homeschool kids discussion

Advice please!!!!

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments Hey everyone. This really isn't the most important, but it's been nagging at me for a long time. How would I embed images in the topics? There certainly is a way, because I've seen it done. But I don't understand it. So if someone could explain it, I'd really appreciate it.

message 2: by Sara (last edited Aug 31, 2010 12:48PM) (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 274 comments By the nifty little box where you type your comment there's a nifty little link that says (some html is ok) if you click on that there's a nifty little rectangle that has nifty little instructions for different nifty stuff.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments Does the image have to be online, then? a link to the site from which i got the image?

message 4: by Michael (last edited Aug 31, 2010 05:57PM) (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments [image error]
what the heck? It still won't work...

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments Sweet! Hahaha it worked.

message 7: by Sara (last edited Aug 31, 2010 07:57PM) (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 274 comments The link has to be of only the image.

For example don't use this:
http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/1...

Click on the link that says largest size and then use that.

most images will let you open them in a window by themselves. You just have to right click and select that option.

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 274 comments btw is that your dA account or just a random person's?

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments That is my account. Most of the images were thoroughly butchered by the transitional process from my sketchbook through a passable camera to the interewebs, but they are indeed up there.

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 274 comments OKAY I'M GONNA FOLLOW YOU!!!!

'cuz I'm a stalker and it's what I do.

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments hahah, cool. Thanks, I think.

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 274 comments I GAVE YOU A LLAMA!

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments Yaayyy I like llamas!

message 14: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 274 comments SO DO I!!!

message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments I ought to get a premium membership sometime. I have become a lot more active on DA in the past couple of months.

message 16: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 274 comments I've only been on there for two months :-S

message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments It's a really cool site. There's a lot of utter junk that shouldn't exist, but there's also some really cool or insightful things up there.

message 18: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 274 comments Yeah, it is a cool site.
Really? Maybe it's because I haven't been on there very long but I haven't really seen any junk....
And one could argue that no art is junk because beauty is in the eye of the beholder or whatever.... :-\

message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments True. But I have seen some art that is... badly in need of editing.

message 20: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 274 comments Everyone has to start somewhere. Like my drawings aren't the greatest... I have to work on developing my style more. D-:

message 21: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 516 comments You're right. I guess it's good for people on DA to get feedback as they practice :D

message 22: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 274 comments yup!