Delirity discussion

Author C > Immortals After Dark - K. Cole

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jan 14, 2012 12:01AM) (new)

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela B We have to stop making these series threads cuz it just makes me want to add more books to my list!

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. If you haven't read it, definitely check it out! This is one of my all time favorite paranormal romance series, ranking up there with JR Ward, J Frost and CL Wilson.

The series is a terrific mix of edge-of-your-seat action, suspense, mystery and romance. The world building is really well done, with a range of supernatural creatures ('The Lore') such as Valkyries, Vampires, Witches, Demons, Werewolves, Sorcerers, Fey and more. I love the characters and find myself re-reading favorite books.

The early book covers are cheesy, but don't let that put you off. The books are MUCH better than the covers.

Has anyone else read this yet? What are your favorite books?
Mine are A Hunger Like No Other and Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night. I love Lach and Bowen (that tricksy wolf!)

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I know, but this one has been on my TBR for a while. I keep meaning to get to it, but like you Angela I get too many ideas from other people. I remember when my TBR had 15 books on it. Now it's over 200 and I only include book 1 of anything that's a series. I'm hoping to get to this one before the end of the year.

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. My favorite is Kiss of a Demon King. I love Sabine!

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela B If I had been actually adding books to my TBR it would be huge but there are so many I haven't actually been clicking the add button anymore!

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. Carolyn, I liked that one too! But really, they are all good. :)

message 8: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Yeah, I am going to try and actually finish some series before starting others. But I will keep this one in mind.

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 120 comments Do you have to start this series in order?

message 10: by Heather (new)

I haven't. I want to though. Maybe Dec or Jan?

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I've read them up to date and they're really suprisingly good. Even though it sometimes feels like she's recycling the same old story line.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments I have Hunger Like No Other sitting there waiting to be read, but I thought it was book 1.

It's showing as book 2 on GR. Do I need to read The Warlord Wants Forever first?

I swear, it's like Dark Hunters all over again.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments LOL. I hear you. Personally I don't think The Warlord Wants Forever is a must read for it. Just start with a A Hunger Like No Other and you're all set.

message 14: by Heather (new)

I keep meaning to get to these, but for some reason I never do.

message 15: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 126 comments I jst read a hunger like no other and i'am hooked this one is my favorite

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Prepare for the addiction!!

message 17: by Heather (new)

Stacia, we can attempt to read it together. Although, that normally never works out right. =)

message 18: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 126 comments I just read No Rest For The Wicked oh my god what a book amazing

message 19: by Heather (new)

My library only carried like book 6 or something like that. I can't believe that it doesn't carry them, but has one random one. I requested book 1. I'll have to request book 2 once it comes in and go the slow route.

message 20: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I think I might buy these, they seem so good!

Is each story kind of like a stand alone (like Night Huntress) or is there a bigger arc throughout (like Demonica/BDB)?

message 21: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments I absolutely loved this series. I recommend it to everyone! My favourite books was definitely the most recent installment Dreams of a Dark Warrior. It was darker then her other books. It was the first time one of her heroes was a really bad guy.

message 22: by Heather (new)

I've been trying to get the first book in this series, but my libarary doesn't have it and they're taking forever to find it for me. I'm getting frustrated. It's been 3 months.

message 23: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments Wow! Yeah that is a pain in the butt! I hope they can get their hands on it soon!

message 24: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments I finished Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole tonight and I really enjoyed it. Lothaire is our first truly evil hero from this series. I loved the different take KC took on this one.

I absolutely love this series!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Reading Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark #14) by Kresley Cole , and while it took me a while to really get into it. It's turning into a much better entry then the last one.

Finally, some more world building.

message 26: by Heather (new)

I think I read the first one and then stopped because my library didn't have any more. I should probably remember to finish this series.