Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Personal Reading Goals/Lists > Kelley's Monthly Reading Lists

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) January Reads

My Reads for 2010
Read in December 2009 but not counted towards a full length book yet:
* (3) A Biting Christmas by Mary Hughes (short eBook)
* (3) One More Night by Lin Winfree (short eBook)
* (3) 12 Days of Christmas: Santa Baby by Karen Erickson (short eBook)
* (3) The Wolf Who Stole Christmas by Vanessa Jaye (short eBook)
* (3) An Unexpected Gift by Renee Wildes (short eBook)
* (3) The Present by Beth Williamson (short eBook)

January 2010:
* (1) Book 1 – Holiday with a Vampire II by Merline Lovelace and Lori Devoti (print) (HQ)
* (2) Book 2 – Arcane Society: The Perfect Poison by Amanda Quick (audio)
* (4) Book 3 – Winter Moon by Dean Koontz (audio)
* (5) Book 4 – Home in Time for Christmas by Heather Graham (print) (HQ)
* (6) Book 5 – The Desert Prince by Jennifer Lewis (eBook) (HQ)
* (7) Book 6 – Smoke and Mirrors by Jayne Ann Krentz (audio)
* (8) Book 7 – Chicks with Sticks Book 3: Knock Me for a Loop by Heidi Betts (print ARC)
* (9) Book 8 – Power Play by Joseph Finder (audio)
* (10) Book 9 – Secret Carnation Book 1: The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig (audio)
* (11) Book 10 – Keeper of the Keys by Perri O’Shaughnessy (audio)
* (12) Book 11 – Love, Heart, and Soul Moments by Angela Verdenius (eBook)
* (13) Book 12 – Girl Missing by Tess Gerritsen (audio) (HQ)
* (14) Book 13 – Burn by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy (print)
* (16) Awakening His Lady by Kathrynn Dennis (short eBook) (HQ)
* (3) A Hathaway Wedding by Lisa Kleypas (short eBook)
* (16) Alpha Force: Claws of the Lynx by Linda O Johnston (eBook) (HQ)
* (16) Knights of White: Demon’s Seduction by Lisa Renee Jones (eBook) (HQ)

message 2: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) February Reads

February 2010:
* (15) Book 1 – Secret Carnation Book 2: The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig (audio)
* (17) Book 2 – Cedar Cove Book 9: 92 Pacific Boulevard by Debbie Macomber (audio) (HQ)
* (18) Book 3 – Arcane Society: Sizzle and Burn by Jayne Ann Krentz (audio)
* (19) Book 4 – The Revenge of the Sisterhood: Collateral Damage by Fern Michaels (audio)
* (20) Book 5 – Must Love Hellhounds by Charlaine Harris, Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews, Meljean Brook (eBook)
* (21) Book 6 – Burn by Linda Howard (audio)
* (22) Book 7 – Baby on Board: Confidential: Expecting! by Jackie Braun (print) (HQ)
* (23) Book 8 – Pink Carnation Book 3: The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig (audio)
* (24) Book 9 – Sisterhood Rules of the Game: Final Justice by Fern Michaels (audio)
* (25) Book 10 – The Last Cavalier by Heather Graham (audio) (HQ)
* (26) Book 11 – Bitten by Cupid by Lynsay Sands, Pamela Palmer, Jaime Rush (print)
* (27) Book 12 – The Prophecy of Sisters Book 1 by Michelle Zink (audio)
* (28) Book 13 – The Trouble with JJ by Tami Hoag (audio)
* (29) Book 14 – Hello, Darkness by Sandra Brown (audio)
* (30) Book 15 – Pink Carnation Book 4: The Seduction of the Crimson Rose by Lauren Willig (audio)
* (31) Book 16 – Lady MacBeth by Susan Fraser King (audio)
* (16) The Calling: Honor Calls by Caridad Pineiro (eBook) (HQ)
Midnight Medusa by Stephanie Draven (eBook) (HQ)
Angel’s Pawn by Nalini Singh (eBook)
Resurrection by Lisa Childs (eBook) (HQ)
Dark Chance: Absolution Book One, A book of Netherworld by Melissa Lopez (eBook)

message 3: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) March Reads

Another good month of reading for me, even with reading the monstrously huge The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance! LOL (which literally took me the entire month. I started it March 1 and finished it March 31st.) I read a total of 17 full length books and three shorts. My total for the year to date is a little low though to make my goal of 225 for the entire year, so we'll see how that pans out as the year goes on.

