Green Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Previous Book Clubs > Pieces of A Rainbow by Maria Savva (Autumn 2010)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M (last edited Sep 01, 2010 04:24AM) (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 337 comments Pieces of A Rainbow by Maria Savva is the book's winner of our Autumn book club. Maria Savva will discuss with The Green group community from September 1 to November 30, 2010.
Happy readings and discussions !

Pieces of a Rainbow by Maria Savva

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria | 14 comments Hi everyone, I am very pleased that my book has been chosen :) If anyone has any questions about it, please let me know. I look forward to reading your reviews. For information: I am currently formatting the book for Kindle and hope to have that done in the next couple of weeks, so bear with me :) I'll announce here when it's available on Kindle. I do also hope to make it available in other ebook formats soon. Happy reading!

message 3: by M (last edited Sep 07, 2010 08:27AM) (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 337 comments Maria wrote: "Hi everyone, I am very pleased that my book has been chosen :) If anyone has any questions about it, please let me know. I look forward to reading your reviews. For information: I am currently fo..."

Thank you, Maria :) I have started to read the seven stories of your book. My favorite " Pieces of Rainbow " yet, is " Forever Blue " . I'll post my review in a few weeks.

message 4: by Maria (new)

Maria | 14 comments That's one of my favourites too :)
Thanks Michelle!

message 5: by Marieke (new)

Marieke I finally ordered it this morning! it will arrive in a couple of days.
i noticed it got really good reviews at Barnes & Noble, too. Congratulations, Maria!

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria | 14 comments Thank you, Marieke :) I hope you enjoy it! I look forward to hearing your views.

message 7: by Maria (new)

Maria | 14 comments Pieces of a Rainbow is now available on Kindle!

http://www.amazon.com/Pieces-of-a-Rai...

message 8: by M (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 337 comments Thank you, Maria:) I hope you'll have a lot of readers of Pieces of a Rainbow

message 9: by Maria (new)

Maria | 14 comments Thanks Michelle!!

message 10: by Maria (new)

Maria | 14 comments I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm currently offering Pieces of a Rainbow for the special promotional price of $0.99 US and £0.71 UK at Amazon for the kindle ebook version. You can read it on your mac, pc, ipad, iphone, Blackberry or Android, by downloading the relevant free app.

US: http://www.amazon.com/Pieces-of-a-Rai...

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pieces-of-a-R...

message 11: by Marieke (new)

Marieke Hi Maria! Thanks for the heads up! i have purchased an actual copy of your book but haven't had a chance to start reading it yet. I don't like marking in my books (i guess i'm damaged from childhood because so many of our books came from the library) but i love highlighting/making notes in e-books. at this amazingly low price, i won't feel bad about getting a "second" copy!!

message 12: by Maria (new)

Maria | 14 comments Thanks, Marieke :) I hope you enjoy reading it! I look forward to your comments.

message 13: by Marieke (new)

Marieke Hi Maria! i have to apologize i haven't started your book yet. October was crazy for me and i just didn't manage to get to it yet. i'm really slow with short story collections so i don't know if i'll have your book completed by the end of november, but i plan to read at least one of the stories tomorrow (holiday!).

has anyone else started or even finished? any questions or comments for maria?

message 14: by Maria (new)

Maria | 14 comments That's okay, Marieke, I know what being busy is like!!
I'm looking forward to hearing your comments.

message 15: by M (last edited Nov 14, 2010 02:34PM) (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 337 comments Maria Savva's seven short stories "Pieces of A Rainbow " are colourful, beautifully written. Each piece , like each color of a rainbow , tells a story of the real world with realistic characters. And some of them are really astonishing ! "Forever blue" is my favourite piece.
" Love is like the ocean " Maria Savva captures the essence of life, enlighted by each color of a rainbow. Unusual, brillant concept!
Wassily Kandinski said " Color is a power which directly influences the soul "
Read "Pieces of a Rainbow" and you'll enjoy each piece like a color in your life.

message 16: by Maria (new)

Maria | 14 comments That's a really nice review, Michelle! Thanks so much; I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yes, 'Forever Blue' is a personal favourite of mine, too :)

message 17: by M (last edited Nov 14, 2010 10:12AM) (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 337 comments Thanks Maria! On the road to read your third novel Second Chances soon :)

message 18: by Maria (new)

Maria | 14 comments Thanks!! :)

message 19: by Marieke (new)

Marieke oh Maria Maria Maria!

it's the last day of November...i have read the first story in your collection. i have to say it haunted me...it kept lingering in my mind. I think it has something to do with your deceptively simple style. you addressed some really intense themes in that story. i wonder if you've ever thought about writing a screenplay from that story? i had so many images in my head while i was reading it.

i plan to read more of the stories...will you still be around to chat about them in this thread?

message 20: by Maria (new)

Maria | 14 comments Hi Marieke, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but I was in hospital on 1st December, then have been resting at home.
Thanks so much for your lovely comment. Yes, of course I will be happy to chat with you and any other readers about these stories :)
Interesting that you should say the story could be made into a screenplay. Someone else commented about that a while ago. It would be great to see any of my stories or novels as films, that's always been a bit of a dream of mine... maybe one day :)
I hope you enjoy the rest of the book. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!

message 21: by Marieke (new)

Marieke Maria i am so sorry to hear that you've not been well but really happy you are back! i'm also glad to hear that i'm not crazy to think your story could be a film. :D
have you ever tried writing a screenplay? i realize it is a different sort of writing, but since i don't do any creative writing, it's hard for me to imagine how hard or not hard it might be to do.

message 22: by Maria (new)

Maria | 14 comments Interesting that you should ask, because I have considered writing a screenplay before, but have never got around to it. It's a very different way of writing and, there are various rules involved which I would have to familiarise myself with before attempting it. It's something I might try in the future. At the moment I'm busy with my novels :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.