Book lovers discussion

Movies and Tv > The Girl who Played with Fire movie

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
So this comes out soon am i right? I bet it won't be on near me because the last one wasn't. I'm reading the book at the moment so that hopefully i can watch the movie straight after. I know DJ has already seen it. Is anyone else planning to watch it?

message 2: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 39 comments I just finished it a couple of days ago and the movie is playing at an art house near me, so if I can squeeze a couple of hours out of my schedule I may see it over the weekend! I am also excited for the American movie versions with Daniel Craig (just dreamy) and Rooney Mara.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Ooo do come back and tell us what you think of it! I'm not sure about the american movie. I liked the original dragon tattoo movie so i dont see why they need to remake it. Especially so soon! But i will probably see it out of curiosity.

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) This movie was released here in Los Angeles in early July and I saw it. I was not disappointed. I saw the first one also. Jo, I feel like you do...I like the originals so much, why would I want to see a remake? But then I understand Daniel Craig (sigh!) is going to play Michael....

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) LOL Diane!!!

Is the movie on DVD yet???

message 6: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Hi Suzanne - how are you? I have the first movie on DVD; don't think the second one is out on DVD yet. Keeping my eyes open.

message 7: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 44 comments I watched TGWPWF the other afternoon on PC (don't ask how lol) - its good!

message 8: by Yassemin (new)

Yassemin (yas666) | 59 comments Jo wrote: "So this comes out soon am i right? I bet it won't be on near me because the last one wasn't. I'm reading the book at the moment so that hopefully i can watch the movie straight after. I know DJ has..."

I've seen it :)...and yes I know its not out officially here yet but...

I enjoyed it, not as good as the first movie though in my opinion.

message 9: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 39 comments I agree with you Yas.

I went to see it last night and thought that although it was still good, it wasn't as good as the first one.

Have to get these books read as I feel there was backstory missing from them

message 10: by Yassemin (new)

Yassemin (yas666) | 59 comments Yes you should. The books being read first is probably advantageous. Glad someone else agrees though, good by all means just didn't captivate me like the first film.

I can't wait for the third film, there is the potential for them to make that one the best of the lot IMO.

message 11: by Yassemin (new)

Yassemin (yas666) | 59 comments She is. You know if I could meet one character in real life, it would definitely be her!

Yeah I figured that bit was a bit far fetched, I guess you have to suspend a little belief over that bit lol.

message 12: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 39 comments I saw some photos of the Girl with the Dragon tattoo american remake and the american actress who is going to play her. Must say. not all that convinced.

GOing to treat myself to the swedish film tonight. :)

message 13: by Yassemin (new)

Yassemin (yas666) | 59 comments :) I'm not risking the American one personally. The Swedish was good enough for me.

message 14: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Sorry, Gem, i had to delete one of your posts because it had a spoiler in it.

message 15: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 39 comments No problem. :)

message 16: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 39 comments Reading the books first pulls the movies together because there are entire side stories that are not even dealt with in the movies. If I had not read the books I think it might have been a bit harder to follow. I think I liked the second movie even better because Lisbeth shows some vulnerability. Also, TGWPWF had a different director and it was visually lighter. Can't wait for the finale!

message 17: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 39 comments For some wierd reason I rather like the actor who playes Mikael (th journalist) I'm really not sure why, because he isn't the typical type I go for????

message 18: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 39 comments His eyes! So blue and sincere... I also thought Noomi looked beautiful in several of the scenes which did not happen in TGWTDT.

message 19: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 39 comments I really don't think the American Version is going to be as good.

YOu are left wondering how it all pieces together. I think they must have ommited somethign with regards to Dag and his girlfriend. I have my suspicions and hope it will be addressed in the book.

These films really make me want to go visit Sweden.

message 20: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 39 comments me too. I found the scenery beautiful in this second movie. I am open to seeing the American versions (since I am in America!) Daniel Craig is a wonderful choice and I actually think Rooney Mara can pull this off because physically she fits the role and has dark eyes. Some fake tattoos and piercings and she will be good to go. I have not read TGWKTHN yet. I am still waiting for my turn at the library, but I think I am near the top of the list now.

message 21: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 39 comments I saw pictures of Rooney Mara on set and she didn't look "right" in the role as Lisbeth. NOt srue why. I think the Swedish actress just hit it out the park.

Daniel Craig is the best choice for Mikael though.

message 22: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 44 comments I personally feel that the books should be read before seeing the films - alot of stuff is left out of the films.

I do agree the first one (TGWTDT) is better but still enjoyed TGWPWF and rally lok forward to the third.

I can't see Daniel Craig as Blomquist though in the Hollywood version. As a friend of mine said, 'too short, too blond, too Bond!'

message 23: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 39 comments Yeah but it was him or Brad Pitt so I heard.

message 24: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 44 comments Brad Pitt ooooooH!

message 25: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) I think I will see it and make up my own mind...they are not my first picks, but I have been proven wrong, over and over again,to my happy surprise.
Excellent actors have the ability to rise to any challenge, as they have proven time and again.

message 26: by Niamh (new)

Niamh (niamhc) | 3 comments i loved both films and the swedish casting! the second film there where a few minor things that were changed or left out which did bug me slightly, does anyone else agree? not looking forward to the american versions cannot see how they will better the originals.

message 27: by Diane (last edited Feb 16, 2011 01:24PM) (new)

Diane  (dianedj) I agree Niamh. I have bought all 3 Swedish versions for my home collection. The only one I have left to see is the 3rd one. I don't have the desire to see the American versions. No one else could ever be Lisbeth in my eyes, or even Blomkvist, even though I do like Daniel Craig.

message 28: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 39 comments The third film is AMAZING!

ANd I agree! I just don't think the actress they have chosen for the american version has the right look