Virtual Warriors Roleplay discussion

Read before Playing. > How to Roleplay

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ♥Justine♥, Inactive (Don't worry young grasshoppers. I'll be back soon) (new)

♥Justine♥ | 674 comments Mod
The Basic Steps

1. Think of a character. This character can be any kind of cat. It can be any color. Give them a name, an appearance, some special trait or ability, possibly even more frivolous things like their hobbies. Keep in mind that your character must be able to play a role in the story, hence the term "roleplay."

2. Think of the setting and time period they're in. If it's a fantasy roleplay, you can even create your own setting. However, since this is based on Warriors, we should stick with the basic idea. And keep it real.

3. Know the lingo. When the roleplay is literate, don't use ** == [:] -- <> for actions! Use narration to describe actions, like this -> Ken walked to his house and sighed, "I wish I ate my bagel this morning." There are sites with full lists of the terms, so look into those. Whereas, in this roleplay, we aren't exactly literate, so it'll do. xDD

4. An intro can mean everything. Try to include who your character is, what they're doing, what they look like, and perhaps a bit about their past if that's needed.

5. Within a few in-character (IC) entries, you should have established some sort of connection between your characters and the others, to where your actions affect the story in some way that the others are able to react to. You risk your character becoming disconnected, otherwise.

6. Never kill someone unless you have the permission of the person who created the roleplay and/or the person who's character you are thinking of killing.

7. Similarly, never take control of anyone else's characters without either their permission or the permission of the 'boss' of the roleplay. Generally, the most you are allowed to control in other characters is dialogue, and even then, you typically won't be allowed to make them say too much.

8. When you are talking regularly (as in not roleplaying), always use some form of brackets to denote being out of character such as ((text)) or [ text :]. You can also use abbreviations like 'OoC'.

9. Think of things you wouldn't say so you can roleplay more fun. never give your name or phone number out to anyone.

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Kathryn Hello!
I just joined so ummm, where do I start out?

message 3: by ♥Justine♥, Inactive (Don't worry young grasshoppers. I'll be back soon) (new)

Hi and welcome to this group!!! I'm Justine and I'm head moderator, and the leader of LeafClan! (Bramblestar) The other moderators are Hazze, leader of MoonClan (Tidalstar), Flowerspots, leader of FrostClan (Venomstar), Lizi, leader of OceanClan (Dawnstar), and Lin, medicine cat of LeafClan (Goldensun). I suggest joining my clan, (LeafClan), since we have hardly any members... Join as a kit, and go to the the Character board in the LeafClan folder. Fill out the form, and then go to the LeafClan nursery and introduce yourself! (you get to choose your name, and since we currently have no queens, you could be a rescued kit or something! Or you could be LeafClan's first queen! :) You decide. And you also decide your name. So first go to the leafclan character board, and then go to the nursery and introduce youself!)

message 4: by ♥Justine♥, Inactive (Don't worry young grasshoppers. I'll be back soon) (new)

And you're not allowed to kill off your cat without your leader's permission!!!!!!! I hope you know that, Lauren! >:O

message 5: by Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon., Thappar denge! (last edited Dec 16, 2010 09:57PM) (new)

Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon. | 887 comments Mod
WOWZERS. Oh and did someone change the group rules - because they keep appearing next to my post. :( Really annoying.
Oh and hi Nicole this is an awesome group! You can have one character in each clan. So make one in each!

Oh yeah I see one new rule. Did somebody kill their cat? :P Who left us like that? :( Right...Enna did. Anyone else?

Yeah that doesn't count. :)

message 8: by rachel (new)

rachel Hi i'm new to the group! and im pretty sure i know how to roleplay :P

message 9: by Hazze, Tidalstar, Blissmoon, Fallengaze, Sparrowtail, and Colette (new)

Hazze | 330 comments Mod
Welcome to the group!

message 10: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
Welcome!!

HI RACHEL WAZUP! So can you be a warrior in Frostclan because we need warriors! But the thing is....Frostclan are the bad guys. Not all the cats are evil, but the leader (me) and deputy are REALLY evil. So we fight with the other clans and break the warrior code, cuz it makes the plot more interesting. So...yeah. I'm not actually evil I just want to make the plot more interesting!

message 12: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 2 comments Hello I am new here and I was wondering what to do really...

