Delirity discussion

Author W-Z > Tairen Soul - C.L. Wilson

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by Carrie (Care) (last edited Aug 31, 2010 11:03AM) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Thanks heather! I see they are numbered here at GR. At amazon they don't say what order they are in.

I have to start my re-read of the last few Wheel of Time books in October for the release of the new book November 2. After I am done, I am going to start this series. Or I may start it sooner if I get time.

message 3: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 31, 2010 01:50PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments What I really love about this series is that it has a very well developed fantasy world. Like any fantasy series, it takes a few chapters to figure out the surroundings/language, etc. The books have all my favorite elements of a great fantasy series : magic, wars, different races, etc.

Once you get going, everything starts to flow, and you find yourself sucked into the world. The love story is breathtaking. I absolutely love that it has that soulmate feeling (they're called truemates) of one man and one woman destined to be together.

I also found myself caring deeply about many of the side characters. There are several warriors in the series that stole my heart, as well as the family of the heroine (especially her adorable young twin sisters). My two favorite warriors are slated to get a spin-off series eventually, and I hope they find their truemates as well.

As well, this series has a nod to PNR with a main character that is part Fey, but can also shift into a flying cat.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. This is in my top 10 PNR favs! Fantastic fantsy romance series. Great world building, romance, character development and storyline.

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. Me too Shannon. I just loved these books. Preordered the next.

message 6: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) These are in my top 5 PNR books,she is such a good story teller

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
What's the gist of the plot? 2-3 sentences kind of thing. (At least for book 1 if that makes it easier.)

message 8: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Sep 17, 2010 01:07AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Book 1 :

A lowly woodcutter's daughter is living a life out of her control (she's even being forced into an arranged marriage), when one night her soul calls out to an unknown man in the distance...

The man is the King of the Fey, and he is half Fey/half Tairen (shifter cat that has wings). This king scorched the world when his first love died at the hands of evil warlocks, and believed that he would never love again until his truemate's soul calls out to him from a far off land.

He seeks to find her...

(sorry, hard to break it down in 2 to 3 sentences)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Wow, I just made that sound really cheesy.

message 10: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments That sounds good! :) I'm going to look into these.

message 11: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I have the first 3 now, so I better like them. :P I bought the ebooks and if you have a Nook, they are hard to find. The first I found via the shop and search on my Nook, the second on the actual B&N website with my computer, and the third I had to get at Kobo. Kobo is actually cheaper for all of the books. B&N is $6.99 and Kobo is $5.79 (Kobo is only 0.40 cheaper for WoT books).

message 12: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Do kobo books come in epub? And do the work well for the Nook? Sorry, I forgot if they do or not. =X

message 13: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments The books work for the Nook, but will show up in your my docs.

message 14: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Kay.

message 15: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Anybody feel like reading this together? I wasn't planning on starting it right away, but as long as I can finish at least one of the books I am reading now I will read it whenever.

message 16: by Heather (new)

I'd be willing, but I won't get to it for at least a month. If you want to read it earlier then don't worry about me.

message 17: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I wanted to do my WoT re-read before reading them, so it works for me.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments The last book in the series comes out tomorrow and I have been waiting for it impatiently...

But we had to get work done on the car this week and I can't buy it until Friday.

It's not the end of the world, but I'm kind of bummed. This is one of my favorites and I've been looking forward to the day.

Can't wait to see what others think of the book though!

message 19: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Aw, that sucks. I know exactly what you mean about waiting.

I am excited to start this series. I will definitely need something to take my mind off of WoT after next week.

message 20: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments So Heather, do you want to start maybe after we finish our Read It Because I Said So book? Or let me know when is good for you. Maybe I might start a bit before you since you read faster than me.

message 21: by Heather (new)

Probably around then Carrie. I'm still waiting for it from the library.

message 22: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments That is sweet Stacia.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Wow!! I'm not sure what I was expecting. A cheesy romance perhaps? But I'm in love, I haven't been this obsessed about reading an Epic Fantasy series in a long while. Wait, this is Romantic Fantasy? Calling in Paranormal Romance doesn't seem right.

I'm only on the first one, pg 224ish!! The plot is good, and I'm finding a lot of LOL moments. I think I'm starting to scar people with my fist pumps of victory!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments You'll have to let me know what you think of the dinner scene with the Keflee and Pinalle aphrodisiac combo. I was grinning during that one.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments It was freaking priceless!! I could not stop laughing!! *_* It almost amused me as much as the courtroom scene. I can just picture those Faye warriors making a made dash for the Brothel side of town. >_<

Poor Queen, I almost feel bad for her "evil" plan backfiring. I'm sure the king gave her what was coming! ^_-

*sigh* I just finished it, and I made the mistake of not buying the book on Friday. Still not up to full health. Now I'm not sure if I should read something to keep my mind busy until I can by the next copy on Monday, or just hold out for the copy!!

message 26: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I was going to start it this week. I am not sure when, if I get in the mood I will just start it since it is already on my nook.

message 27: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Nov 19, 2010 07:39AM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments You guys need to read it so I can gossip about it with you!

message 28: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I am going to start it I think. I haven been taking my time with books lately, so Heather will finish before me even if I start it first.

message 29: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Wow!! I'm not sure what I was expecting. A cheesy romance perhaps? But I'm in love, I haven't been this obsessed about reading an Epic Fantasy series in a long while. Wait, this is Romantic Fanta..."

