The Next Best Book Club discussion

Group Read Discussions > Fingersmith - No spoilers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10025 comments Mod
keep it clean

message 2: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) How are peoplie liking it? I wasn't able to join the reading group this month but am intersted in hearing how people like as I plan to read it in November.

message 3: by El (new)

El I finished it yesterday and thought it was good, but could have been better. It got a 3-star rating from me.

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Have you read her other books like little stranger or tipping the valet?

message 5: by El (new)

El Regina, I read Tipping the Velvet first (which I really liked) and then Affinity (which I didn't like as much as Tipping) - I guess I would place Fingersmith somewhere between those two. But I haven't read The Little Stranger or The Night Watch yet. Even though I was disappointed with Fingersmith, I'll still check out those other two. I do think Waters has great skill as a writer for the most part.

message 6: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Thank you! I think I will read Tipping the Velvet (sorry for my misspelling above), first.

message 7: by Nellyna (new)

Nellyna | 2 comments I just finished fingersmith and I am not impressed at all. Very plain book with plain characters... dissapointed. I read it only because it was this month book.

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Phillips | 133 comments YAY! got to a plot twist in the book and getting to know Maud. How fun :o)