Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Cheryl's August Reads

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments I'm more than half way through two books, but I won't get them done. This was not a terribly productive month. Spent a lot of time working on an exhibit for the historical society and the county fair. I can tell you a lot about Dinshah Ghiadahli and his Spectro-chrome color therapy though.
Except for one DNF, the books were pretty good.

The Hidden Man David Ellis A legal thriller full of lots of twists and turns. 9

The Rembrandt Affair Daniel Silva audio Gabriel Allon is involved with art seized by the Nazis during WWII. 8.5

The Last Child John Hart A young boy is determined to find his missing twin sister. I saw a couple of gaping holes in the plot, but the characters stuck with me. 8.5

Bury Me Deep Megan Abbott. I wanted to like this because it was based on a real case from the 1930s, but this was my DNF

Live to Tell Lisa Gardner audio. This was pretty creepy with mass murders and disturbed children, but I really Liked it. 9

Torn Apart Shane Gericke The action never stopped. 8.5

Sizzling Sixteen Janet Evanovich. There is no real plot, but I still get a laugh out of the characters. 8

message 2: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments I also really enjoyed The Hidden Man when I read it several months ago. Plenty of twists and turns with good dialog and characters.

Looks like you had a great month!

message 3: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1364 comments The Rembrandt Affair sounds really interesting. I put it on hold. I've never read Daniel Silva before. I hope I'll have the time to read it when it comes in. Lately I've been going for light reading and/or short books for my recreational reads. My courses' demands are constant.

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3588 comments I liked SIZZLING SIXTEEN! The Hobbits nearly had me ROFL!

message 5: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Cheryl wrote: "I'm more than half way through two books, but I won't get them done. This was not a terribly productive month. Spent a lot of time working on an exhibit for the historical society and the county ..."

After I finish my BFB, New York, I'll have to get to Evanovich. She's always good for a summer lark.

Mary/Quite Contrary Phillips | 459 comments i LOVED the Hobbits in this one too...nearly peed my pants!