Delirity discussion

Author L > Pride - S. Laurenston

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jul 29, 2014 10:38AM) (new)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I've been seeing this series pop up on a lot of people's lists, but never read it. Is it worth it? Is it just PNR? Or pushing it a bit?

message 3: by Shannon (last edited Aug 31, 2010 10:20PM) (new)

Shannon C. The Pride Stories is one of my favorite humorous paranormal romance series, ranked up there with the Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands. These books make me laugh out loud!!!

The world building around shapeshifter life is very well done, and the storylines are fast paced and pull you in. The character and relationship development is top notch.

The first book was very good but not as great as the later books--it is two novellas rather than a full length novel like the others. My favorites are The Mane Attraction, The Mane Squeeze and Beast Behaving Badly.

Laurenston has an earlier series called Magnus Pack, which is also funny but I don't like quite as well as Pride Stories. Her writing is better in the later Pride Stories series, and I found the heroines in Magnus Pack to be too b*tchy sometimes.

She also has a popular dragon shifter series written under GA Aiken. That one is also good. Especially the third book, which was hysterical.

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments These are so fun to read, with strong women who swear like sailors, fight like guys, and hot sex, that will also have you laughing out loud. This author has become an auto buy for me, and like Shannon said the Aiken books are just as good.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments They are worth owning. I didn't start out that way, but have been slowly buying them.