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

hi, i am completly new and don't understand what to do? i am like a lost kit who needs help plz

message 14: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
Hey Brooke and Anny!!! This is a group where you can roleplay like in the Warriors series. You have to be four cats, one in each clan, Leafclan, leader: Justine (Bramblestar), Oceanclan, leader: GUESS WHO?.......lizi (Dawnstar), Moonclan, leader: Hazze (Tidalstar) and Frostclan, leader: Shreya the Weirdo =D (Venomstar).
In each clan, there is a leader, deputy, medicine cat, warriors, apprentices, queens and elders. You can be one of them in each can but you will have to consult with the leader of the clan first.
Your cat can be a she-cat or tom, you can choose your looks (you can put a picture instead), your name (something like Snowstrip, Stoneclaw, Tinynose) personality, mate (ask the person first), crush, and kin. If you need any help, you can look at the discussion board. Hope it helped!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

thanx guys that really helped and made me feel welcomed :) <3<3

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

thanx and yes (4 the horses)... they are the only animal i know that don't hurt you until you harm them

message 17: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
lol, shreya loves horses

message 18: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
is that ur fav. pet?

message 19: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
cool! i like dogs, though i dont have one...:(

message 20: by Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon., Thappar denge! (last edited Jan 01, 2011 09:17PM) (new)

OMG LAUREN!!! HORSE LOVERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

:D i had a cat until it clawed my couch into bits then i had a dog until it chewed all of my shoes now i have no pets :( but a horse would be a cool pet

Yeah! But it's hard to keep one. They need so much space.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

true

message 24: by Hazze, Tidalstar, Blissmoon, Fallengaze, Sparrowtail, and Colette (new)

Hazze | 330 comments Mod
I'm not very wild about horses, but I love wolves for canines and lions and domestic cat breeds for felines.

message 25: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
do you have any pet?

message 26: by Hazze, Tidalstar, Blissmoon, Fallengaze, Sparrowtail, and Colette (new)

Hazze | 330 comments Mod
I have a cat and a rabbit. <3

message 27: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
really? how did you find out?

Ouch! :( i'm sorry. BUT I LOVE HORSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I RIDE TOO AND I'M WORKING ON JUMPS BUT MY FAVE IS TRAIL RIDES!

message 29: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
ohhh, creepy!

YIKES. Once I was at my cousin's house and there was only a screen door....and then a fox came in the backyard! We were freaked out. We hid behind a chair until it went away. :P

message 31: by ♥Justine♥, Inactive (Don't worry young grasshoppers. I'll be back soon) (new)

wait did you say that your dad SHOT them???? isnt that illegal?

message 32: by Hazze, Tidalstar, Blissmoon, Fallengaze, Sparrowtail, and Colette (new)

Hazze | 330 comments Mod
I don't think so.. not if they were strays and attacking their property. And Lauren, dogs and cats do that a lot, like an offering or a present. They give the best piece to the ones they love.

DX aww. Poor chickens and goats. :(:(:(

message 34: by ♥Justine♥, Inactive (Don't worry young grasshoppers. I'll be back soon) (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:32PM) (new)

awwwwww... poor puppies.... :'( i ♥ dogs....

Rawr. I can't do them on my mac.

for some reason....i don't have a number lock button. OMG

message 37: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
i tried pressing random numbers while holding the alt button and this is what i get: éY{造媔女
haha

sadlym no. i can try this: ß∂ƒ∂ß∂ƒ∂߃∂f WOAH! okay that worked with alt. ßhreya. SWEET!

message 39: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
i could only do this: 仂餛?鶱靪 and letters with accents: éÔêçè

message 40: by ♥Justine♥, Inactive (Don't worry young grasshoppers. I'll be back soon) (new)

i have a mac too, and i just copied and pasted those hearts! i can do this ∑´´®†¥¨˙˜˚¬ππøø…ª•¶¶§∞¢£™¡™£¢∞§¶•ª∑´®†¥¨ˆß∂ƒ©˙∆˚≈ç√∫˜µ≤≥÷–ºª•¶†®´ß∂ç√∫˜µ
i repeated some

OMGGGGGGGGGGG cool ••¶§ª•¶ª§•¶¢ª•¶§•ª¶¢§∞£¢∞™¢£™¡¢£ ™¢∞¶•¶§ª•¶
MANIA!

It looks like I'm swearing. :(

message 43: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
oohhh ya! that reminds me! one time at my school, this kid printed something off the internet, then the printer wont stop printing and it kept on printing like 40 pages! talk at killing trees! anyways, when it kept on printing, it printed smiley faces, hearts and a bunch of stuff (u know, the ones that u typed in shreya)and it printed ONLY that on a page and the same thing on the other pages. and this girl was like, "it look like swear words! really bad ones!" lol

Haaahhha was that last year or this year?

message 45: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
this year

message 46: by ♥Justine♥, Inactive (Don't worry young grasshoppers. I'll be back soon) (new)

That was this dumb kid in me and Lin's class who stalks me. His name's theo and hes a freak and he stalks me!!! :(

message 47: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
really? he stalks you?

WOW. wow. wowwwww

♥Justine♥ wrote: "That was this dumb kid in me and Lin's class who stalks me. His name's theo and hes a freak and he stalks me!!! :("
There's a guy in my class call Teo! Except he's nice.

message 50: by Linda, Inactive (new)

Linda | 522 comments Mod
well most people in ur school are nice

« previous 1