* (32) Book 1 – The BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker (audio)
* (33) Book 2 – Companion Book 8: A Time for Eternity by Susan Squires (print)
* (34) Book 3 – My Spellbound Heart Anthology by Cheryl Biggs, Amy Fetzer, Amber Kaye, Sara Orwig (print)
* (35) Book 4 – FBI Series Book 10: Point Blank by Catherine Coulter (audio)
* (36) Book 5 – Maxine Kiss Book 1: The Iron Hunt by Marjorie M Liu (audio)
* (37) Book 6 – Sapphire: A Grandmother’s Rings Romance by Kathryn Quick (print)
* (38) Book 7 – Strange Brew Anthology edited by PN Elrod (audio)
* (39) Book 8 – Bride of the Wolf by Susan Krinard (eBook) (HQ)
* (40) Book 9 – Languedoc Trilogy Book 2: Sepulchre by Kate Mosse (audio)
* (41) Book 10 – The Revenge of the Sisterhood Book 13: Under the Radar by Fern Michaels (audio)
* (42) Book 11 – Phantoms by Dean Koontz (audio)
* (43) Book 12 – Defenders & Swords: Wild Magic by Ann Macela (print)
* (46) Book 13 – The Travis Family Book 3: Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas (audio)
* (47) Book 14 – Five Hundred Kingdoms Book 4: The Snow Queen by Mercedes Lackey (audio) (HQ)
* (48) Book 15 – Restoration Book 4: Dawn’s Light by Terri Blackstock (audio)
* (49) Book 16 – Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder (eBook) (HQ)
* (50) Book 17 – The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance by Trisha Telep (print)

And the shorts:
* (44) Salvation of the Damned by Theresa Meyers (eBook) (HQ)
* (44) Shadow Lover by Lydia Parks (eBook) (HQ)
Wilderness by Barbara J Hancock (eBook) (HQ) (not blogged yet)

Current Reads:
The Marriage Game by Fern Michaels (audio)
The Copper Bracelet edited by Jeffrey Deaver (audio)
The Magic Knot by Helen Taylor Scott (print)
Kings of the Boardroom: The Bachelor's Bought Bride by Jennifer Lewis (ARC) (eBook) (HQ)
Wild Thing by Doranna Durgin (short eBook) (HQ)
Pink Carnation Book 5: The Temptation of the Night Jasmine by Lauren Willig (audio)
Hallowe'en Husbands Anthology (print) (HQ)
Be My Valentine Duology by Debbie Macomber (print) (HQ)
Three Mothers and a Cradle Anthology (print) (HQ)

message 4: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) April Reads

Not as good as some of my other months, but still a fair number read this month. I think it was less because I've been too busy and too tired to go to the gym and I could usually get some listening and/or reading done during my workouts so I lost that time this month. And some of what I've been having to do at work required more concentration so I was unable to listen to an audio book while working.

I finished 15 full length books this month and one short.

April 2010:
* (51) Book 1 – The Copper Bracelet edited by Jeffrey Deaver (audio)
* (52) Book 2 – Hallowe’en Husbands by Lisa Plumley, Denise Lynn, and Christine Merrill (print) (HQ)
* (53) Book 3 – The Marriage Game by Fern Michaels (audio)
* (54) Book 4 – Magic Knot Fairies Book 1: The Magic Knot by Helen Scott Taylor (print)
* (55) Book 5 – The Godmothers Book 1: The Scoop by Fern Michaels (audio)
* (56) Book 6 – Pink Carnation Book 5: The Temptation of the Night Jasmine by Lauren Willig (audio)
* (57) Book 7 – Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber (audio) (HQ)
* (58) Book 8 – Kings of the Boardroom Book 5: Bachelor’s Bought Bride by Jennifer Lewis (eBook) (HQ)
* (59) Book 9 – A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve (audio)
* (60) Book 10 – Body Surfing by Anita Shreve (audio)
* (61) Book 11 – Three Mothers and a Cradle Anthology by Jill Marie Landis, Debbie Macomber, Gina Ferris Wilkins (print) (HQ)
* (62) Book 12 – Light Warriors Book 4: The Darkest Night by Patti O’Shea (print)
* (63) Book 13 – Be My Valentine by Debbie Macomber (print) (HQ)
* (64) Book 14 - METAtropolis Anthology edited by Jay Scalzi (not blogged yet)
* (65) Book 15 – Caster Chronicles Book 1: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (audio) (not blogged yet)

And the short:
Buying Trouble by Karen Chance (short eBook)

