Delirity discussion

Author N-P > Jane True - N. Peeler

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Sep 11, 2012 02:28AM) (new)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Am I right in putting this under YA? If you've read it let me know. I'll change it if it's adult.

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. This is an adult series, somewhat similiar in style to the SOOKIE SACKHOUSE series--quirky, fun, interesting characters and a fast moving urban fantasy plotine.

When I first discovered the new Jane True series, I was pleasantly surprised. I gave book one Tempest Rising a solid four stars, and thought the second installment was even better. Great mix of adventure, suspense, mystery, humor and romance.

Very good world builing...I love the range of the types of characters, e.g. gnomes, vampires, kelpies, shapechangers, goblins, succubus,alfar, brownies and more.

message 4: by Heather (new)

K. It's in the grown up section now.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I like this series, just read the second one last weekend. They are fun and Jane isn't a super bad chick, but one who can and does get hurt a lot. I also loved the choice she made at the end of the second book and can't wait to see what happens in the next.

message 6: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments I am almost through the first one and must say I am enjoying it immensely! I can certainly see some Sookie Stackhousesque traits but the story also brings something new to the table. I look forward to continuing with this series!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Just started up book 2.

It totally spaced my mind that Ryu (view spoiler). Now I feel all stressed out!

message 8: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Fell asleep on this one too lol darn

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I just picked up Eyes of the Tempest today from the library, hopefully I can get to it in the next week.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments My copy of Eyes of the Tempest came in just a bit ago, I'm trying to get caught up.

Just finished book 2 a bit ago. It was really good!! I loved how Jane (view spoiler) It was a total high five moment!

I really want Jane to hook up with Anyan.

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I totally agree with you Shera!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments That's why I love her! ^_-

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I just noticed on the new covers they aren't doing the artsy cover borders anymore, I'm kind of bumbed out.

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Yeah, but they do have the still funky manga like drawing.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I love the drawings it's just the new square feel of them I don't like.

message 16: by Heather (new)

Finally starting this one. I own books 1, 3, and 4. I'm not sure how I'm finding book 2, but I figure I'll get to it eventually.

message 17: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments Ok, I'm on disc 6 of the first book and I don't know why but I don't like Ryu. Like...at all. I think there is something super skeevy about him. And I super want Jane to hook up with Anyan. If he actually is a human. If he really is just a great big dog then I want Jane to be single.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Ryu is skeevy, but hot. Wait tell the next book, it's awesome!!!

message 19: by Heather (new)

Remember, with this being a group read, you can read any of the book in the series.

message 20: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments I finished Tempest's Fury (Jane True, #5) by Nicole Peeler on the weekend and I really enjoyed it. These books never cease to make me laugh! Huge cliffhanger at the end of this one. One word to describe this book.... Damn.

message 21: by Heather (new)

Sounds good. I have book 3, but no book 2 so I've been stuck after book 1. =)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments No fun Heather. I have no excuses, I just need to read more.