Spectra Magazine - Digital Short Stories discussion

Introductions > So, tell us about yourself...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Spectra (new)

Spectra Magazine | 6 comments Mod
Spectra Magazine wants to get to know its readers, and fans of short stories in general. Tell us about yourself, and your short story-reading habits right here.

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria | 1 comments Hi, I write short stories as well as novels. I started off writing shorts for competitions generally about 15 years ago. Nowadays I find that I enjoy writing them and reading them. I have two collections Pieces of a Rainbow(a collection I wrote last year, seven short stories each based on a different colour of the rainbow) and Love and Loyalty(a collection of stories I've written over the last 10 years or so). I'm currently editing a third collection due to be published shortly. At the moment they are only available as paperback but I'm working on making them available on kindle and epub.
I read a lot of short story collections too. I also read short stories online on various blogs. I don't have a favourite genre and will read just about anything :)

message 3: by Donald (last edited Sep 04, 2010 08:30AM) (new)

Donald (nocdar) Hello everyone. I read in virtually every genre. When I write, it usually comes out as soft horror. FlashTold at http://flashtold.wordpress.com is a good place to start. It has links to some of my other published short fiction.

I'll have to get a copy of Spectra Magazine on my Kindle to see how it looks.

message 4: by Zachary (new)

Zachary (madpoet) | 1 comments My name is Zach Ricks, and I'm a fan of science fiction and fantasy - tend toward novels, but starting to get more into short stories now a days. I do some writing, but no publications yet, and I'm looking forward to reading Spectra.

message 5: by David (new)

David Kubicek (david_kubicek) | 1 comments Hi everyone. My name is David Kubicek. I'm a writer as well as a reader. I cut my teeth reading science fiction, then writing it. Although I went on to read and write many other genres, science fiction still is one of my major interests. I've published stories in magazines, edited an anthology of horror stories (now out of print) and just published a short story collection, The Moaning Rocks and Other Stories,and a science fiction novel, In Human Form.

message 6: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) Hi, I've been reading short stories since I was a child, so it's no wonder that I love to write them as well. I pen mostly dark fantasy and horror tales and I've independently published a few story collections such as Killers and Demons and Once Upon a Dark and Eerie. I've also written a dark fantasy novella, called Ruined City, using interconnected short stories.

message 7: by James (last edited May 11, 2014 05:27AM) (new)

James Parsons | 1 comments Hello, I am a recently first time published science fiction author from the UK. I also write horror, literary fiction-novels, short fiction, screenplays.
I like a good bit of rock music but also electronic/funk/industrial, Zappa, Bjork, post-punk etc.
I play a little guitar/bass, cook, watch countless films, travel at times.
Currently writing next SF novel, then more short fiction, and rewriting and more. Good to meet you.

message 8: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Robinson (robb_lucas) | 3 comments Hello everyone.
I've been published a few times, entirely in short fiction and I'm going solo for the time being.
My main genres are fantasy/sf/horror, though I've been straying more into fantasy of late, with a smattering of horror and weird fiction thrown in.

message 9: by Quentin (new)

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 1 comments Hi all! Im a horror writer who has always been a fan of the penny dreadful/pulp style stories. I would love to see that time of fiction make a comeback! I've wrote several short stories for kindle worlds and I love reading short stories as well, so Spectra sounds right up my alley!