Ilona Andrews Fans discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 169 comments Mod
raphael is member of the pack and is the son of the bouda's female alpha. Raphael is also kate's best friend, andrea's love interest.

message 2: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments lol i love this part:

"As he passed me, he leaned to Curran and handed him a paper fan folded from some sort of flyer.
Curran looked at the fan. “What?”
An emergency precaution, Your Majesty. In case the lady faints.”
Curran just stared at him.
Raphael strode toward the Pit, turned, flexed a bit, and winked at me.
"Give me that,” I told Curran. “I need to fan myself.”
"No, you don’t."

message 3: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 9 comments LMAO! Love it!

message 4: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments omg i love raphael, he's so sweet about andrea

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 49 comments I loved the short story about Andrea and Raphael in "Must Love Hellhounds". It showed them both as great persons with issues they tried to overcome.

message 6: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments I haven't read that one yet! I'm planning to as soon as I can find it from the library. I heard it's really great. I love how it's Andrea's POV

message 7: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments I haven't read the short story yet either but it sounds interesting.

Ha, I love how Raphael followed Andrea around like a lost puppy (but in a hot way) and then how he decorated her apartment. Priceless.

message 8: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments SEMI-POILER FOR MAGIC SLAYS:

I really missed Raphael in this book =(

message 9: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 35 comments Seeker wrote: "SEMI-POILER FOR MAGIC SLAYS:

I really missed Raphael in this book =("

Me too!

message 10: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Me three! I'm surprised that he wasn't even in one scene! Ilona Andrews is always so good about getting all their side characters into the books! Probably some important significance for the next book. Stalling the andrea/raphael drama for later?

message 11: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 35 comments Clearly she made an error :-)

message 12: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Yes. Clearly, lol =0

message 13: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Dani wrote: "Me three! I'm surprised that he wasn't even in one scene! Ilona Andrews is always so good about getting all their side characters into the books! Probably some important significance for the next b..."

Yeah, I mean there was less Jim too, a lot of focus on Julie, Kate and Curran

message 14: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Well technically, julie only had the scene when she showed up at kate's office and when she was cured. Mentioned frequently, but not really in the book. And I hadn't really noticed about Jim, but you're right.

message 15: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments True actually. She didn't have many scenes. And Jim just "appeared" once at the hospital and had that one phone call. I have to say, Magic Strikes is still my ultimate favourite book in the whole series. Every character had such a strong role and I love the whole concept of the Games

message 16: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Same. I love gladiator-type things so that in itself put M Strikes pretty far up there for me, but I also loved kate and curran there a lot. And of course with promises of naked dinners, what's not to like? =)

message 17: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Yeah, and all the characters - even the side ones - were so evenly spread out in their roles, even Doolittle, LOL I love the medmage X)

message 18: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Ha, the honey badger! Lol, with a mother hen persona. Yeah, its nice to have all the characters in there too.

message 19: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments LOL yess!!! He's so funny. I love when Kate wakes up again from unconsciousness and she sees Doolittle and she's like "Doc, we gotta stop meeting like this" or something along those lines XD

message 20: by Dani (last edited Jun 06, 2011 06:18AM) (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Yeah, it was something like: "Where am I?" "In the Keep." "How did I get here?" "His Majesty carried you in." "Did he manage to avoid third degree burns this time?" It happened in every one of the first three books and during one of them, i think MS, she said that they had to stop meeting like that. Ha, even Kate and Doolittle have inside jokes :D

message 21: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments LOLLL omg yes I know!!! I LOVE their exchanges. I kinda missed it in Magic Slays. Too much focus on Julie. I mean I like the kid, but I'm not all that crazy about her. She's going to grow up so powerful and everything with Kate's blood and Kate's training that I feel like she's gonna steal the spotlight

message 22: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments I think she's a good side side character, if that makes sense. Though I thought her whopping Ascanio's ass was hilarious and made me like her more than I already did.