I agree! It seems more like fantasy romance to me. Love this series.

Stacia wrote: "You'll have to let me know what you think of the dinner scene with the Keflee and Pinalle aphrodisiac combo. I was grinning during that one."

I love that part too.

message 30: by Heather (new)

Crap. It's not here yet. It's in transit though.

message 31: by Heather (new)

Umm...I should get it Tues or Wed, but after work Wed it's Harry Potter and Hooters so I'll try and start it on Thanksgiving. (If it really shows up.)

message 32: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Are you going to Hooters, like the bar/restaurant? I have never actually heard of anybody going there. I don't think we have those up here but I have a funny Hoosters story (kind of). My bff and I went to the Breaking Dawn midnight release and we were wearing our white Team Edward tank tops. After we went to a bar to do a couple shots before going to her place to read. When we walked in a guy asked us if we were coming form Hooters and we said "No Chapters!". He thought we were completely insane. Like why would anybody be coming from a book store at 1 am and be all excited, lol. I guess you had to be there, but it was funny to see the look on his face.

Anyway, about TS, I haven't actually started it yet. I thought I would have time yesterday during nap, but that didn't work out. I have had Dr.s appointments and I have to pack and get ready to go down to NY for Thanksgiving so I won't be reading today either. I will be gone for 5 days, so I have no idea if I will have a chance to read it or not. In the small amount of time I have, I'm been re-reading Towers of Midnight. So unless I have some alone time this weekend, I won't be reading it until next week. :(

Have fun at Potter!!!!

message 33: by Heather (new)

Ya, I'm actually going. We go for fried pickles. Sounds nasty, but I most people love them. We also like the wings.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Are they the fried pickle spears or the slices? I prefer the slices to the spears. There isn't enough coating on the spears.

message 35: by Heather (new)

Slices. Spears don't taste right. Maybe it's just too much pickle... When we moved out here we saw it on the menu some place and started busting up laughing. My in-laws were with us and we just decided to try to say we did. Didn't expect to fall in love with them.

message 36: by Angela (new)

Angela B I love fried pickles! We were talking about them at my house tonight oddly enough

message 37: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments So far I got to page 14, lol. I just got back from the US, and I probably won't get much reading in tomorrow either. I have a lot of work to do to get things ready for this week. I have surgery on Thursday so I will have lots of bed rest and time to read in the next 2 weeks.

message 38: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 432 comments I've finished the first two in the series and although they weren't bad, I haven't felt compelled to continue with the series.

This author actually has a neat story behind the story. If I'm remembering correctly, she was really focused on finishing and publishing a Navy SEALs story, she had it almost finished but when this idea came to her she stopped writing it. Her publisher went more for the fantasy series in the end.

message 39: by Heather (new)

I'm enjoying it so far. Don't know if I'll love it just yeat, but I'll definately finish this one. My library only carries the first two.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Carrie (Care) wrote: "So far I got to page 14, lol. I just got back from the US, and I probably won't get much reading in tomorrow either. I have a lot of work to do to get things ready for this week. I have surgery on ..."

Oh, I hope the surgery goes well. My mom always hates the bed rest stage. Maybe I can make her pick up reading . . .

message 41: by Heather (new)

Good luck!

message 42: by Heather (new)

I really want to finish this, but my husband has me watching TV shows. I'm going batty. If it weren't such a huge episode I'd totally ignore NCIS, but ...

message 43: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Thanks. It's not really a big thing.

I still haven't had a chance to pick this up again. That's not really true, I had a few mins but I read my other book since I am almost finished.

message 44: by Amy (new)

Amy (fantasydream3) | 6 comments I finished reading the first two books in this series this past weekend, and I loved them! The romance is especially touching and sweet. The books are making me yearn and wish for my own truemate lol!

message 45: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I am really enjoying the love story, but I really thought there would be some action. Am I right in assuming the later books are more action packed?

message 46: by Amy (new)

Amy (fantasydream3) | 6 comments I haven't had a chance to read the third book yet, but I'm assuming there's definitely more romance because some action starts at the end of book 2.

message 47: by Heather (new)

I'm still waiting for book 2 from the library.

message 48: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments So get this. Somehow I was reading the second Tairen Soul ebook (I have the first 3 on my Nook) and I was listening to the audiobook when I was doing dishes or laundry, whatever. I do this all the time, I go back and forth between the book and audio. This time when I picked up my Nook I was reading another book as well, so I went into my library and found TS2, then skipped to the chapter I was at in the audio. Well somehow (after reading for a good couple hrs and what I thought was a nice chunk of the book) I was getting really confused, so I checked again where I was and realized I was reading the third book! Ah frak, I am a moron sometimes.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I'd be confused jumping back and forth.

message 50: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments The worst part is a read a lot about things that are now spoiled for me. Or at least spoiled the second book for me.

« previous 1