Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Comic Books > Runaways

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Vance | 15 comments Marvel. Has anyone read any of these? I've only read the first one so far, but it was good, and I've got another friend excited to read them.

message 2: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (pocketmermaid) | 38 comments Yes, they are fantastic. The first 2 series are, anyway. The third one goes downhill, after the original creator left, and I stopped reading them. It was canceled soon after anyway. But I believe it's been green-lit for a movie (not that that means too much these days.)

Who are you favorite characters? I love Karolina. :)

message 3: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Vance | 15 comments Oh, I like all of them pretty much; if I had to choose, I'd probably go with Nico or Alex, although I'm not far enough into it to choose a favorite character (also, it's been a while since I read it; I plan on rereading it as soon as I get to the library). Karolina is good too; oh, I can't choose.

They are indeed making a movie, and they managed to NOT pull a Last Airbender and make all the good guys white when they weren't originally.

message 4: by Madeline (new)

Madeline I love this series! I only read the first two, due to the author leaving, I didn't know they were making a movie. My favorite is Gertrude and her raptor!

message 5: by Jaime (new)

Jaime | 41 comments Mod
I'm in a comic book reading club and this one is on our list! I can't wait to read it!

message 6: by P_Racemosa (new)

P_Racemosa (Tzu-Jan) | 4 comments I love em. Fun, different but always nice art, good character development etc

message 7: by Edwin (new)

Edwin (edwinrodarte) | 41 comments The series is great. I stopped at vol.9 mainly because Vol 9 is done by different artists. It really throws you off looking at the characters and seeing them in a completely different light.