Yeah, Doolittle was really only in M Slays to heal Julie....Hey, Dali, wasn't in Magic Slays either, was she? I think they only mentioned her once too.

message 23: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Yeah she wasn't. But there's a new anthology coming out with Magic Dreams in it that focuses on Dali and Jim =) It's like Magic Mourns with Andrea and Raphael ;)

message 24: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Ugh, i haven't read any of the .5 stuff. I really should though

message 25: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Same. I haven't read Magic Mourns and I really need to get around to it. The one with Magic Dreams comes out today =)

message 26: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Yay! Yeah me too, but I'm a procrastinator so.....

message 27: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments LOL it's okay, we'll get around to it XD
I'm interested to see Jim and Dali's story play out. I'm not too big of a fan of Dali but I totally love Jim!

message 28: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments I'm okay with both of them, but not an uber fan. I do like this quote for Dali though:

"I do shodo magic,” Dali said. “I curse through calligraphy. I have to write the curse out on a piece of paper and I can’t move while I do it. One smudge, and I might kill the lot of us.”
Oh good.
“But don’t worry.” Dali waved her arms. “It’s so precise, it usually doesn’t work at all.”
Better and better.

message 29: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments LOLLL yes I remember that, loved it!
I wonder if there'll be a side story of Derek and Julie. I think it's a bit weird thinking of them together in that way since Derek is five years older and he treats her like a little sister. But I think the part in Magic Slays when he stood up for her was really sweet

message 30: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments It was. Hmmm, but with that scene Kate told Ascanio that Derek felt for Julie like an older brother. Derek himself made no move to confirm it besides making it obvious that he does indeed have feelings for her. At this point I feel like the protectiveness could go either way. Kate and Curran have a five or six age difference, right? So, in a couple of years maybe things could work out romantically for Julie and Derek.

message 31: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments True but usually those kind of age differences are better for older people in their 20's or 30's. Teenage age relationship gaps between nineteen and fourteen is more awkward

message 32: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Yeah, and eventually they will be at those ages and it could work. If Ilona Andrews did write something like that for Derek and Julie it would have to be after the last KD book if they want to avoid major spoilers

message 33: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Yeah I think it would be good if they started their relationship when they're older, like into their twenties.

message 34: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Julie should be Derek's age or older

message 35: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Yeah, I can't take her too seriously

message 36: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments I liked that she still likes Derek even though he doesn't look like how he did when she first meet him. That shows there could be some potential for them.

message 37: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Yeah, I was pretty torn about what happened to Derek. But man he would have been incredibly perfect if it wasn't for that accident: young, drop dead gorgeous, one of the Pack's best fighters, loyal, dependable....

message 38: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Very true...he can even talk well-ish in the warrior form. And he's close to the current Alphas...

message 39: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Yeah he's got like the entire package. I actually didn't know he was ranked so high in the Pack and all the opportunities Curran gave him until Magic Slays when Kate lists them. He has serious potential.

message 40: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments He's definitely the next wolf Alpha. Going back to the whole Julie/Derek thing, Ilona Andrews could do a spin off series of Derek as Alpha and of course it would be years later cause Curran's not exactly going anywhere unless Kate wants to.

message 41: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Oh man that would be really cool, and then there would be the whole side story with Julie. I bet she'll be a lot like Kate when she grows up. Sassy, smart, lots of magic

message 42: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments *grins* Romance with the Alpha...My God! She's Kate from the past!

message 43: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments LOL oh man it would amuse the readers to no end XD

message 44: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments I wonder what Kate would think if something like that did happen? I can already picture her slamming her head on the table.

message 45: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments LOL same. It would be a "you're one to talk" moment, follwed by a "touche"

message 46: by Dani (last edited Jun 08, 2011 05:57PM) (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Lol, they would totally say that! Curran would treat the situation better than Mahon did.

message 47: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments So true, man it's like next generation, same ongoing romance XD

message 48: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Lol, the way you said that made me picture a younger version of each character....like a Saiman the same age as Derek...Julie would need an Andrea....Ascanio and Maddie can be part of their next generation. I wonder what would be different about the Guild and Order and other organizations by then.

message 49: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Oh man that would be so intense. Maddie would probably be the Andrea since Kate says she's her best friend. LOL Ascanio can be the love triange guy which plays the part of....pretty much all the other guys that hit on Kate, Saiman included

message 50: by Dani (last edited Jun 08, 2011 06:08PM) (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments And Bran, and the bad guy from Bites(blanking out on his name...I think it starts with a B), and Crest...
Ha, maybe Julie can have her own Julie and Ascanio can be her crush XD Or maybe he could like Maddie and be a Raphael instead.

« previous 1