Current Reads:
The Sentinels: Wild Thing by Doranna Durgin (eBook) (HQ)
Family Secrets Prequel Book 1: The Cinderella Mission by Catherine Mann (print) (HQ)
My Guardian Angel Anthology (print)
Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (audio)
Will Trent Book 2: Fractured by Karin Slaughter (audio)
Play Dead by Meryl Sawyer (eBook) (HQ)
The Kidnapping of Kenzie Thorn by Liz Johnson (print) (HQ)
The Dead Travel Fast by Deanna Raybourn (audio) (HQ)

message 5: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) May Reads

Not a bad reading month but less than I'd like to meet my goal of 220 books for the entire year. 14 full length books and no shorts this month. Part of the problem was I had a few I relaly didn't care for but had to finish them for some commitment I made. otehrwise I'd have quit them. And a couple of the audios were relaly long (The Thrall's Tale was 16 CDs!) As per usual, the number in parentheses is where it falls in my tally for the year. The Book Number is where it falls in my tally for the month.

* (66) Book 1 – Classical Trio Book 3: A Scent of Murder by Virginia Smith (print) (HQ)
* (67) Book 2 – Will Trent Book 2: Fractured by Karin Slaughter (audio)
* (68) Book 3 – The Kidnapping of Kenzie Thorn by Liz Johnson (print) (HQ)
* (69) Book 4 – Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (audio)
* (70) Book 5 – Chasing Shadows by Terri Reed (print) (HQ)
* (71) Book 6 – The Thrall’s Tale by Judith Lindbergh (audio)
* (72) Book 7 – Hot for the Holidays by Lora Leigh, Angela Knight, Anya Bast, Allyson James (print)
* (73) Book 8 – My Guardian Angel by Kay Hooper, Sandra Chastain, Susan Krinard, Karyn Monk, Elizabeth Thornton (print)
* (74) Book 9 – Testimony by Anita Shreve (audio)
* (75) Book 10 – Storm Cycle by Iris Johansen and Roy Johansen (audio)
* (76) Book 11 – Small Change by Sheila Roberts (print)
* (77) Book 12 – The Immortals Book 1: Evermore by Alyson Noel (audio)
* (78) Book 13 – Play Dead by Meryl Sawyer (eBook) (HQ)
* (79) Book 14 – Fortune’s Rocks by Anita Shreve (audio)

message 6: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) June Reads

I had a good reading month finishing 18 full length books. A few were only halfway decent but no bad ones this month. And more than a few really good books! And only one or two really long ones. I just have to get my reviews written now of the ones I'm going to write them for. As per usual, the number in parentheses is where they fall in my total for the year. The book number is where they fall for the month.

* (80) Book 1 – Sea Glass by Anita Shreve (audio)
* (81) Book 2 – Agent Pendergast Book 9: Cemetery Dance by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (audio)
* (82) Book 3 – No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay (audio)
* (83) Book 4 – Mercy Falls Book 1: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (audio)
* (84) Book 5 – Shakespeare in Love Book 1: Much Ado About Matchmaking by Myrna Mackenzie (print) (HQ)
* (85) Book 6 – Suddenly a Parent: The Family Plan by Susan Gable (eBook ARC) (HQ)
* (86) Book 7 – Will Trent Book 1: Triptych by Karin Slaughter (audio)
* (87) Book 8 – The Elven Lords Book 1: The Fire Lord’s Lover by Kathryne Kennedy (print ARC)
* (88) Book 9 – Desert Sons Book 1: Her Sheik Protector by Linda Conrad (print) (HQ)
* (89) Book 10 – The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova (audio)
* (90) Book 11 – The Dead Travel Fast by Deanna Raybourn (audio) (HQ)
* (91) Book 12 - Sabina Kane Book 2: The Mage in Black by Jaye Wells (print)
* (92) Book 13 - The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (audio)
* (93) Book 14 – The Mermaid’s Mirror by LK Madigan (eBook)
* (94) Book 15 - Family Secrets Prequel Book 1: The Cinderella Mission by Catherine Mann (print) (HQ)
* (95) Book 16 – The Morganville Vampires Book 1: Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (audio)
* (96) Book 17 – The Immortals Book 2: Blue Moon by Alyson Noel (audio)
* (97) Book 18 – Grant County: Faithless by Karin Slaughter (audio)

message 7: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) July Reads

A little late this month posting July's reads, but I was out of town all ast week for work with limited e-mail time.

I had an excellent reading month in July, finishing 19 full length books and several shorts. Most are audio, as per usual. Also, as always, the number in parenthese means my running tally for the year. the "Book #" stands for where it fell during the month.

