Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I completely forget that Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare was coming out soon. I was checking out audible.com and saw this was listed under the new releases! Who's planning on reading it? Do you think that even though these books take place before her other series, do you need to read them first? It's been so long since I read that series that I don't really remember much about it other than a few of the main points and the fact that I really enjoyed it. I have a few audible credits saved up though, so I might have to download this and listen tonight at work.

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 2: by Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (last edited Aug 31, 2010 02:37PM) (new)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) I was at Wal-Mart today and actually saw it on the shelf. I guess it was released earlier than anticipated. I didn't buy a copy. Yet. But, plan on reading it eventually.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I pre-ordered this one from B&N and it's going to be showing up later in the week (same delay that they gave me with Mockingjay). I wouldn't suggest pre-ordering with B&N if you like to get your books on release date. At least my next few pre-orders will be on the Nook and those come out at midnight on release date.

message 4: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I could really use something new to listen to at work, so I'm going to download the audio tonight and get started on it. I'll let you know how it goes!

message 5: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments I am going to order this one from the library.

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I'm going with the library as well.

message 7: by Brandee (new)

Brandee | 31 comments i was so caught up in the BDB series that I forgot this was coming out.. I guess I have one book to add to my collection LOL...

message 8: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Great I am like #28 on the list, which means I probably will not get this until October :-(

message 9: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I've been having a hard time getting into this book so far. Nothing bad with it or anything, it just hasn't grabbed my attention. Maybe I'm just not in the right mood for it. I'm probably going to put it aside for a few days or a week and try again later. Hopefully I'll have better luck then. I loved her other series, so hopefully!

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) | 58 comments I picked this up at my local bookstore this past weekend..planning to read it in October..hope it's good..I hate when I get suckered by a beautiful cover!

message 11: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom I plan on reading it, but I am not buying it yet. I ordered it from the library.

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) | 58 comments I got it 20% off, that was my incentive..LOL

message 13: by Ellen (last edited Sep 18, 2010 04:22AM) (new)

Ellen | 326 comments Read this book in two school day afternoons!

And my overall opinion: Absolutely, extremely, positively, amazingly, great, but not as great as I expected it to be. I guess with all the hype I had better expectations than I wanted. Sigh.

I truely hate hype.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I felt that CA was a much better first book to a series than City of Bones was.

It wasn't as good as City of Glass (my favorite), but the book was a strong series starter book.

Finding comparisons between the two series was fun. I have a lot of questions now that need to be answered!

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (racheleb76) | 60 comments It took me forever to sit down and start this book; partly because of all the hype, I thought I'd be disappointed. But I actually think I might like this series better than Mortal Instruments. Not sure. I definitely agree it was better than City of Bones for a 1st book in a series. And I am very curious about Will's history with his parents...

message 16: by Trace (new)

Trace (Runetracey) I got this for christmas, and Im 3/4 way through it
Its quite good so far :D

message 17: by Trace (new)

Trace (Runetracey) Ive just finished this book. Its very similar to the books of her first series, only based in another time period
I also think the Will character is way to similar to Jace!

Stephanie (Bookfever) (bookfever) I loved this book so much ^^ I'm curious to find out what Will's secret is.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Clockwork Angel (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cassandra Clare (other topics)