Cozy Mysteries discussion

Off topic discussions > Organizing the shelves on GR

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 206 comments Quick question...Is there any way to group some of the shelves I've made into one big one? I have separated this years books into monthly shelves--at the end of the year is there any way to put them all in a 2010 shelf or will I have to just add them one by one and delete the others?

message 2: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 1576 comments Mod
As best I can figure, you'll need to make a new yearly folder. Then what you can do is go into each month's folder, on edit mode, click check all, then move shelf. So you won't need to move each book individually, but can do one shelf at a time. Does that help any?

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 206 comments Yes..Thank you. I was dreading moving a book at a time but didn't want to end up after a few years with 400 shelves!

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments I just set up a shelf for each year. There is a "date read" column that tells you the month you read it so you don't have to set one up for each month.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Eisenmeier (carpelibrumbooks) I think they let you do batch/group editing, although I've never tried it.

message 6: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 17316 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "I think they let you do batch/group editing, although I've never tried it."

Yes, there is a link sort of top right that says "batch" so that you can add multiple books at once to one shelf. I've used it quite a bit in setting up my shelves.