* (98) Book 1 – The Immortals Book 3: Shadowland by Alyson Noel (audio)
* (99) Book 2 – Kate Burkholder Book 1: Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo (audio)
* (100) Book 3 – Agent Pendergast Book 4: Still Life of Crows by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (audio)
* (101) Book 4 – Three Good Men: Matthew's Children by CJ Carmichael (eBook) (HQ)
* (102) Book 5 – Agent Pendergast Book 6: Dance of Death by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (audio)
* (103) Book 6 – Stroke of Genius by Emily Bryan (print)
* (104) Book 7 – Eve Duncan: Eight Days to Live by Iris Johansen (audio)
* (105) Book 8 – Fallen Book 1: Fallen by Lauren Kate (audio)
* (106) Book 11 – Shakespeare in Love Book 2: Taming of the Two by Elizabeth Harbison (print) (HQ)
* (109) Book 10 – SIGMA Force: The Doomsday Key by James Rollins (audio)
* (110) Book 11 – The Matchmakers by Debbie Macomber (audio) (HQ)
* (111) Book 12 – The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen (audio)
* (112) Book 13 – The Midnight Twins Book 1: The Midnight Twins by Jacquelyn Mitchard (audio)
* (113) Book 14 – The Coltons of Montana Book 2: The Covert Agent’s Virgin Affair by Linda Conrad (print) (HQ)
* (114) Book 15 – Morganville Vampires Book 2: The Dead Girls’ Dance by Rachel Caine (audio)
* (115) Book 16 – The Forest of Hands and Teeth Book 2: The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan (audio)
* (116) Book 17 – Otherkin Book 1: Sins of the Heart by Eve Silver (eBook) (HQ)
* (117) Book 18 – Agent Pendergast: Fever Dream by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (audio)
* (118) Book 19 – The Immortals Book 4: Dark Flame by Alyson Noel (audio)

And the shorts for the month:
* (107) Ur by Stephen King (short audio)
* (108) Amethyst Book 1: Amethyst Bound by L Shannon (short eBook) (CP)
* (108) Otherkin Prequel: Sin’s Daughter by Eve Silver (short eBook) (HQ)
* (107) The Gingerbread Girl by Stephen King (short audio)

message 8: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) August Reads

Well it is safe to assume I’m not going to finish any more books this month (unless for some reason I can’t sleep tonight though that is rarely a problem. LOL) So I am posting my August reads.

I had an excellent reading month (gotta love those audio books and shorter length novels!) I finished 20 full length books and 4 shorts this month. As per usual, the number in parentheses is where the books fall in my running tally for the year. The “Book #” is where they fall in the month’s tally. So here is my list…

August 2010:
* (119) Book 1 – The White Queen by Phillippa Gregory (audio)
* (120) Book 2 – Hell Series Book 2: My Way to Hell by Dakota Cassidy (eBook and print – went back and forth between the two as needed)
* (121) Book 3 - The Bloodgate Guardian by Joely Sue Burkhart (eBook) (CP)
* (122) Book 4 - The Shining by Stephen King (audio)
* (123) Book 5 – Faerie Tales edited by Martin H Greenberg (print)
* (124) Book 6 – The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi (audio)
* (125) Book 7 – Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (audio)
* (126) Book 8 – A Tale of the Sazi Book 7: Cold Moon Rising by CT Adams and Cathy Clamp (print)
* (127) Book 9 – The Wolves of Mercy Falls Book 2: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (audio)
* (128) Book 10 – The Prophecy Book 1: Dust to Dust by Heather Graham (audio) (HQ)
* (129) Book 11 – Back Seat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson (audio)
* (130) Book 12 – Mortal Instruments Book 1: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (audio)
* (131) Book 13 – The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker (audio)
* (132) Book 14 – The Midnight Twins Book 2: Look Both Ways by Jacquelyn Mitchard (audio)
* (133) Book 15 – Betsy Taylor Book 3: Undead and Unappreciated by Mary Janice Davidson (audio)
* (134) Book 16 – Morganville Vampires Book 3: Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine (audio)
* (136) Book 17 - The Midnight Twins Book 3: Watch for Me by Moonlight by Jacquelyn Mitchard (audio)
* (137) Book 18 – Harvest Hearts Anthology by Kristin Hannah, Rebecca Paisley, Jo Anne Cassity, Sharon Harlow (Print)
* (138) Book 19 – Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Morris (audio)
* (139) Book 20 – WVMP Radio Book 3: Bring on the Night by Jeri Smith-Ready (print)

