? Did it change your opinion about her?

I still think she is an okay character but I don't think she needed her own story.

message 21: by Arushi (new)

Arushi | 124 comments I think IA simply did not want to deviate in the KD plot to resolve Andrea's drama. Kate's books already have a lot going on in them and they did not need all this. Its a filler book. Once I looked at it that way, it worked for me.

As for Andrea, I am not sure. I like her, but honestly she was acting too much like a bouda in this book. Which was sorta the point but totally unexpected coming from her. The only time we got a hint of it was when she beat up ppl when she and Raphael went to a resort.

But I guess, she's 'fully' accepted who she is now.
Shrug. I felt very 'blah' abt that whole thing.

message 22: by Zeenat (last edited Aug 15, 2012 10:33AM) (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 53 comments I liked the book a lot, and I like Andrea and Raphael. But nowhere as good as the other books.

It didn't really change my opinions of Andrea . . . some scenes were inconsistent in behavior patterns though, and not much was explained why she behaved differently.

message 23: by D. (new)

D. | 6 comments Does anyone happen to remember if Andrea's mother is still alive? I know her father is long gone and it seems weird to me that Andrea hasn't mentioned her mother at all but I seem to half remember one mention where she is alive but can't recall which book. Maybe Gunmetal Magic?

message 24: by Arushi (new)

Arushi | 124 comments @D - Andrea's mom is dead. She died when Andrea was still young and she joined the Order right afterwards.

message 25: by D. (new)

D. | 6 comments Awesome, thank you! Do you happen to remember which book this is mentioned?

message 26: by Arushi (new)

Arushi | 124 comments D. wrote: "Awesome, thank you! Do you happen to remember which book this is mentioned?"

To be honest, I don't. But I think it was Gunmetal Magic coz that is where most of Andrea's past is mentioned. I'll look though.. and if I find out I will let you know :)

message 27: by D. (new)

D. | 6 comments That would be my guess to, or perhaps Magic Mourns. Maybe I'll look in while you look in GM. =)

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Her own story was just average to me. She has a big chip on her shoulder in the book