Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > radio drama / readings

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul  Perry (pezski) | 79 comments Do any of you fine, learned people listen to radio drama, and perhaps have any streams or stations you'd recommend?

I live in the UK (let's hear it for sunny Sheffield! woo!) and am addicted to BBC Radio 7 http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_7 , which plays comedy, plays, drama and readings - mostly repeats from the Beebs vast archive, but some original stuff too (and this is supposedly due to increase).

On at the moment are:
Slaughterhouse 5
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Reef by Edith Wharton
The Little World of Don Camillo
The Fall of the House of Usher
Black Beauty
Brother Cadfael
Wide Sargasso Sea
The Interpretation of Murder
and much more

Broadcasts are archived on the BBC iPlayer for a week (I often catch up on a serial at the end of the week) and listen live is available.

I admit, i'm not entirely sure if broadcasts are available outside the UK - if not then I can only apologise for whetting people's appetites with this gourmet feast only to whip it away - but I thought it worth sharing.

message 2: by Barb (last edited Sep 01, 2010 06:21AM) (new)

Barb Not really drama or readings, but there's this show called Wiretap on CBC Radio, and I love the Jonathan & Gregor bits ... hilarious.

http://www.cbc.ca/wiretap/index.html?...
Click on the episode "Help me Doctor" (should be the 2nd one), and forward to about the 13 minute mark to hear these two guys attempt a phone-conference counseling session.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Hm. This is interesting. I may check some of these out. Thanks, Paul and Barbara.

message 4: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments They don't have them on my local stations, but I have checked them out at the library and put them on my iPod. I have Sherlock, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, PG Wodehouse, and various others.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul  Perry (pezski) | 79 comments I don't, I tend to podcast or otherwise rss my sources, and either listen online or transfer downloads to my phone/mp3 player. Not sure stitcher is available to me as I've a Nokia N8 - a very good phone, but stuck with the Symbian OS which doesn't have the apps or support. I'm due to upgrade at the end of the year and am likely to go for an Android phone of some description.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.