TV We've Just Watched discussion

Cancelled/Series Ended > The Glades

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments New show on A&E (right?). Anyone watching? Yes another cop show but damn it if Jim Longworth (playbed by Matt Passmore) isn't so charming and sexy! He's the whole reason I gave the show more then 5 minutes! The rest of the cast is enjoyable too but his character is great.

message 2: by Gigi (new)

Gigi Roxy, I'm starting to really love this show! I love the chemistry between Jim and Carlos.

message 3: by Holli (new)

Holli I'm watching it too and it's building into a GREAT show! Love it...

At first i couldn't stand the girl in it... can't think of her name right now... but she's starting to grow on me now that she's dropped the lame attitude she had with him.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Hey you guys this is a good show. He's kind of funny, and he sure is nice to look at. I like what's her name. She needs to divorce that sorry husband she has and spend some time with Jim.

Roxy like you said another cop show. But i got to thinking the other day,(and that's dangerous for me) that at least half of what is on TV is some kind of cop show. Just think about it. There are some that aren't per say cop shows, but still deal with some kind of law. Drop Dead Diva--Lawyer, Unknown Persons--Military, Burn Notice--CIA, Lie To Me--FBI. Then one fourth doctor/hospital shows. Last but not least one fourth comedy. What do you all think?

message 5: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Its rediculous the number of cop/law & dr/hospital shows there are now. I was gripping about it earlier in the summer before some of the newer shows came out. I was going to try and avoid any of the new ones but alas a few have actually sucked me in.

I started watching this, Rizzoli & Isles (which is just fun and neat that its based on a book series that I'd already read some of), Covert Affairs (I'm not hot for it but its something to DVR and watch at some point), hmmm.....am forgeting something....Haven (on Scifi but still cop based)

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments Started off slow for me but getting mroe into it now

message 7: by Holli (new)

Holli I felt the same way Terri... I almost gave up on it but by the 3rd episode I was hooked.

message 8: by Gigi (new)

Gigi Roxy wrote: "New show on A&E (right?). Anyone watching? Yes another cop show but damn it if Jim Longworth (playbed by Matt Passmore) isn't so charming and sexy! He's the whole reason I gave the show more the..."

I just found out that Matt Passmore is actually Australian. I'm going to have to look up some of the other things that he's been in. You're absolutely right about Jim Longworth's character...very charming and sexy indeed. I love the chemistry between him and Callie. I loved that kiss last week. Can't wait to see where that is heading.

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I like Glades! It's more relaxed and not so intense as CSI Miami.

message 10: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Kathy said: "1544498 I like Glades! It's more relaxed and not so intense as CSI Miami. "

Kathy - that is exactly it!! Its not so intense, just enjoyable.

Gigi - I didn't realize he was australian. Now I wonder if he has a thick Aussie accent.

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan I love this show and have been hooked since the first episode!! Was I the only one screaming at the TV when Jim and Callie finally kissed???

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan On a sad note, only two more episodes to go this season!! Uggghhhh.......

message 13: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I like Jim and Callie. I like the way he is sweet on her, you can tell that doesn't happen for him a lot.

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I like the fact that she can't make up her mind. But when she seen that Indian woman checking him out she got all bent out of shape and had to kiss him. Great show.

message 15: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Yeah i think you got it right.
One hit man 100,000.00 dollars.
The wrong dead guy 15 years in prison
The look on his face Priceless!

message 16: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Anyone know when the new season starts?

message 17: by Holli (new)

Holli I'm thinking in July? Somewhere around there?

message 18: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments thats what I figured too. just wanted to update the thread ;-)

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan Why don't they show the repeats of Glades?? I sure do miss it!!!

message 20: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Yes, Jim was so yummy. I could sit through a few repeats

message 21: by Susan (new)

Susan me too Roxy, me too!! Delicious!!! LOL

message 22: by Holli (new)

Holli I'd watch the repeats too, he's hot!! :)

message 23: by Susan (new)

Susan yes yes yes!!! :) That smirk of his drives me crazy!!! :)

message 24: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments The new season is interesting, with Callie's new role as a forensic nurse.

message 25: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments AND I loved the NASCAR episode!

message 26: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I like Calllie's new role too but I hope they don't keep the chick from Chicago. I just did not see the chemistry and frankly I just didn't buy the actress as a cop.

message 27: by Holli (new)

Holli I am loving Callie in her new role... this season really has been good so far! How cute was that little girl too in the NASCAR episode??

message 28: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I know, right? I'm just wondering when the shit is going to hit the fan with Ray. You know he is up to something and I'm not sure I buy the whole witness protection thing. That was too easy.

message 29: by Holli (new)

Holli Yeah I'm wondering what's going on there too... I want him to be good for his son's sake but I also would love to see Jim back in his life more like he used to be. I thought he was a great influence on him and he really helped Jim too....

message 30: by Christine (new)

Christine I am feeling that this season is a little off from last season. I miss the Jim that made wisecracks and had fun at what he was doing. This Jim always seem to be on edge. His boss seems to be picking on him all the time too. Did they change writers or what????

message 31: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I too feel this season isn't quite as good as the first. I really hope they don't do the relationship dance with Jim and Cally. I honestly think they could still have a good show with that relationship tension if they put them together instead of doing the usual unrequited love crap. Them working together could add a different level to that.

message 32: by Holli (new)

Holli The Glades was renewed for a 3rd season!!

message 33: by Susan (new)

Susan YAY Holli! When does it start?? I need a dose of JIM!! :)

message 34: by Holli (new)

Holli Susan, it will start next summer :)

message 35: by Susan (new)

Susan OMG, that is way tooooo long to wait!!!

message 36: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Season Premier tonight at 9 est!

message 37: by Susan (new)

Susan I know Roxy! I know! I'm bouncing off the walls waiting! Hahahahaha

message 38: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Great starter episode!! Loved it!

message 39: by Holli (new)

Holli Loved the first episode of the season... off to a great start!! And the actress who plays Callie most certainly must be pregnant and they are trying to hide it... the telltale full face, shots from the neck up or far far away, clipboard always in front of her stomach..... ;)

message 40: by Susan (new)

Susan I agree 100% Holli! My husband and I called it right away! Her face looks much fuller!

message 41: by Holli (new)

Holli My husband noticed it first before I did... he said "Callie's not lookin' so hot anymore!!" LOL

message 42: by Susan (new)

Susan Mine said "look! She's knocked up!" so rude!!

message 43: by Christine (new)

Christine Mine didn't notice.

message 44: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I noticed that her face is looking bloated. I couldn't decided if I thought she was preggers

message 45: by Holli (new)

Holli renewed for a 4th season

message 46: by Christine (new)

Christine I am kind of surprised. This last season was not quite as good as past ones. Jim didn't seem as quippy and Callie not as into Jim. It seemed forced all season. My husband got bored and doesn't want to watch it anymore.

message 47: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I agree Christine. I got bored too. I've two episodes sitting on my DVR for ages.

message 48: by Holli (last edited Sep 14, 2012 09:05AM) (new)

Holli The last two episodes were the best ones Roxy... good ending......you gotta watch them!

message 49: by Christine (new)

Christine Yes, I agree with Holli, the best episodes were the last ones.

message 50: by Susan (new)

Susan Does anyone know when the new season starts?

« previous 1