We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Just for Fun > 20 Ways to Know You Read Too Much Romance...

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) I'm sure we can all relate to at least one of these (with the exception of #11)

You Know You Read Too Much Romance When...

1. Most of your email is author newsletters telling you about latest releases, contests, and book signings.

2. You insist on bringing a chaperon on romantic dates; even though you're 25 years old.

3. You own a digital copy of every print romance book on your favorite’s shelf.

4. Your favorite’s shelf is now the entire bookcase and the area in front of it on the floor.

5. You have a plot trope, character type, or preference you are too embarrassed to share with other romance readers.

6. Your bookshelves are classified first by sub genre, then by author.

7. After kissing each other breathless, you accidentally say, "Please Lord Mark take me now to your bedchamber."

8. He says, "I know-I know you can't spend the night with me because your aunt Lady Marie will start the rumor-mill."

9. Your fictional boyfriend is Mr. Darcy, Mr. Thornton, or another romantic alpha hero.

10. You once had to question where the hymen was located, because most romance novels have the hero penetrate it somewhere inside the vagina instead of at the opening.

11. You clip the covers off your romances and make a mantitty wallpaper collage.

12. The name Vladimir de Laaf, the Duke of Longwood, sounds like a valid name for a man and Lady Saramia, the Widow of Evesham, makes for an equally good heroine name.

13. In your mind, being unwed and over twenty is a crime.

14. When making love-you find yourself moaning, "Oh yes, all the way to the hilt!"

15. You’re actually disappointed he showed up in his Lexus....where's the black stallion?

16. You own or are following every romance blog you encounter or have written blog posts for them.

17. If the first thing you can find in your purse is your latest romance read.

18. You’ve attended more than five romance conventions just because. Jane Austen and Regency period conventions count, even if they aren't about books at all, because the sub genres are prominent.

19. You can spot a secret baby within a 100 yards.

20. If you ever daydreamed about being a heroine in one.

http://www.loveromancepassion.com/20-...

message 2: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 338 comments Very funny!

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments When making love-you find yourself moaning, "Oh yes, all the way to the hilt!"

LMAO could you just imagine saying that? haha

message 4: by D.G. (new)

D.G. LOLOLOL!

I laughed at that one too Megan although I identify myself with this one:

9. Your fictional boyfriend is Mr. Darcy, Mr. Thornton, or another romantic alpha hero.

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 338 comments I liked the bringing a chaperone, even when you're 25. Can you imagine making your friends and family go with you on dates? Funny.

message 6: by Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (last edited Sep 01, 2010 12:22AM) (new)

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments 21. You start using Lily of the Valley instead of Chanel.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments 22. You refer to the penis as a manroot.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "22. You refer to the penis as a manroot."

Pamela, I read this and laughed so hard I actually spluttered (another romance word), then choked and began coughing.

23. You write a letter on scented paper instead of dashing off an e-mail.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

message 10: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments 24. you start referring to your own chest as a 'heaving bosom'

:-)

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments 25. You start wearing a chemise and corset.

message 12: by Koosh (last edited Sep 09, 2010 07:20AM) (new)

Koosh | 90 comments Lol. Guilty of all the above!

message 14: by E. (new)

E. R. (dilawrosas) | 507 comments LOL! Darn, but this is SO funny!

26. You are FANS of cover models. If you meet one, you immediately ask for their signature and/or take photos with them. And brag about it to your [online] friends.

I dunno if that should be added, but I think that would happen. (Refers to John Gidding of CURB APPEAL: THE BLOCK in that episode where a book cover of him was shown).

message 15: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 338 comments I can so see that happening E!

message 16: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments E. wrote: "LOL! Darn, but this is SO funny!

26. You are FANS of cover models. If you meet one, you immediately ask for their signature and/or take photos with them. And brag about it to your [online] frie..."

I remember that one!! LOL!! So funny.

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments 27. You insist on referring to your handbag as a reticule.

message 18: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments Carol wrote: "27. You insist on referring to your handbag as a reticule."

lol, my husband would never forgive me for that I'm afraid

message 19: by Mollie *scoutrmom* (last edited Sep 24, 2010 08:48PM) (new)

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments 28. Your suitcase is a "valise."

That's a word my grandmother always used, to the extent that my brothers and cousins used to mock her behind her back.

29. You own sealing wax or an inkwell, and know how to use it.

I did back in high school, but no longer.

message 20: by E. (new)

E. R. (dilawrosas) | 507 comments 30. You can spot a romance cover (be it with any body part or just a colorful cover) among other books in the book aisle OR know that another person is reading a romance book even if you are far away.

31. As soon as you see the cover and read the name, you know who the author and the genre the author writes about (i.e. romance: urban fantasy, paranormal, etc.).

message 21: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments you're so right E! I went to the library the other day to drop off my books and stumbled into a book sale I didn't know was going on. I went into a mild tizzy...and immediately zoomed in on the romance...like a homing beacon!

message 22: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments You refer to the penis as a manroot. ( i will so use it at work!!! ) so great!!

The name Vladimir de Laaf, the Duke of Longwood, sounds like a valid name for a man and Lady Saramia, the Widow of Evesham, makes for an equally good heroine name.

LOL!! thankfully LK has some mercy on her characters..!

what a great laugh!!

message 23: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments lol...that IS hilarious!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

This has made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am laughing and everyone is looking at me like I have lobsters crawling out of my ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy today! weeeeeeeeee

message 25: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 1478 comments OMG! This is great and so true :)

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments The sight of a man's bare chest sends shivers down your spine and you want to run your hands over him!

message 27: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Definitely! Yowza, Carol!

ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 241 comments Love the list. At least 15 of those are spot-on for me. :p

Samina The Story Devourer  | 2 comments hahaha...IMAO