And the shorts:
The Price of Freedom by Jenny Schwartz (short eBook) (CP)
Winter’s Passage by Julie Kagawa (short eBook) (HQ)
* (135) The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole (short eBook)
* (135) The Queen’s Witch by Karen Chance (short eBook)

message 9: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) September Reads

Better late than never, right? LOL

* (140) Book 1 – The Altar of Eden by James Rollins (audio)
* (141) Book 2 – Dream Catcher Book 1: Wake by Lisa McMann (audio)
* (142) Book 3 – Pink Carnation Book 6: The Betrayal of the Blood Lily by Lauren Willig (audio)
* (143) Book 4 – Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin (audio)
* (144) Book 5 – Chronicles of Nick Book 1: Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon (audio)
* (145) Book 6 – The Horsemen of the Apocalypse Book 1: Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler (eBook)
* (146) Book 7 – Covert Christmas by Marilyn Pappano, Linda Conrad, Loreth Anne White (print) (HQ)
* (148) Book 8 – The Hunger Games Book 1: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (audio)
* (149) Book 9 – Shakespeare in Love Book 3: Twelfth Night Proposal by Karen Rose Smith (print) (HQ)
* (150) Book 10 – The Seven Kingdoms Book 1: Graceling by Kristin Cashore (audio)
* (151) Book 11 – The Demon’s Lexicon Book 1: The Demon’s Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan (audio)
* (152) Book 12 – The Seven Kingdoms Book 2: Fire by Kristin Cashore (audio)
* (153) Book 13 – Thursdays at Eight by Debbie Macomber (audio)
* (154) Book 14 – Mortal Path Book 2: Sacrifice by Dakota Banks (print)
* (155) Book 15 – Shadow Keepers Book 1: When Blood Calls by JK Beck (eBook)
* (156) Book 16 – Sisters of the Heart Book 1: Water Bound by Christine Feehan (eBook)
* (157) Book 17 – The Hathaways Book 5: Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas (eBook)
* (158) Book 18 – The Bite Before Christmas by Heidi Betts (print ARC)
* (159) Book 19 – The Revenge of the Sisterhood Book 14: Sisterhood Rules of the Game: Razor Sharp by Fern Michaels (audio)
* (160) Book 20 – Beneath the Thirteen Moons by Kathryne Kennedy (print ARC)

And the shorts:
* (147) Hell’s Angel by Jackie Kessler (short eBook)
* (147) Silent Blade by Ilona Andrews (short eBook)

message 10: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) October Reads

* (161) Book 1 – My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon Anthology edited by PN Elrod (audio)
* (162) Book 2 – The Hunger Games Book 2: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (audio)
* (163) Book 3 – Rizzoli and Isles: Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen (audio)
* (164) Book 4 – Dream Catcher Book 2: Fade by Lisa McMann (audio)
* (165) Book 5 – Dream Catcher Book 3: Gone by Lisa McMann (audio)
* (166) Book 6 – Tantalize Book 2: Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith (audio)
* (167) Book 7 – Family Secrets Prequel Book 2: The Phoenix Encounter by Linda Castillo (print) (HQ)
* (168) Book 8 – Beastly by Alex Flinn (audio)
* (169) Book 9 – An Unexpected Song by Iris Johansen (audio)
* (170) Book 10 – Jaguar Warriors Book 1: His Darkest Hunger by Juliana Stone (print)
* (171) Book 11 – Blossom Street: Hannah’s List by Debbie Macomber (audio)
* (172) Book 12 – The Morganville Vampires Book 4: Feast of Fools by Rachel Caine (audio)
* (173) Book 13 – SIGMA Force: The Last Oracle by James Rollins (audio)
* (174) Book 14 – Liar by Justine Larbalestier (audio)
* (175) Book 15 – The Geometry of Sisters by Luanne Rice (audio)
* (176) Book 16 – Shadow Keepers Book 2: When Pleasure Rules by Julie Kenner (eBook)
* (177) Book 17 – Riley Bloom Book 1: Radiance by Alyson Noel (audio)
* (178) Book 18 – Blazing Bedtime Stories Volume IV by Kimberly Raye and Samantha Hunter (print) (HQ)
* (179) Book 19 – In a Fairy Tale World… Book 1: Their Little Cowgirl by Myrna Mackenzie (print) (HQ)
* (180) Book 20 – The Flynn Brothers Book 1: Deadly Night by Heather Graham (audio)
* (181) Book 21 – Angels at Christmas by Debbie Macomber (audio)